Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hi, New here and hoping someone can help me with an issue Im having with my dealer.

On March 16, I cancelled my reservation with the dealer since I had moved out of state and was unaware I could transfer the reservation to a new dealer near my new home.

The dealer acknowledged my cancellation request and told me they would send a check but also that I would continue to receive notifications from Ford and to ignore these.

The following day, I received an email direct from Ford that stating that my order had been received. (I believe that the dealer placed the order without my consent to increase their allocation)

Almost a month later, I still don't have a check and have been told "the check is in the mail" several times so I called the 800# posted in this thread and they told me they could not help and to reach back out the dealer and ask for the contact information for the regional manager to help escalate. I have not been successful in getting this yet, so reaching out here to see if anyone can help or offer suggestions.

The dealer is Fremont Ford in Fremont, CA

Thanks
You can do what @Inrustwetrust_ said about transfer to a new dealer (if Ford is still doing that), and that assumes you still want a Bronco.

If you want it over and done with, I'd go up the chain of command at the dealer and demand your refund. I would also file a claim with the BBB, you'd be surprised the results I've gotten that route over the years.

Lastly I would call Ford back and escalate things there as well. This is STILL a Ford problem. They need to fix it.
Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hi, New here and hoping someone can help me with an issue Im having with my dealer.

On March 16, I cancelled my reservation with the dealer since I had moved out of state and was unaware I could transfer the reservation to a new dealer near my new home.

The dealer acknowledged my cancellation request and told me they would send a check but also that I would continue to receive notifications from Ford and to ignore these.

The following day, I received an email direct from Ford that stating that my order had been received. (I believe that the dealer placed the order without my consent to increase their allocation)

Almost a month later, I still don't have a check and have been told "the check is in the mail" several times so I called the 800# posted in this thread and they told me they could not help and to reach back out the dealer and ask for the contact information for the regional manager to help escalate. I have not been successful in getting this yet, so reaching out here to see if anyone can help or offer suggestions.

The dealer is Fremont Ford in Fremont, CA

Thanks
@Gloff might be able to help

local to that dealer

StephensAutoCenter

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Everything Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If you want to transfer your res.

Call ford CRC line again. Tell them the dealer converted the order without consent and without a purchase & sales agreement and that you want to transfer your reservation

They should have you make a new reservation with a your preferred dealer and fix the timestamp.

I had the same headache with my original dealer and they had refused to cancel my reservation with them. Ford rep had me call the sales manager with her on the line and only then he remembered how to cancel an order.

I would be interested to know if this still works. Ford has stated that the time period for switching dealers has ended (March 19 if I recall was the deadline). And, they've also stated, once an order is placed, the only folks that can cancel an order is the dealership.

/john

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

@Gloff might be able to help

local to that dealer
Call Fremont and ask to speak with the Business office. Talk to the business manager or controller, see if they have actually processed a refund for you. If not, let them know the situation and I'm sure they can direct you to the right person.
Sponsored