First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Zero seconds. Zero seconds is the right answer if I have the Air Conditioning on. Any interruption in my A/C is unacceptable.
I evaluated this aspect, and it doesn't quite get to interruption. It appears that when ASS is engaged, the fan continues to blow but the speed slows a bit. The compressor must be off, but the evaporator coil has stored cooling energy and the forced air still feels cool for a while.

JediMcMuffin

Badlands
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm coming up on two years of ownership. I don't even give a thought to whether this is on or off anymore though since the FPP/2.7 tune, that feature now is sticky and stays where I left it. If I'm feeling a bit conservative and the weather is nice and the windows are down I turn it on. It's nice to sit at stoplight with the engine off.

OP
OP
Snakk Attakk

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I'm coming up on two years of ownership. I don't even give a thought to whether this is on or off anymore though since the FPP/2.7 tune, that feature now is sticky and stays where I left it. If I'm feeling a bit conservative and the weather is nice and the windows are down I turn it on. It's nice to sit at stoplight with the engine off.
I was running on fumes for a bit last weekend and was pleased having it enabled.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Restart after stall by hitting the clutch is not part of A/SS. All newer Fords do this whether A/SS is on or disabled. It's a separate function.

(and by newer Fords, I guess I mean Bronco and Mustang, because that's all that's left)
So you are saying if I turn off the ASS and stall, it still restarts with the clutch?

Thanks, I will have to try that.

Sponsored

roadsterlife

Raptor
First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Miata, BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I really dislike auto stop start. Warm day - it turns off for 10 seconds then just turns back on. Super sensitive, turns off when you don’t need it like if you’re slowing down for someone turning in front of you or when your are parking but engine turns back on when you put in park. I’ve never liked it on any car except a manual vw in europe where it would turn off when you put it in nuetral then kick back on when you start pushing in the clutch

OP
OP
Snakk Attakk

Snakk Attakk

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I really dislike auto stop start. Warm day - it turns off for 10 seconds then just turns back on. Super sensitive, turns off when you don’t need it like if you’re slowing down for someone turning in front of you or when your are parking but engine turns back on when you put in park. I’ve never liked it on any car except a manual vw in europe where it would turn off when you put it in nuetral then kick back on when you start pushing in the clutch
I would agree that it's really not optimized to be operated by the driver. There's a defeat switch, but it's not on the wheel and oddly put in with the radio controls. Defeating is not really operating. I feel like the brake could do it, I've tried ever so lightly pressing the brake to stop, and ASS still fires off. So that's a missed opportunity.

Alanp970

Base
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4 Door Base Sasquatch Hardtop
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’ve found if I turn off my a/c before I stop (keep everything else the same just push the a/c button) it will allow mine to actually stay off long enough to make it worth it (maybe) but otherwise the system is completely obnoxious. It either shuts off when I don’t want it to or it restarts so quickly there was definitely no benefit. I turn the ignition off before putting it in park if I have the misfortune of forgetting to disable the ASS when I pull into a parking spot. My Gladiator did the exact same thing. This is government bureaucracy at its finest…..kinda like how I have to flush two times with 1 gallon now instead of once with 1.5 gallons like I used to

Phil Brown

Big Bend
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 F350, 1930 model A, 69 mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have zero beef with ASS but it's well implemented with the manual. The only mildest possible annoyance is when you expect it turn off at a stop and it doesn't.

It will run on 87, but you won't get the extra power. Mind you, it's not "recommended", but it's an option.

Another option is 12 gallons of 87 with 4-5 gallons of E-85, which won't get great mileage, but is cheap (91.5-92.3 octane). 4 gallons of E-85 and 12 gallons of 93 makes a ton of power.

I have done all the above and have 80k miles on my 2021 Bronco.
Have you run straight E85, or can you? It's not really a thing you find in the PNW but when I was in the midwest earlier this summer I found some for $2 and was really tempted but passed.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have zero beef with ASS but it's well implemented with the manual. The only mildest possible annoyance is when you expect it turn off at a stop and it doesn't.

Have you run straight E85, or can you? It's not really a thing you find in the PNW but when I was in the midwest earlier this summer I found some for $2 and was really tempted but passed.
I think that 100% E85 would exceed the fuel systems ability to compensate, so I didn't try it. However, I could be wrong, it could potentially have enough authority to compensate, but I doubt it.

Porthos06

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Has anyone noticed a significant reduction in gas mileage with the Auto Start Stop bypass?

ScLeCo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Charger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that 100% E85 would exceed the fuel systems ability to compensate, so I didn't try it. However, I could be wrong, it could potentially have enough authority to compensate, but I doubt it.
I'm up to e60 on the Ford Performance tune.
I'm slowly making my way to as high as I can go, e85 being the goal.
So far so good.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Has anyone noticed a significant reduction in gas mileage with the Auto Start Stop bypass?
I used Forscan to turn off ASS in my 2.3 MT and I'm getting at present 18.4 mpg on a 10 mile commute. Considering that fuel economy is subject to all manner of variables, ASS can't really be more than a rounding error in the overall scheme. I can see a 1-2 MPG swing from using BP (the worst) to Sunoco (the best in my area), winter grade vs summer grade fuel is another variable, so anyone who tries to tell you that ASS saves "X" amount of fuel is pulling numbers out of their ass.
If you like your ASS then keep it, but many do find it annoying and honestly aren't going to be convinced by those who do.

Gnomad

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base 2 dr, 7MT EG
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm up to e60 on the Ford Performance tune.
I'm slowly making my way to as high as I can go, e85 being the goal.
So far so good.
Brave man! I do know people who tune and make big power on E85. If you can the fuel flow you can make it go.
Sponsored