First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I won't be selling anything but I decided to punch in my '11 F150 Limited in NADA/KBB to see what it's worth these days. I bought it in 2014 with 22k miles for $31k (lease payoff). As of yesterday it books for $29k with 79,500 miles on it. I about fell off my chair! 7 years and almost 60k miles later I've only lost $2k. Now when I bought it I had plenty of equity in it but still. Watching the local market the prices just keep going up and up!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Robertriley

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK, 36 ford convertible, 59 MGA, 57 Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is Crazy. I only paid $18,500 new off the lot 12 years ago. It's like renting the car for $83 a year plus service and maintenance.
Ford Bronco trade in values exploding Screenshot (94)

dejones64

Black Diamond
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is just pushing me to want to unload my current vehicle now. We can probably survive with just one for a while. I checked Truecar (price was so-so), and then KBB which was drastically better so I'm not sure what to believe yet, and then it's like the stock market - trying to wait for the top.
Would used car prices drop if chips make a comeback?

soonerbronco

Badlands
First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1976 FJ40
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I bought my '20 JLU Rubicon (with 6k miles) April of '20. Paid $47K + tax. Has every option available except BSM. The dealer texted me 2 weeks ago to buy it back for same price but with 18k miles. I wish I could figure out the sales tax credit for my new Bronco.....

Sponsored

BEM-S4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMWs & Porsches
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Just traded GF 3-series on a new one which we ordered. They guaranteed the trade price for the ~10 week wait plus itā€™s 30% higher than when we looked in Jan. Cant complain about that!

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh my god. I just checked the value of my wifeā€™s 2017 Cruze we paid 11.5K for. 12-13K? They want to pay me more than i paid for a 4 year old car with 45K miles?! I wish I had a spare for her because I would totally jump on this.

DaBronCo33

Base
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah itā€™s killing me right now not to be able to ditch my ride. Need my build date already!!

irishdore

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Ford Bronco Badlands, '20 Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can also confirm the current used car prices dealers and Carvana/Vroom will pay are about 30%-35% higher than 6-9 months ago. I had my 2013 Ford Fusion Titanium with 64,000 miles and 8 years of kids' crumbs with some bumps and bruises (like minor buffable grocery cart-like dings) quoted at a worth of $9,813 last October. Now, I can get approx. $13,000-$14,000 for it from quotes I've seen.

I, too, have had discussions with my wife about do we just cash in and go down to one vehicle until the Bronco. The major hold back for me is the same as others have said: the uncertainty of when I might receive my Bronco. If by end of this year, then I think we can make it work. If it went well into this same time in 2022 (e.g., a year from now), then no way.

Best,
David

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Would used car prices drop if chips make a comeback?
Yes. Chips and the other commodities will get back on track and then cars will start being cranked out again by all the manufacturers.

There will be a few people that will have their cake and eat it too (get a Bronco and also be able to sell old ride at good price) but most will have to decide to sell car early or not, while prices still hot.

Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Everybody tryin to figure out if they could ride a bike to work for a few months right now

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
i get that I guess what i meant is if vehicles are going to hold value so well, why spend money on leasing. No way they let you off the lot for less than $500/ month for a bronco no matter what the residual is.
Because if residual values are (unnaturally) high when you lease, you'll get a lower monthly payment. And if the residual value drops dramatically (due to their unnatural levels to begin with) during your lease period, the lessor eats that loss, not you. Leasing seems to be a safe way to go in such an environment.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everybody tryin to figure out if they could ride a bike to work for a few months right now
I hope those people already own a bike.

Iā€™ve actually got a couple ones that my wife and I never ride. They are like new. Iā€™m probably going to sell them while that market is shit hot too. New bikes are backordered for many months.

jevus2006

Outer Banks
First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Libre DL
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My '14 Ford Focus (82k miles) is being sold to AutoLendersGo for $7000 and will be picked up tomorrow. When I first reserved the Bronco, it was valued around $5k. We will be a 1 car family for a while now. Hopefully not longer than a year.

Carmax online offer was $6900
Carvana around $6100
Vroom at $4800