Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I mean, are the dealers going to sell less Ford cars in the future if Ford doesn't give them extra Broncos through this process? Are they going to shut down a profitable dealership out of spite? Seems like if they're already selling a bunch of Ford cars, they're likely to get a bunch of reservations and thus converted orders.

Believe It or not, I understand WHY Ford is catering to and favoring the big dealers, I just find it irritating that they've been repeatedly saying one thing and are now saying something else, especially when that something else is anti-competitive. I recognize that none of us are entitled to that, Ford's running a business, their customers are their dealers, yada yada, I also think it's kind of bullshit they're going back on what they've said the process will be in the past.
Ford has been after those small dealers all along. Nothing new going on. You've been here long enough to see when Ford went after that dealer and even made them take down a post that contained too much info about allocation. They and ultimately, their customers will end up being penalized.
Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Like it or not, any business will serve their larger customers first. They just have to, to survive. I require X units of variable builds for my business, but some much larger businesses also needs Y units, but Y is much larger than X.

The supplier cannot afford to lose a customer, who orders 10X the product I do. They work to meet my deadlines best they can, but I know, no matter how much I complain at times, that they must at least in some way, prioritize the larger customer.

Rick is also correct in that you do not want order items that are possible rarely ordered items, or items you can get later.

Base would seem safe, but as discussed, lower profit margin, makes it less desirable to make.

So those are all things we know, they are frustrating, but it is the world, and if we were in that position, we would do the same, or go out of business.

Lastly, Covid has crippled some industries, and outright halted some production, that could not be anticipated.

Bottom line, sucks to wait, but that's life. Weird theories that Ford doesn't want to sell us Bronco's, are obviously against their interests.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The more, the merrier. Gonna use the extra Ford reward points to help pay for the black modular top and pull out tailgate tray when they become available. :)

Last edited:

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

yes, and...
I guess the moderator can just take over anyone's post if they have the "same topic"
Yeah otherwise the forum would be flooded with redundant posts. It's happened to me before when I was asking questions about tunes. Somebody months before me already made a post about it and my thread was moved into theirs, and my question answered. Don't take it personal, it's a good thing for everybody that duplicate threads are combined

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I never said they would and our builds will get delivered over time as ell. Which is the point of my question. Over what period of time is the allocation method supposed to cover? For example, when Ford says a dealer will get 50% of their reservations based on the previously described criteria, is that calculated every week? Unlikely since the numbers would be too small. Every month? Possibly but I find it unlikely. Some longer arbitrary time, such has how long it take them to build all the non-delayed reservations before the Sept 18 cutoff? If so what would be the period for calculating the next "batch"?

If instead they do the calculation for the entire reservation period that makes things even more confusing. What if dealer A has mostly reservations from the first few days whereas dealer B has mostly late reservations. If each dealer gets the same 50% of their reservations over the period covers by the first "batch" then wouldn't some late reservation holders at dealer B get their build before some of the early reservation holders at dealer A? Or would dealer B not get any from the first batch since their reservation holders are all late?

There simply isn't enough clarity in how the system works to even roughly estimate what the rollout will look like. While I would like Ford to share more. I don't think even they know how it will eventually work. However at a minimum I would like them to restate their earlier, now removed, commitment that all (non-delayed_ reservations will get filled before any non-demo, dealer orders.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We had one part which had a TSB and thus a delay of over 3 months. It was the stick-on keypad for the remote access. (that TSB part now has a second TSB and is awaiting yet ANOTHER part number for it, I wouldn't add the remote keypad to my Bronco order sheet even if they paid me to take it!). The Ranger status was "Built" but "scheduling shipping" or something like that. The Scheduling shipping turned out to be 3 weeks months the car was sitting on some factory back lot waiting for content (keypad) as apparently they weren't shipping vehicles to delivery unless 100% of order-sheet content was on the vehicle (see DIA below).

If you took out that keypad delay, we had a total of 3 weeks further delays from the delivery estimate given when the VIN was created to the day we could actually buy the car from the dealership. Shipping had approximately 1 week delay while Ford did whatever they do to organize rail transit across country (this will be apples to apples with Bronco as they are made in the same plant, i'm assuming). Then 2 weeks that the car just sort of sat there waiting for build to start. The best I can guess (and I mean GUESS, there is no customer-facing info to get from Ford on this), was that we ordered the Super Cab (2-door with 6' bed) which was a verrrrrrrry low take-rate out of the reservations received, so i'm guessing that our VIN was in a batch of Super Cab's waiting for their run through the assembly line or parts specific to the Super Cab.

What I learned from that experience is that ordering an obscure build with obscure options or factory-installed accessories that you really don't want to risk a delay over, you leave those OFF your build sheet. Get them Dealer-installed whenever parts are available. Obviously Ford has stated they are doing the DIA program for Bronco, which is massive. That hasn't gotten enough attention by people on here. that is going to massively speed up deliveries instead of VIN's waiting on part content to start their build.

I plan on ordering a normal build without obscure or difficult combos that have low margins (base-squatch-manuals with color-matched roof, looking at you!) and rinky dink factory options which could potentially have low parts availability when it's something I can install myself or DIA later. After that, you're just rolling the dice and hoping they have the parts for your rig!
Appreciate the detail you've provided here.. this is exactly my plan after reading between the lines of Fords communications

Order my Bronco as stock as possible and get accessories later
(My black painted hard top requirement is going to make my plan worthless, but I'll let Ford tell me how "late" its availability is in May and then improvise, Adapt, and overcome)

Mentally, for me it means I get my Bronco 2021 and have all of 2022 to spec it out how I like. The Bronco is a long term project after all...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I never said they would and our builds will get delivered over time as ell. Which is the point of my question. Over what period of time is the allocation method supposed to cover? For example, when Ford says a dealer will get 50% of their reservations based on the previously described criteria, is that calculated every week? Unlikely since the numbers would be too small. Every month? Possibly but I find it unlikely. Some longer arbitrary time, such has how long it take them to build all the non-delayed reservations before the Sept 18 cutoff? If so what would be the period for calculating the next "batch"?

If instead they do the calculation for the entire reservation period that makes things even more confusing. What if dealer A has mostly reservations from the first few days whereas dealer B has mostly late reservations. If each dealer gets the same 50% of their reservations over the period covers by the first "batch" then wouldn't some late reservation holders at dealer B get their build before some of the early reservation holders at dealer A? Or would dealer B not get any from the first batch since their reservation holders are all late?

There simply isn't enough clarity in how the system works to even roughly estimate what the rollout will look like. While I would like Ford to share more. I don't think even they know how it will eventually work. However at a minimum I would like them to restate their earlier, now removed, commitment that all (non-delayed_ reservations will get filled before any non-demo, dealer orders.
That’s not what the memo describes.

It states total reservations converted to orders account for 50% of the formula, the other 50% being previous SUV sales and competing brand off road market (Jeep).

It would stand to reason that they calculate dealers allotments all at once, using the Sept cut off date for values, and each dealer gets their total. That allotment total is for their MY21 vehicles.

Obviously they can’t build all the Broncos at once, so it figures those vehicles will be delivered over the span of the MY21 production.

Anyone who doesn’t get their Bronco in that MY21 batch will be MY22. Ford has said they do not know yet how allotment will work for MY22, but I presume they aren’t so worried since they will have taken a bite out of total reservations and production will be at full capacity by then.

My point is that it’s useless to try to figure out how it will effect things because 1. We don’t know what the formula actually is and 2. We don’t know what the specific variables for any given dealer will be.

Last edited:

jsharpe

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.sharpe.com
Vehicle(s)
Prius
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone who doesn’t get their Bronco in that batch will by MY22. Ford has said they do not know yet how allotment will work for MY22, but I presume they aren’t so worried since they will have taken a bite out of total reservations and production will be at full capacity.

My point is that it’s useless to try to figure out how it will effect things because 1. We don’t know what the formula actually is and 2. We don’t know what the specific variables for any given dealer will be.
I totally agree and this lack of clarity is a bit frustrating. Since both my reservations are "late" I'm certain I'll be in the MY22 group. As you stated, we don't know how that MY22 allotment will work. So we don't actually know if our late reservations actually mean anything. It's possible I could go into a large dealer in say September of next year and place an order a Bronco and receive it before someone with an October reservation. I personally think it's unlikely that Ford would do that to us and I'm, perhaps unrealistically, hopeful that late reservations will have at least some marginal benefit which is why I'm holding on to mine.

GaryB2220

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is one thing I've never been able to figure out even after reading through hundreds of posts on the topic.

What happens if my reservation is not early enough to be one of the "Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive"? What, I don't get the truck at all? Do I get put in some second tier queue that is mixed in with builds for dealer lots? Is there a second round of builds for reservation holders that missed out the first time? If so, is there then a second cutoff whereby only some of the remaining reservation holders get their builds based on that same or some different formula?

I haven't seen any recent confirmation that they [still] plan to build all the reservation holders vehicles before starting to fill dealer lots.

Furthermore, I'm not planning to order any late availability options or things that might delay my build, but what happens to those that do? Will those builds happen after the start filling dealer lots?
The reservation is for a bronco, not specifically a 2021 bronco. Although when reservations first opened, the dialogue made it seem that way. Ford can't really commit to anything right now. I wouldn't put any skin in the game (non refundable deposit at time of order) unless you can wait 1-2 years to collect. Take peace of mind knowing that if your bronco does get pushed back, that more options will become available to you

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What I learned from that experience is that ordering an obscure build with obscure options or factory-installed accessories that you really don't want to risk a delay over, you leave those OFF your build sheet.
I tell my son the same thing at the fast food restaurant when he decides to customize his sandwich. We wind up waiting forever and in the end, half the time they get it wrong anyway.
Keep it simple, just give me the CG 4-Door OBX with a MIC top and a large side of fries please.

Sponsored

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Wait an undetermined time to give us 50k and we wil give you $300....whoa the marketing genius' are hard at work at Ford! I'm going to get two!

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I tell my son the same thing at the fast food restaurant when he decides to customize his sandwich. We wind up waiting forever and in the end, half the time they get it wrong anyway.
Keep it simple, just give me the CG 4-Door OBX with a MIC top and a large side of fries please.
oh shoot thats funny we used to make sandwich runs everyone wanted in started writing all the orders down,got to place looked at paper turkey tiny bit of mayo pepper jack cheese if they dont have that get provolone ect ect f#%k that ! Lady 3 turkeys 5 roast beef and 4 itialian thank you .
Sponsored