Balu
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Wonder how long before this becomes a constraint. Mid-january?
I think the whole reason for this bumper was that the modular bumper was harder to make/source so BD and Badlands trims were getting held up. This eases the demand for modular bumpers and might be easier to source or make
Sponsored

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

myrealname123

Badlands
First Name
Trent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford really doesn't want us sitting on our bumpers at all.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I definitely prefer the mod bumper. Very glad I made it into 2021 and didn't have to pay extra for it
But it is price-protected for MY '22 if it was standard trim for MY '21. My 2022 Black Diamond with the Modular bumper option is the same price as my original MY '21 BD. No harm no foul on FoMoCo's part.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Its not the worse thing I have ever seen, but I don't care for the large gap between the bumper and lower grille area....
I think a lot of big bugs would get stuck in that area.

Sponsored

SolidSnake

Base
First Name
Dante
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That's one ugly ass bumper

Bronco B

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco BD, 2017 Indian Chief Darkhorse
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well crap...there goes another $575 :(

alexpsu88

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon, c10, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only advantage I see are the Fog Lights are integrated into the dash controls rather than using an auxilliary switch for after market added fog lights.

Diode Dynamics

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
John C.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Diode Dynamics , it would be great if a dual pod setup would fit in the fog openings.
Thanks for the mention!

I've forwarded this mention/request to our engineering team.

I'm confident they're one step ahead of the game and have already begun researching brackets to the 2022 capable front bumper.

I'll happily post more information when it becomes available.

Thank you as always for your continued support for Diode Dynamics!

John C.
Diode Dynamics

Sponsored

Fade5G

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands, 23 Rivian R1T
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But it is price-protected for MY '22 if it was standard trim for MY '21. My 2022 Black Diamond with the Modular bumper option is the same price as my original MY '21 BD. No harm no foul on FoMoCo's part.
Have you seen this in writing anywhere? It has been mentioned a couple times in the forums but I haven’t seen anything stating that Ford isn’t going to charge for modular bumpers if you ordered a BL/BD.

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The nice thing about the capable bumeper is that it will push me more to get an aftermarket bumper vs the mod bumper. Plus all the prewiring for fogs. It's not that i dislike it either, I was just on the fence with the mod bumper, since it was fairly modulare to begin with. This one not so much.

The_Phew

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2.3L 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I like the look of the 'Capable Bumper'; it actually matches the grille/fenders/rear bumper on the higher trims. The 'HD Modular Bumper' looks aftermarket, but not in a good way, more like a '$99 Harbor Freight clearance' kind of way. Besides, paying an upcharge for any OEM bumper option just seems crazy to me, since the premium aftermarket will surely come up with some really awesome options, particularly aluminum options. IMHO, no part meant to be smashed up (bumpers, bash plates, sliders) should be made of steel; they just turn into rust magnets the first time you actually use them for their intended purpose. Aluminum is more impact-resistant for a given weight anyway.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep, plan on getting a winch capable bumper to replace it asap after it my Badlands arrives.

mdepll

Black Diamond
First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As @FourHorses and others said, it just looks to reminiscent of the standard wrangler bumper. The flared up wings on the ends are an ugly attempt and not interfering with wheel approach angle. The plastic covering makes it look cheap... Ok for a grill, not great for a bumper. The shape language and lines in the bumper are very blocky, rugged, generic styling you'd see on any other overdone American vehicle that targets an aggressive macho look. The bronco has a lot of contemporary design and materials but is very well balanced with the retro cues. It's rigid and industrial and has overall boxey footprint to its forms but a lot of the details have a nice curvature to them. Oval cutouts in the grill, circle headlights, curved grill silhouette, rounded body panels... It all relies on very simple geometric principles which is why it feels reminiscent of older styling. They didn't have nearly as complex manufacturing methods or CAD tools or anything. Shape language was more analog and felt hand crafted.

Anyway this bumper is like they copied jeep but added 40% dash of Halo Warthog and called it good. Steel bumper is way better.
isn't this steel as well?
Sponsored