Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's on the Mustang page in the "future vehicles" section.
Sponsored

4Wheeler

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Taco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I deleted this post. Reason, to not spread false hopes/rumors.
Good thinking. Also I know what you mean, they switch between model year and calendar year pretty loosely it seems, maybe just to cause intentional confusion and hedge their bets against a delay. But I read the "in 2020" (emphasis on the "in") to be an undeniable nod to the year 2020, not model year. Besides, a 2020 model year would be coming pretty soon and we've sen zero, nada zilch in terms of prototypes.

Sponsored

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Good thinking. Also I know what you mean, they switch between model year and calendar year pretty loosely it seems, maybe just to cause intentional confusion and hedge their bets against a delay. But I read the "in 2020" (emphasis on the "in") to be an undeniable nod to the year 2020, not model year. Besides, a 2020 model year would be coming pretty soon and we've sen zero, nada zilch in terms of prototypes.
Likely not intentional. I don't think anyone sets out to disappoint their customer base. Schedules change. Sometimes by a wider margin than can be reasonably accounted for under an arbitrary form of time measurement. Plant a flag on the calendar, even a vague one that you specifically don't commit to, and people will be bitter if you don't reach it.

Absolutely correct on the last sentence - there would have been spy shots and at least some sort of public marketing visibility by now, even if veiled as "unofficial".

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was at the Cleveland Auto Show yesterday where Ford's section had a kiosk of Ford personnel there to answer questions. I did my best to find anyone who could answer anything on the Bronco. Unfortunately they didn't know anything or were all very tight lipped on it. I even held up the tarped clay model photo and asked if they could confirm or deny that this was the final shape. Some smiled and said they know nothing while others tried to convince me that no one there knew anything. One of the ladies there was nice enough to tell me that she has seen a prototype of sorts that she believes could be the final one. She told me to search "Bronco in Australia". Sadly I haven't been able to find anything other than that's where they are testing the T6 platform of the future Ranger. Maybe a Bronco mule will show up there eventually?

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was at the Cleveland Auto Show yesterday where Ford's section had a kiosk of Ford personnel there to answer questions. ... Unfortunately they didn't know anything or were all very tight lipped on it. ... Some smiled and said they know nothing while others tried to convince me that no one there knew anything. ...
I'd believe none of them knew anything. They might not even work for Ford.

Simmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All American
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'd believe none of them knew anything. They might not even work for Ford.
Exactly. The "representatives" at auto shows are often from 3rd party companies who are simply briefed on the bullet points of the models they're standing next to. They know nothing except what's already been published and announced by the company.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thank-U. 2021 is gonna be a long & hard wait!
I look at it as extra time to firm up my financial position to make the purchase! lol

I'm alright waiting. My other car will mostly be paid off at that point and my savings continue to grow in the mean time. When Ford is ready to sell, I will be ready to buy.

I want to say, many moons ago when the first concepts dropped here, there was mention that it would be a 2020/2021 model at that time. So I had set 2021 as my target date just to be on the safe side and allow for any set backs.
The news/ concept drawings did alter a major purchase I was about to make at that time though. A vehicle that desperately needed to be replaced was replaced by a used unit that was found for a bargain, instead of the top o' the line brand new one I was going to buy, literally just a few days away.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Exactly. The "representatives" at auto shows are often from 3rd party companies who are simply briefed on the bullet points of the models they're standing next to. They know nothing except what's already been published and announced by the company.
Correct. My neighbors daughter works at quite a few auto shows. And I'll tell you, while smart, this girl ain't a car person. :)

Jimmy

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fronty/ FiST/ Z
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was at the Cleveland Auto Show yesterday where Ford's section had a kiosk of Ford personnel there to answer questions. I did my best to find anyone who could answer anything on the Bronco. Unfortunately they didn't know anything or were all very tight lipped on it. I even held up the tarped clay model photo and asked if they could confirm or deny that this was the final shape. Some smiled and said they know nothing while others tried to convince me that no one there knew anything. One of the ladies there was nice enough to tell me that she has seen a prototype of sorts that she believes could be the final one. She told me to search "Bronco in Australia". Sadly I haven't been able to find anything other than that's where they are testing the T6 platform of the future Ranger. Maybe a Bronco mule will show up there eventually?
In years past, I attended the Cleveland Auto Show. They do in fact have Ford representatives there, some are workers from the local plants. I asked numerous questions about the 3.5 V-6 when it came out, and they seemed interested that I knew a bit and wanted to know more... Not just put fingerprints all over the Mustang GTs on display....

Alping3830

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150XLT 3.5EB
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
As far as a V6, can you confirm that there will infact be an ecoboost V6 and not just an N/A V6?

I like many others was drooling at the possiblity of a V8 but figured it wouldn't happen.

That being said, I won't buy one with anything smaller than the 2.7l ecoboost, and it would be great to know now if that is realistic or not, so that I can move on if it is not a possibility.

Last edited:

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As far as a V6, can you confirm that there will infact be an ecoboost V6 and not just an N/A V6?

I like many others was drooling at the possiblity of a V8 but figured it wouldn't happen.

That being said, I won't buy one with anything smaller than the 2.7l ecoboost, and it would be great to know now if that is realistic or not, so that I can move on if it is not a possibility.

I would be extremely surprised if an ecoboost engine wasn't offered. The question that remains for that feature is which displacement will it be -- and will we have any other options (or get railroaded like the Ranger)?

Personally I think the 3.0L V6 would be the best Ecoboost option for a variety of reasons, but Ford seems determined to drop the tiniest possible option with high levels of boost pressure into everything, so the 2.3L I4 that the Ranger uses now seems the most probable.
Sponsored