Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A lot of positive here amongst a sea of negativity from the forum regarding these tires.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really any different than the conversations here, it is exactly what most folks have been saying. A fine hybrid mud tire that does well off road in Texas conditions. No snow rating (and a couple reviews on TireRack claim they are garbage in the snow and ice on pavement, again expected). For a 50 State truck, Ford should offer an optional 3-peak rated tire for the Sasquatch package, be a lot of people who believed that dreck about the tire planning on getting the snow rating, however it is a mud/mud hybrid tire (and no, 'maximum traction' is a marketing guy term. Last year the exact same tires were called mud tires by Good Year, they just stopped calling them mud tires (still labeled 'M/T' for muds and 'A/T' for actual All-Terrain.) Those folks believing they will be good in Winter conditions will be cleaning their shorts an extra time or two and buying a second set of tires after experiencing some solid precipitation in my opinion.

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not really any different than the conversations here, it is exactly what most folks have been saying. A fine hybrid mud tire that does well off road in Texas conditions. No snow rating (and a couple reviews on TireRack claim they are garbage in the snow and ice on pavement, again expected). For a 50 State truck, Ford should offer an optional 3-peak rated tire for the Sasquatch package, be a lot of people who believed that dreck about the tire planning on getting the snow rating, however it is a mud/mud hybrid tire (and no, 'maximum traction' is a marketing guy term. Last year the exact same tires were called mud tires by Good Year, they just stopped calling them mud tires (still labeled 'M/T' for muds and 'A/T' for actual All-Terrain.) Those folks believing they will be good in Winter conditions will be cleaning their shorts an extra time or two and buying a second set of tires after experiencing some solid precipitation in my opinion.
What makes them so inferior in snow?

71to21-2DR

Base
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Frontier 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I think the are ugly!
And Gravel Grabbers.
Whether I go with aftermarket wheels or stick with the Sasquatch rims I’m changing tires first thing!

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What makes them so inferior in snow?
The actual rubber is harder than on all-season tires, and a lot harder than Summer only rubber (just a question of rubber and silica percentages), keeps them more resistant to puncturing, but the trade off is lack of flexing and grip on pavement which keeps them from generating as much heat in the tire and lowers the friction coefficient.

The second reason is there is less physical tread on the ground/pavement, more gaps in the tread as a percentage.

This is about on pavement use in snow and ice, off pavement might have some different results depending on what ground/rock is under it.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm curious about the new Goodyear Workforce line. The AT is triple snowflake rated.

• The Wrangler Workhorse HT: This tire features a long-wearing tread compound and is backed with a 60,000-mile treadwear limited warranty, providing long, dependable tread life and traction, the company says.
  • The Wrangler Workhorse AT: An all-terrain tire with a 50,000-mile treadwear limited warranty, the Workhorse AT delivers strong traction on and off road, enabling drivers to access remote job sites, Goodyear says.
  • The Wrangler Workhorse RT: Offering durable off-road performance with excellent traction, the Wrangler Workhorse RT is chip-chunk resistant and pinned for optional studs, the company says. Backed with a 40,000-mile treadwear limited warranty, the tire allows drivers to travel on highways, in cities or off road.
Ford Bronco Trailbuilt Off-road Goodyear Territory M/T Review Goodyear-Wrangler-Workhorse-Powerline

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The concern I have with this is that the majority of the test footage I've seen is in dry, rocky conditions out west. There appears to be very little on the much wetter, muddier terrain out east with the Bronco or these tires.

I'm gonna try them out before rushing to get something different, so we'll see how they do, but I am concerned that it seems like most testing was done on dry terrain.

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can you link those reviews from Tire Rack? I don't see any mentioning snow/ice performance for the M/T....
Sponsored