First Name
Travis Bates
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Contacted my dealer about getting the bronco wiring for trailer lights and brakes. Was a bit stunned when they told me. 786$. Does that seem reasonable or ridiculous??
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What exactly did you ask for and what exactly were they quoting?

jakej

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford thinks install is supposed to be $120. Most dealerships won't honor that since they say Ford massively underestimates the install cost.

Sounds like you dealership wants to charge you around $500 to install. It's a lot of work, but not that much.

Canoehead26

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Contacted my dealer about getting the bronco wiring for trailer lights and brakes. Was a bit stunned when they told me. 786$. Does that seem reasonable or ridiculous??
My factory install option here in Canada cost $700 CDN so should be about $500 USD. Maybe go from that price. It will be the wire routing that will take the time.

Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
When I bought our Wildtrak I needed a hitch installed ASAP. About $800 for reciever and 4 pin harness.

I know I could have done it myself for half of that but I didn't have the time.

I would have liked the 7 pin harness but it was out of stock at the time. In reality I'm not likely to ever need the 7 pin, uhaul doesn't use them AFAIK and my nether did my utility trailer.

Last edited:

Jmanly

Badlands
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quality Bumper in Phoenix quoted me $495 for Curt hitch plus 7 pin wiring. I use the Curt wireless controller.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sounds like a lot of money, but the dealer I work for is at $165/hour for labor. It adds up quick. I’m guessing a good tech could do a good job of installing the kit in 4 hours-ish. It’s a pretty involved job. It could be done quicker, but not real well.

HBTFD

Black Diamond
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

An aftermarket 4 pin will take 45-60 minutes to install. A hitch will be 10 minutes. A non dealer shop should be $100-150 labor plus $200 in parts.

Phil B

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That sounds about right to me, if you are trying to duplicate a factory installed tow setup, and the price includes the hitch. I was lucky to obtain the 7 pin wiring harness and only had to pay the labor price charged on the Ford accessories site. (Installed at a Lincoln dealer.) The invoice said 4 hours labor. I'm skeptical about how long it actually took, they had to keep it three days. The 7 pin harness runs all the way up under the drivers side fender and other places. So I could see why dealerships wouldn't honor the install price from the accessories site. The OEM hitch is about half the price you quoted if you can find one. There are lots of aftermarket hitches. Some appear to be exactly like the OEM version. There is a good thread about the 7 pin wiring harness here.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ed-contents-inside.17659/page-23#post-1962675
Sponsored