Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

all three countries are in this strike
Nope, the Canadian auto workers have a different union, but their contract is up too.
Sponsored

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You think an assembly line worker working 40 hours is making $136000??
The numbers being thrown out are disingenuous-they are including other benefits like health care into it, which AFAIK they are actually paying into their health care costs which is being deducted from their total pay.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems the UAW made their bed, and now they can lay in it.

I was surprised by that 1st Update on UAW (from Ford), that Ford offered them 5 weeks vacation and 17 holidays? Maybe those little bitches need to dump their president (whatever you call him) because he won't be hurting during this strike. All I can say is, 3 weeks vacation, 6 "main" holidays is what I got after 24 years at my current job. And you know what? I'm paid fairly for sure and am very content with where I'm at.. But I've also worked to get where I'm at, didn't rely on someone else to bargain for me. And I'm not Union. Maybe these guys need to rethink their standing.

Anyways, thanks for that link @flip, it was interesting.
Only 3 weeks of vacation after 24 years? You're getting robbed. Sounds like you could use a union.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It pisses me off when the union uses "bargaining" in their pressers and propaganda. Bargaining to me, is where two parties are voluntarily engaging in discussions to reach terms where both parties exchange something of value. What the UAW is engaged in now is what I would call economic extortion. You will give us what we ask for, we will cripple an entire sector of the economy and offer exactly nothing in return, is not a great look.

If the union said it would ensure better workforce by upholding strict attendance policies, work quality standards or something, it would at least appear both parties were coming to the table and offering something that has a perceived value. Yes, a workforce is extremely valuable but when you look at the length of the contracts compared to the long term planning and inability to guarantee future income to cover more expense, it's no wonder this whole thing has devolved into a

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My guess is they prioritized based on dealer inventories. Truck inventories are healthier and gives Ford more time to weather the storm.

Consider the Screen Writers and Actors guild strikes. They have been happening for five months now and it’s just now starting to truly impact the industry as they finally ran out of new material produced prior to the strike.
yeah, Dune 2 got delayed until next March and I am LIVID.

Sponsored

FloridaBroncoPipeDream

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Only 3 weeks of vacation after 24 years? You're getting robbed. Sounds like you could use a union.
To be fair, I have 3 weeks of vacation (I use it all by the way) on my first day as a employee of a fortune 100 company. After 10 years its 6 weeks. Not union, not a manager, regular grunt employee. You don't really need a union for that. Just hang up the phone in the interview if you don't like the compensation.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To be fair, I have 3 weeks of vacation (I use it all by the way) on my first day as a employee of a fortune 100 company. After 10 years its 6 weeks. Not union, not a manager, regular grunt employee. You don't really need a union for that. Just hang up the phone in the interview if you don't like the compensation.
I mean, that's fair. I've never been union and in various jobs I've had anywhere from 3 weeks (hiring in) to "unlimited" which included two weeks off at the end of the year for everyone (Christmas-New Years). Frankly I think everyone should get Christmas-New Years off and a month of vacation at a minimum, but i guess I'm just soft that way.

Dunning Kruger

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4D OBX 2.7L Bronco, 2015 Audi A7
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I loathe strikes, but I loathe hive-mind stupidity even more:

" While discussing the pay raises demanded by the UAW in negotiations and pay raises for CEOs, Farley said that they have offered pay raises and are open to big pay increases, but the 40% that the UAW is asking for is too much and would put the company out of business, and “There’s a fine line here that we won’t go past, which is, we want everyone to participate in our success. But if it prevents us from investing in this transition to EVs and in future products like the ones we have now like a new F-150, the best-selling vehicle in the U.S., then everyone’s job’s at risk if we don’t invest. So, there’s a line. The line isn’t for us to go bankrupt. The line is somewhere in the middle, and the only way to resolve that is to actually negotiate.”

Last Lightning I saw has an MSRP of about 105k but was going for 90k with "discounts and incentives." Invest in ICEs, continue to improve the ICE, and pull your money out of this loser technology that can only be propped up by the Government.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Guessing my Oct 2nd build date for my Heritage isnt gonna happen. Guess my dad isnt getting it for.his birthday.

