Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What all this communication has done for me is solidified my final order. While I was being hopeful I can get my bronco delivered exactly how I wanted, I now realize that the more accessories I add, the longer the delay.

Go with my build as stock as possible, to get delivery as in line with my day 2 reservation order as possible (which is easy to do with Wildtrak becomes it comes stock with a lot). Then get accessories later
Thats the game plan.
PERIODT
That's why I'm going Base with a roof sound deadening headliner. Still figuring out whether to splurge for the 2.7 engine. As stock as possible.

35BroncoKT

Wildtrak
First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The rewards program for Canadians to? Why no accessories available in the Canadian build?

Velociraptor

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus RX450h, 2021 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least they are throwing us a small bone to try and keep us on board.

Sponsored

ATLColonial

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Legacy
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You can be condescending and throw our absurd examples all you want, but using the traditional allocation system is completely unnecessary when you have literally every customer ordering directly from the factory. Allocation just ensures that bigger dealers, who aren't willing to negotiate on price, still get a larger portion of the sales.

I'm generally of the camp that people on this site are super dramatic and unreasonable about some of the stuff Ford has said, and I totally understand and think it's reasonable that parts availability will impact when I get my car relative to someone else with a different configuration. This ain't that, though, and I find it remarkable that so many people are willing to carry water for Ford and the bigger dealers when they're actively working to cut down on price competition.

rjkmoto

Black Diamond
First Name
JK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Dodge Challenger Hemi 392 Scatpack Shaker, 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I truly wish I lived in whatever world you have lived in during 2020 where everything was "normal".

Then I could be super butt-hurt over any changes from a projection made 14 months prior to the vehicle even being finished from a design standpoint, let alone global manufacturing somehow (MAGIC!) being affected by global labor stoppages.

FWIW: Summer starts officially on June 20.
It’s simply a fact that nothing with their big Bronco has gone according to Ford’s own self determined deadlines. Butt hurt or not, they keep drawing lines in the sand they themselves can’t meet. And with the pandemic getting worse before it gets better I’d anticipate further delays coming.

JK

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one thing I've never been able to figure out even after reading through hundreds of posts on the topic.

What happens if my reservation is not early enough to be one of the "Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive"? What, I don't get the truck at all? Do I get put in some second tier queue that is mixed in with builds for dealer lots? Is there a second round of builds for reservation holders that missed out the first time? If so, is there then a second cutoff whereby only some of the remaining reservation holders get their builds based on that same or some different formula?

I haven't seen any recent confirmation that they [still] plan to build all the reservation holders vehicles before starting to fill dealer lots.

Furthermore, I'm not planning to order any late availability options or things that might delay my build, but what happens to those that do? Will those builds happen after the start filling dealer lots?
Of course you will get your Bronco... you just wont get it in MY21. They can't produce all reservations before the MY22 change over, so not everyone will get one in MY21... you'll get it in MY22.

OP
OP
Edelfin

Edelfin

Big Bend
First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If Bronco Sport is any indication, majority of “stock” units built and available will be BASE + BIG BEND in all the metallics (black, white, silver, etc)

Right now 80% of the Sports on lots near me are a mixture of those.

Sponsored

72BroncoSand

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72 Bronco, 77 f-150, Jetta Tdi, 1ton
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have already come to terms with the fact that I won't be getting my rig till mid 22 at this point, I'm more stoked that they put a number to the FordPass rewards offer at this point. $300 total towards accessories sounds good to me.
Enough for a pencil and a hat

broncoskip

Outer Banks
First Name
Broncoskip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford must have read the thread from last night after their video ?
They probably should have sent us the email instead of having that third party site post that interview.

"Insert rant about BN here" I cringe every time BN is chosen to be the "Source" for bronco info. That site has nothing to offer me, I can't figure out how it wound up tied to Ford so completely, and I have no idea why it has a Forum.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If Bronco Sport is any indication, majority of “stock” units built and available will be BASE + BIG BEND in all the metallics (black, white, silver, etc)

Right now 80% of the Sports on lots near me are a mixture of those.
I saw that perusing dealer inventory for the Sport very interesting. I did see some Carbon Gray and one Kodiak.

Broncoak

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 FSB
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Delivery date has not been known at time of order for any vehicle using the reservation process so far (Ranger).

Pro-Tip if this is going to be your first Ford order via it's current reservation process (ie: You didn't pre-order a Ranger): The date Ford gives you for delivery is a GUESTIMATE. It's not set in stone, it's not legally enforceable, and you should NOT make solid plans around an exact date.

Global resource allocation and manufacturing is not the same as your great Auntie promising a pumpkin pie on Thanksgiving day.
Can always count on Rick Astley for a detailed, blunt answer, with a little spice tossed in for good measure ;)
Sponsored