First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Sold my 2022.5 4DR WT 3.0 back to dealer two weeks ago with 8k miles for $5k more than I paid. It did have some Method Wheels and a lockable cargo box in the back though. Figure with registration fees and whatnot I ended losing about $3k (or paying $375 p/m to drive the shit out of a new bronco)
Sponsored

OP
OP
BurtMacklin

BurtMacklin

Outer Banks
First Name
AMS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BB 4 DR / 22 F150 / 23 OBX 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not all states have trade-in Tax Credit so research your state before assuming that.

Itā€™s just a math problem. See what the dealer will give, figure out tax credit, then weigh that against a private sale.

Iā€™ve always sold my vehicles privately; it is always a hassle dealing with scammers and tire kickersā€¦but the cash difference has been worth it.
NY does have the trade-in tax credit, and I have sold classics privately but never a newer car... I think I'll be dealing with a much different clientele. Guess I could always put it out there and see what happens. Thanks!

WheresMyCar

Badlands
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
CarMax gave me a higher price than Carvana for my Audi. Not trying to sell my Bronco. I ended up keeping both. Dealership offered me a laughable low offer for my Audi.
Yes, if you can swing it, trade it in at a good price and reduce your taxes on the new Bronco.
In LA they would only tax you the difference, after you apply the trade in.

PartsForBlue

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Two Door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
because of the demand it'll probably sell faster and with less hassle
There is no demand in the used market for this.

Why would anyone pay over or even near sticker for a used vehicle that they can get brand new anywhere?

5PC24

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You can count on your trade in value being lower in the future than it is today. Soft top Bronco's are easier and easier to find on dealer lots at MSRP. Unless you have Badlands or Wildtrak with Sasquatch/Lux/HardTop, they're not getting as much as they used to. For trade in, I wouldn't expect dealer to give any extra amount for the mods.

If you want to maximize value I'd get it listed privately now and try to sell it before prices drop more. With your new one not even built yet a dealer won't give any price estimate as things will change too much in two weeks, much less 2 months or more.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Diydner

Outer Banks
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I am in the process of figuring this all out myself as well. In fact, I am at a dealership as we speak getting a quote for mine.

I have an OBX w/Sas, lux, and leather. What I am noticing is that most of the big box dealerships (carmax/carvana) donā€™t even ask about the extra features. So I would get MUCH lower quotes from them since they think itā€™s just a base OBX.

may have to just sell it private party. Lets see

JPNC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 BMW 335i
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I sold my car to AutoNation. They paid me $8k while Carmax offered $5k.

Neigh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What I am noticing is that most of the big box dealerships (carmax/carvana) donā€™t even ask about the extra features.
Not sure what you're looking at, but both do let you select extra features when doing an online appraisal.
Sponsored