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My question for union members is- are you seriously ok with the union protecting those workers who are consistently poor performers and/or are consistently late/out? You’re ok with Joe getting the same pay as you when he has very poor workmanship and a lousy attendance record and is lazy as hell while you are there everyday and work hard with pride in what you do? You’re ok with a new employee making the same as you with nowhere near the skills or experience as you who has worked in the plant for 10 years?

These are things I could NEVER stand for and why I question unions. Why would any one with a good work ethic and pride in what you do allow the union to take money from you to protect the lazy ass malcontents that every plant/job/business has?

Sponsored

Mojave Norte

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I loathe strikes, but I loathe hive-mind stupidity even more:

" While discussing the pay raises demanded by the UAW in negotiations and pay raises for CEOs, Farley said that they have offered pay raises and are open to big pay increases, but the 40% that the UAW is asking for is too much and would put the company out of business, and “There’s a fine line here that we won’t go past, which is, we want everyone to participate in our success. But if it prevents us from investing in this transition to EVs and in future products like the ones we have now like a new F-150, the best-selling vehicle in the U.S., then everyone’s job’s at risk if we don’t invest. So, there’s a line. The line isn’t for us to go bankrupt. The line is somewhere in the middle, and the only way to resolve that is to actually negotiate.”

Last Lightning I saw has an MSRP of about 105k but was going for 90k with "discounts and incentives." Invest in ICEs, continue to improve the ICE, and pull your money out of this loser technology that can only be propped up by the Government.
His lunatic EV agenda will bankrupt the company faster than UAW

KyTruckPlant

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang, 05 F150, 08 Expedition EL, 21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It pisses me off when the union uses "bargaining" in their pressers and propaganda. Bargaining to me, is where two parties are voluntarily engaging in discussions to reach terms where both parties exchange something of value. What the UAW is engaged in now is what I would call economic extortion. You will give us what we ask for, we will cripple an entire sector of the economy and offer exactly nothing in return, is not a great look.

If the union said it would ensure better workforce by upholding strict attendance policies, work quality standards or something, it would at least appear both parties were coming to the table and offering something that has a perceived value. Yes, a workforce is extremely valuable but when you look at the length of the contracts compared to the long term planning and inability to guarantee future income to cover more expense, it's no wonder this whole thing has devolved into a
This, and I'm a UAW represented worker.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My question for union members is- are you seriously ok with the union protecting those workers who are consistently poor performers and/or are consistently late/out? You’re ok with Joe getting the same pay as you when he has very poor workmanship and a lousy attendance record and is lazy as hell while you are there everyday and work hard with pride in what you do? You’re ok with a new employee making the same as you with nowhere near the skills or experience as you who has worked in the plant for 10 years?

These are things I could NEVER stand for and why I question unions. Why would any one with a good work ethic and pride in what you do allow the union to take money from you to protect the lazy ass malcontents that every plant/job/business has?
I really don't support either side, Union or Right to Work, both have pros/cons, but you can't blanket Union as covering lazy workers and promoting bad quality, yes, a bad worker will cause the issues but proper leadership and management trump a bad worker anytime!

Where I work we have a Union, I'm a Supervisor so I'm exempt but it's never stopped me from properly disciplining a worker for poor work. Now there are extra steps and these take out of my day but if I ignore it then I'm the lazy manager that condones lazy workers and the good workers ultimately either become lazy or leave.

Pull the UAW agreement and do some reading and see the steps/procedures, there's plenty on both sides to protect the company and the good workers as well as the methods to address lazy employees (but not lazy management).

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the UAW’s ploy is to strategically strike and make their funds last, maybe the big three should speed things up and shut all plants down. If this is going to severely interrupt their production then why not? Call the bluff and when the strike funds run out and people can’t make ends meet- bam- a deal gets made. 🤷‍♂️
I don't think it works that way, if the company locks them out, I think the workers then get unemployment benefits so it costs the UAW nothing.

One I'm wondering about is if they selectively strike to shut down plants without paying all, could that be a legal issue. For example if they strike Ohio engine with the intent of shutting down the F-150 plants (without using strike fund for F-150 plants), could Ford go after them for it as "Bad Faith", if the UAW can go after GM and Chrysler for not offering quick enough, I think this would be more likely bad faith than that, could Ford go after the UAW for it?
Sponsored