85_Ranger4x4

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1985 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I was smart I would dump my F-150 now and buy a cheap beater car to get by with until the truck market bubble pops.

Used truck prices are stupid, I halfheartidly looked at a newer F-150 the other day and it is going to be a hard pass on updating until truck prices start getting some root in reality.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If only each of us had a semi-clear idea of when our individual Broncos would be built/delivered...
I know man, seriously if I absolutely KNEW when I was getting it, it wouldn't even matter how soon. Just knowing a date, I could sell and make arrangements. I can't budge without some backend known.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Everybody tryin to figure out if they could ride a bike to work for a few months right now
I can ride a tricycle from my bedroom to my office 😂 Also I went a bought another car at less then 2% for 72 months before the interest rates go through the roof.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If only each of us had a semi-clear idea of when our individual Broncos would be built/delivered...
See. This guy wants his cake. (y)

All this stuff going on around the pandemic has been fascinating to watch from an economic and human behavior perspective. Like some crazy off the wall experiment with all of humanity.

Just think of all the different things that have occurred in the last 15 months, and we aren’t done yet.

I’m very curious what repercussions this whole working from home thing is going to cause later on.

Just saw a story that birth rate last year was historic low. Will there be a another baby boom soon? Everybody wants a new car. Maybe they want a new kid too.

Last edited:

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I know man, seriously if I absolutely KNEW when I was getting it, it wouldn't even matter how soon. Just knowing a date, I could sell and make arrangements. I can't budge without some backend known.
It benefits Ford to not get too specific and keep stringing people along.

Sponsored

Faust

Badlands
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado - Company Edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I really, really love Carvana. I've sold two vehicles to them - One about 2 years ago.. and one 2 months ago. I have a company vehicle that can be used as personal.. so I play around with side vehicles a lot.

The first vehicle, they weren't able to make it out to pick the vehicle up since they were busy. So they offered a $50 visa card and a uber back to bring the vehicle to them.. mind you.. I live an hour and a half away. Better offer than the dealer? and free money? Sold.

The second and most recent vehicle - A 2020 Mazda 3 Premium Hatch bought brand new off the truck last May. I actually sold it to Carvana for more than I paid for it brand new.. even with the huge first-year depreciation hit. I decided to spend the day in the area before I dropped the vehicle off.. Once again, they ubered me an hour and a half back.

Extra money to the Bronco fund.

warfieldnc

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mini Cooper S, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yeah we are about to be a one car household since we have our production date. Carvana quoted us a stupid amount of money for a 2016 Dodge Dart that was going to be traded in on the Bronco.

PowPow

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What else kills me on this is I got rid of my Saab in Sept in preparation for the Bronco. (back when they were still saying Spring delivery). With the pandemic, I haven't been using it, it was leaking oil, just had the driveway redone, etc... Figured f it, I'll just get rid of it.

Just looked online, it's selling for twice of what I sold it for in Sept. doh.

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Your brother could not afford the first vehical due what he owed in the end and to top it off he buys an even more expensive vehicle. Not a good manager of money. Let us know when he sales the Expedition. lol.
nah, he can afford it. He's just an idiot that makes $1k a day and doesn't mind rolling over negative equity.

Draykas

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL rubicon, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm planning to do that too! Sell private party. I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat and I paid $36k and plan to sell for $40k. Not a bad money maker haha. Heres what my rig looks like right now

Ranger.jpg
sweet ride mine is same color 2019 lariat

Sponsored

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have to imagine this is due to where some live. I put my 2017 SS sedan into Carvana and they returned $39.5k, I know I could do better given it’s a manual private party

Also tried my mothers 4Runner for shits and giggles, it’s a 2016, they offered $24.5k which is right in line with what I would normally expect for a 4Runner in normal times. I guess my area is just not as hot for vehicles.

Wizard1183

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Sierra/ 2010 Camaro 2SS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm planning to do that too! Sell private party. I have a 2019 Ranger Lariat and I paid $36k and plan to sell for $40k. Not a bad money maker haha. Heres what my rig looks like right now

Ranger.jpg
I’ll give you $20k for it. Stop dreaming about 40k. Lol

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow... this has me reconsidering keeping my existing DD to give to my kid who is just turning 14 at the end of the month. I guess if I sell it for a high premium, put it in something like a diverse mutual fund for a couple of years, he may come out with something much better and will get to pick what he wants. 🤔

Ryuk

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger, 2023 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On Monday we sold my wife's car via KBB. They offered us $4000 more than Carvana.
A local car dealership did the deal and the entire process from getting the quote on the webpage to driving to the dealer and selling it was about 2 total hours of time.
Crazy simple. Timing was freaking perfect and the car was just not being used since we both wfh about 90% of the time.
Sponsored