Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Big 3 made 250 billion dollars in profits in the past 10 years. Not million, billion with a B. It's ok for the CEOs to make 20 million dollars a year minimum and no one says a word. When the UAW workers ask for a few crumbs everyone loses their minds! The CEOs sit in their ivory towers and send out emails and travels all over. The workers are the ones building the vehicles and working 40-84 hours a week, wear and tear on their bodies. They are at work more then they are at home. They ask for a sliver of the pie 🥧 and they get roasted by people who have never worked in a shop. The UAW leadership asks for the moon because when all is said and done they might get just a few scraps that were dropped on the floor.
They also pour a large portion of those profits back into R&D. You know this whole green initiative to make EV’s isn’t a cheap process. I spent plenty of time working in a shop as an Aircraft sheet metal mechanic bucking rivets while I went to college to be a Mech Eng. This was also after I spent 8 years active during the Gulf War. Some how I managed to retire early all without the help of a Union. The people that worked hard got rewarded its that simple.

DryYourTears

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Defender, 51 Ford F1, motorcycles
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The people that worked hard got rewarded its that simple.
If only that were true.

Sure, hard work often pays off, but you always have to factor in luck. Ask a hard worker who is buried under a mountain of debt from some medical problem that could not have been avoided, and that they tried to plan for with insurance and long-term disability coverage and so on. Happens all the time.

nwardoh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The Big 3 made 250 billion dollars in profits in the past 10 years. Not million, billion with a B. It's ok for the CEOs to make 20 million dollars a year minimum and no one says a word. When the UAW workers ask for a few crumbs everyone loses their minds! The CEOs sit in their ivory towers and send out emails and travels all over. The workers are the ones building the vehicles and working 40-84 hours a week, wear and tear on their bodies. They are at work more then they are at home. They ask for a sliver of the pie 🥧 and they get roasted by people who have never worked in a shop. The UAW leadership asks for the moon because when all is said and done they might get just a few scraps that were dropped on the floor.
Ford CEO was paid 1.7million in salary last year plus his regular benefits. The rest were bonuses and stock options. Pay that either wouldn't have value or wouldn't have been given if the company performed poorly. You try to run a 160 billion dollar company and come back here and try to equate that to the guy putting a 30 degree bend in a pipe for exactly 8 hours a day and only 5 days a week asking for the moon and stars. This is factory work. It is no different than someone assembling electronics, making cheese, bottling beer, or making rubbermade totes. There is no skilled labor in these factories any more, those jobs are all done by robots now.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
ahh - so you know about the Wisconsin cheese curds then?
To me, they are beyond over rated. Most are just oily grease balls (fried). If you want "good" ones you need ones that squeak. But I am also not a fan of those.

I will take them however on fries with really good gravy.

Sponsored

USSCajun

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 BD, Sas, 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Likewise, mine has been back at the dealer over a month now getting the transmission and transfer case seals replaced. 760 miles, dealer service said both seals were installed incorrectly from the factory, quality can’t possibly get any worse than it is now.
Lemon law is 30 days out of service or three trips for same issue. Are you getting a loaner? All the people waiting weeks for parts, service appts. are you provided with alternative transportation?

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Holy F the classism talking points are strong with this one.

XCR440

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll be interested to see how the "stand up strike" pans out. It could be a great strategy or could end up dividing the members. For example, If this drags on a while will it make those at Wayne angry that they're living on $500 a week when the guys down the road are still making full pay? In the past we'd never really learn what happens (or know what offers are made), but this time everything seems to be much more public.

Also hearing that Chrysler is likely to be out a lot longer than the other two, talking to one of my reps and was told they're planning to close 18 plants in the US due to overcapacity.

nwardoh

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'll be interested to see how the "stand up strike" pans out. It could be a great strategy or could end up dividing the members. For example, If this drags on a while will it make those at Wayne angry that they're living on $500 a week when the guys down the road are still making full pay? In the past we'd never really learn what happens (or know what offers are made), but this time everything seems to be much more public.

Also hearing that Chrysler is likely to be out a lot longer than the other two, talking to one of my reps and was told they're planning to close 18 plants in the US due to overcapacity.
Sure glad we abandoned the wrangler order when the bronco came in. It's what we wanted in the first place but didn't want to wait 6+ months.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just saw a striking employee of MAP interviewed on TV. African-American female. Very bright and intelligent. She struck me as someone with a strong work ethic. Great representative for both Ford and the UAW. My Bronco is flawless, no doubt due to workers like her.

Sponsored

Rspayde

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C/O Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

To me, they are beyond over rated. Most are just oily grease balls (fried). If you want "good" ones you need ones that squeak. But I am also not a fan of those.

I will take them however on fries with really good gravy.
I had some habenero cheese curds that were hard to put down.

Not huge on the fried curds would prefer my fried cheese in the Mozzarella stick variety.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

There is no skilled labor in these factories any more, those jobs are all done by robots now.
You have this exactly backwards. The easy jobs are all automated now. The hard jobs, those that require judgment under tight time constraints, are the jobs still done by human beings.

Kos

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A divided labor force never works out well for the union side. I worked at GY tire right after the 2006 strike was held through the next round of labor negotiations. In the '06 strike, the company basically agreed to make all the concessions applicable to those hired after 2006. Lower pay, lower benefits, etc. We even called the new hires "$13/hr employees" off of their new base pay significantly less than the pre-2007 employees.

Next labor negotiation came around and the company went after a lot of the items the pre-2007 employees had protected. They didn't go after a thing the $13/hr people had, I think even gave them a raise. It was interesting in the break rooms. All the grandfathered employees were pleading with the $13/hr employees to "hold strong out of solidarity". One guy loudly got and proclaimed "You didn't hold strong for me, so you can go f@#K yourself!".

The resolve didn't hold and a contract was reached at the very last minute avoiding a strike.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I just saw a striking employee of MAP interviewed on TV. African-American female. Very bright and intelligent. She struck me as someone with a strong work ethic. Great representative for both Ford and the UAW. My Bronco is flawless, no doubt due to workers like her.
What does any of that have to do anything?

It is the same thing to say... "I saw an interview with a MAP employee. Their answers were concise and informative. They were a good face for the employees."

Last edited: