First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Silverado 2500 HC, 2023 Bronco Heritage, WRX
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I have the tow package and thinking about towing or using the hitch mount for the following.
-small dump trailer for yard brush.
-using it for a Kuat bike hitch mount.

Question: has anyone tried towing a boat?
I have a Yamaha SX190 with a dry weight 3050 lbs. I am thinking that this would be a struggle with the 2.7l. Currently use my diesel With the trailer brake to do this.

My trailer has surge brakes and have a balancing hitch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I have the tow package and thinking about towing or using the hitch mount for the following.
-small dump trailer for yard brush.
-using it for a Kuat bike hitch mount.

Question: has anyone tried towing a boat?
I have a Yamaha SX190 with a dry weight 3050 lbs. I am thinking that this would be a struggle with the 2.7l. Currently use my diesel With the trailer brake to do this.

My trailer has surge brakes and have a balancing hitch.
Not sure why you said that your boat has a dry weight of 3050lbs, but best I can tell is that your boat has a dry weight of 2,370lbs. so even loaded up plus a trailer you should be good to go.
Ford Bronco Towing 1000020816

Seems everyone is super paranoid about towing with the Bronco. As long as you stay within the ratings, you shouldn't have any problems.

I have a 2dr with the 2.3 and 7MT and have no qualms about using the towing ability to the fullest.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
The engine and transmission can handle double the towing capacity, it's the suspension what brings it down to the Rav4 class. The Ranger can tow 7500#.

TX-Dennis

Wildtrak
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The main limiting factor is the hitch. It's basically a bumper hitch. The Ranger hitch attaches directly to the frame. It will still safety pull up to 3500 lbs. If the weight is properly distributed.

Last edited:

Dorf2point0

Big Bend
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Explorer, 2005 Explorer, 2013 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

As with any towing.. Take it easy.. Watch your oil and transmission temperatures.. Lots of threads on temperature limits and such.. Just be careful.. Nothing worst that pulling the hitch off the đźš—..

SuperDave150

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@Gregus73 I don’t see a problem. While OEM manufacturers don’t disclose details of what are the limiting factors of their tow ratings (I.e., What keeps your Chevy from towing 40,000 lbs? Who knows?) the boat & trailer you propose are well within the range of your Bronco. Of course if you’re talking about a cross-continent expedition in the summer over the Rockies and Death Valley then you should use the full size pickup. But running the boat to the local lake ? Yeah sure 👍.

Last October I did 2 trips back to back, on the interstate, across the continental divide, with a uhaul trailer weighing about the same as your boat setup. I did one trip with the Bronco, and the other with my F150, purely for comparison purposes. The Bronco was absolutely fine towing the UHaul. Power, control, braking - all good. The only real difference was how much strong crosswinds (and I mean strong) would require more correction and attention in the Bronco. Still safe and in control but just required attentiveness.
Sponsored

Last edited: