Sponsored

Unbelievable....the Wiper Update is ONLY if you're having problems!!

Frush182

First Edition
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 1500, 2021 Ford Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

What dealer did you take it too? I'm in the NW burbs so not to far from you. Last time I went for an oil change they asked me if I wanted it done and I told them maybe next time.

This is how my dealer went about it.
Lithia Ford in Boise, I've been happy with them. I just missed the shuttle when I dropped it off and they called me a Lyft (and paid for it) so I didn't have to wait, I didn't expect that.
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I got a text from our dealer that we had 2 open recalls and when could we come in. I texted back asking what they were and they responded the wipers and the windshield adhesion issue.

My wipers work fine and I really don’t want them messing with the windshield so I told them I’m not ready to get it done yet and they said ok, no problem.

OP
OP
Headsong

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, 'tis done now! Takes 20-30 min to get to the stupid module that he plugs in for 10 sec....and then 20-30 min to put it all back together. Was hoping I could talk him into opening Forscan to rid the double honk, but it's not a Forscan thing. :(

Sponsored

Regan

Wildtrak
First Name
Regan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murano and 08 chev Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just drove my Bronco on a 2,000 mile trip from Oregon to Arizona, to California then back to Oregon. During the heavy rains in all of these states (atmospheric river) wipers were on literally 8 hours at a time., at all speeds. Never had a single issue with the wipers. I am coming up on 2 years of ownership, and I am happy to say it has never been to the dealer for anything. I do my own oil changes, and all other minor problems I have been able to fix thanks to this forum. I guess I am in the minority that feels if it aint broke, don't fix it. The longer I can keep it from a dealer......

lapazleo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, 'tis done now! Takes 20-30 min to get to the stupid module that he plugs in for 10 sec....and then 20-30 min to put it all back together. Was hoping I could talk him into opening Forscan to rid the double honk, but it's not a Forscan thing. :(
You should look up the Superchips flash cal for bronco's takes care of the double honk and a bunch of other things including speedo recallibration for different size tires. Got mine direct from Superchips/Holley during Christmas for $179 well worth it.

Blue Hen

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Base
I took my 2022 in last week for wiper and camera recall. Also having trouble with headlamp switch. They ordered new switch as per SSM or TSB. During the updates I had them program the door glass to drop when hitting the unlock button on remote.

LarryZiegler

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally called local dealer (who sucks) and was told be service rep that it's a customer satisfaction program and ONLY if you're having problems can you get it done....I said, oh, so I wait until I'm in a downpour and they quit working....she didn't even chuckle. Just read off the paper, only if you're having problems. So I guess I'll be forced to lie next time I call.....Ford, YOU ARE STUPID.
On my last service visit, the wiper update was done even though I didn’t ask for it.

usarms

Big Bend
First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer did mine and I was having no problems.

Sponsored

james1414d

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yugo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I had the dealership come to my work to do the recall. Unfortunately, a couple weeks later I noticed my wipers reverting to intermittent. I guess they didn't do the recall properly, or the recall didn't fix the issue.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Called made an appointment, had a cup of coffee, looked at the new trucks and drove away. Easy. Your dealer is the problem.
My dealer can’t get the update to work, they wanted to keep it overnight. I need to schedule another appointment for them to try again.

RideClimbNJ

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I scheduled an oil change and my dealer asked me if I wanted to told do the wipers, seatbelt and back-up camera updates too so I scheduled them for the same time. No report of an issue required, I think your dealer has it wrong.
What are the updates to the Seatbelts and the Back Up Camera?

JT58Bronc

Base
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2021 Miata track Edition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have yet to do two recalls- back up camera and the wipers. No rush for me on either. I'll get them done when my Bronco has to go in for service for something I can't do or for warranty work. I'm not worried about the wipers- I rarely, if ever run the wipers on any vehicle full bore anyway.

Time goes by so fast. I have had my Bronco for 2 years already and only have 1 year warranty left. I only have 9500 miles on it so time rather than mileage will be the expiration of the warranty.

ColoradoKid26

Badlands
First Name
Naughty Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badsquatch, 2022 F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to look at my paperwork, but my new dealer says they did the wiper motor recall as well as the safety latch recall at the last oil change.
Not sure if I believe them, but we'll see. I never had any problems with it.
Sponsored