Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2D Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Hey all,

Based on some thorough reading through the forums here, it seems that there is a lot of love out there for both the TrekTop and Sunrider from Bestop. I'm curious if anyone out there has any experience with both. I live up in Minnesota (garage parking) with my 2D Big Bend.

There is a company up here that offers seasonal roof swaps and summer hardtop storage at decent rates, so the difference in cost is about 2x with pro installation (Bestop Certified Techs). As a result, I'm not overly worried about the leakage issues that some have had with the Sunrider.

If anyone has any advice after long-term ownership, it would be much appreciated!

Thanks everyone.
Sponsored

fritobandito

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex/bronco ordered
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
So this could be user error on my part but as of right now my trektop does not open. I am going to mess with it this weekend based off tips from another post here with the same problem. The latch is stuck. Seems like it is too long idk but right now not a fan of the trektop.

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I put my 2dr trektop on and never looked back. It’s a four season top. You must’ve done something wrong on install. My hardtop is stored forever

montess85

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted the Trektop but until they offer it in tan I'm not going to buy one. For now I have the Black Twill SunRider and I absolutely love it. If its not raining its always open. SOOO much easier than removing and stowing the panels. I had to slightly modify it to fit better(you can see people doing this with the provided 5.5 millimeter spacer and replacing it with 2 one millimeter washers) , but other than that install took like 20 minutes. No leaks. Seals perfect. took it to a car wash straight away to test it out. FYI I also have a 2 door BIG BEND

PS.... I am in NY and have not had it through a winter yet. However since its not that big a deal to take off I might just swap the panels back on for the winter. I'm not sure that will be as easy with the full Trektop. If that's something you wanted to do that is. So maybe the Sunrider is better in that regard. Plus the panels are much easier to store than the whole hard top. I guess things to consider.

ILoveToDrive

Badlands
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Same exact scenario, but I've gone through the winter up in the Berkshires. I put the panels back on end of October. I just put the Sunrider back on...spring is officially here! Both swaps are so easy once you've done it 1 time. ANYONE that owns the hardtop needs to get the Sunrider. It completely changes the experience. Yes, it's a bit noisier than the panels, but hey...it's a truck! The convenience of being able to open and close it...even at a stoplight...is amazing.

montess85

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same exact scenario, but I've gone through the winter up in the Berkshires. I put the panels back on end of October. I just put the Sunrider back on...spring is officially here! Both swaps are so easy once you've done it 1 time. ANYONE that owns the hardtop needs to get the Sunrider. It completely changes the experience. Yes, it's a bit noisier than the panels, but hey...it's a truck! The convenience of being able to open and close it...even at a stoplight...is amazing.
I agree. It completely changes the vehicle for the better in my opinion. Opening and closing are so fast and convenient. Its awesome. I do a lot of highway driving and honestly the noise isn't that bad for me.
Sponsored