Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

On Monday we sold my wife's car via KBB. They offered us $4000 more than Carvana.
A local car dealership did the deal and the entire process from getting the quote on the webpage to driving to the dealer and selling it was about 2 total hours of time.
Crazy simple. Timing was freaking perfect and the car was just not being used since we both wfh about 90% of the time.
thats the same route I did, back a couple months ago Carvana was better, but this time KBB Instant was a couple thousand higher as KBB does a more localized dealer pool.
Sponsored

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why trade in a 2019? That is the root of the problem right there. If you are only going to keep it 2-3 years, lease it.
He had another kid, works overseas most of the time and my parents drive my sister in law around who is not a US citizen or even drives along with her 2 kids. When he is home they need room for 6 as well as 4wd at times. That's why the F150 only had 4k miles on it. He hated to get rid of his truck but needed the room. He was upside down on it because of what he traded in to get it before he was making awesome money.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Took my wife's TRAX to the dealer for service. Decent size dealer, usually have 30-40 new and 20 used late model trucks on the lot. They had two, count 'em two Silverados on the lot, new. Crazy times. TRAX is being sold/traded for the Bronco, My 2012 Sierra isn't going anywhere. No Onstar...

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Trade in is high but nothing to buy at good price (new vehicles). we decided not to sell for now.

Sponsored

CDN Jen

Badlands
First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, 2021 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Carvana is offering me $6000 more for my 2016 Fiesta than the estimate I got 6 months ago. Crazy (almost double). My baby Bronco is being delivered next week, so I'm ready to unload one of my cars right now. And it's nice I'm locked into Z-plan so I benefit from the high trade in but don't get stung with an increased purchase price.

Tricky Nick

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 2dr JK, manual, AEV lifted, 35’s
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm still hoping my car doesn't literally explode before the Bronco is available.

Blew a hole in the exhaust a few weeks ago so it's extra classy now.
yep, put a new cat converter on my JK (right after major tuneup), so check engine light would go off and I would be good to go selling it...posted it a couple days ago, and my check engine light went back on...waiting on the dreaded call from my mechanic..."you're not going to be happy, but your jeep needs ..." However, my ask price is now a good deal on cargurus, instead of a fair deal a couple days ago.

StedeBonnett

Outer Banks
First Name
Geno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2020 Subaru Forester Touring
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

oh boy… I breezed through this thread, I figured I have nothing to lose. So, let's see what my 2012 Mustang GT is worth on KBB. KBB is saying $14,900 - and now I've had three dealers call all offering more than KBB if the car is as listed. I'm being told in upstate SC used Mustangs are a hot commodity…

Decisions, decisions, I'm an October reservation and my wife does not share her Subaru well.

Last edited:

Joker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Just put my 2016 f250 info in at Carvana and they are $20,000 less then what I could sell it for. They smoking crack
Update: Carzeus offered me 12k more than Carvana. Not sure why Carvana lowballed me but done with them.

Sponsored

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for fun I checked on KBB what my almost 19 year old Taco might be worth, trade in between 9-12k, LOL. That's nuts, means in private sale I could sell this truck with it's 120k miles for about half of what I paid for it new. I'd never pay that much for such an old truck (we're not talking a classic car here), crazy. Last year I checked for fun and it was around 7k.
I'll never sell it, has been fantastic with less than $1k in repairs, but man, if somebody has a couple 2nd/3rd etc cars sitting around, good time to sell and get something nicer once this market cools down.

A51Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Geoffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford FX4, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My dealer talked me into a raptor over an F250 for resale......im really happy he did. My truck is worth well over original MSRP, but then again I only have 12k miles on a 19.....

Cousin Eddie

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Having signed a contract for my Bronco price when I placed my order seems like it might have been a good idea right about now!

Bronconheimer

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500 HD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
oh boy… I breezed through this thread, I figured I have nothing to lose. So, let's see what my 2012 Mustang GT is worth on KBB. KBB is saying $14,900 - and now I've had three dealers call all offering more than KBB if the car is as listed. I'm being told in upstate SC used Mustangs are a hot commodity…

Decisions, decisions, I'm an October reservation and my wife does not share her Subaru well.
I just did the same thing. Carvana just offered me $15,737 for a 2012 Subaru I paid $8,000 for 3 years ago. WTH?
Sponsored