Sponsored

[Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogre

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 BD 2dr 7MT CG, '18 Indian Chieftain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Have you solved the riddle yet OP??

OP
OP
SevenFourteen

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
OK so last picture solved the puzzle for me. Ghost antenna on the trail sight tells me he’s got a GMRS radio wired to a fuse tap at location 36.
Incorrect! The radio is connected to B2 in the glove box, which I connected to the Aux 5 wire at the power distribution box. Never touched either fuse box for that install.

El Bronco Blanco

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer XLT, 2021 Mazda CX-9
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? 1684468512551

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still waiting
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s signs of congestive heart failure.
I don’t want to win anything, and I haven’t read to page 8 yet. My sister died from that when I was 10 years old. I’m doing pretty good for 50, but it’s creeping up on me myself. You’re not alone. (The dirt is work on vehicles)
Ford Bronco [Update SOLVED]: Fuse 36 tapped by... the factory? Spies? Jeep? Aliens? 1684468512551
Heart or lung issues can cause clubbing. CHF (Congestive Heart Failure)
That doesn’t totally look the part. I think OP is going to live. Damn well better till we get a conclusion to this story.
My Bronco arrived to dealers today. Bring it home next Friday. Better not have weird wiring or I am going to freak after 1.5 years of waiting.

subg

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
ChatGPT definately knows, but I refuse to register, so:

Super simple to trace it. Just pull the fuse/tap. Plug in an extension chord to the wall, and run the other end to the car. Put the tap into the extension chord and wait to see what starts smoking/melting in the car.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have the same thumb nail issue on both hands. Nail matrix or mantle is damaged due to psoriasis or eczema. According to my derm, the other nails usually have furrows but not all do. He said that steroid injections under the nail help some but usually isn't a cure and painful. Not sure if that's the OPs issue but it's truly amazing to see some of the fetishes people have.

Sponsored

OMTBiker

Outer Banks
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Tremor AMB | 2022 OBX SAS HPR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

If the Bronco in their profile pick is their actual Bronco, it was bought a Ricart Ford just outside Columbus Ohio, the dealer owner owns a customizing show called Rabid Customs that performs modifications as requested. If they did the work, definitely one place to stay away from.

DefNotBuddyLee

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang / Jeep / F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That’s signs of congestive heart failure.
I don’t want to win anything, and I haven’t read to page 8 yet. My sister died from that when I was 10 years old. I’m doing pretty good for 50, but it’s creeping up on me myself. You’re not alone. (The dirt is work on vehicles)
Is this the part where OP discovers the reason but dies before telling us or just RR Martins us that the answer is coming and drags out?
Bonus points to OP if we can pivot to more of a novela style for the story.

OP
OP
SevenFourteen

SevenFourteen

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS EG
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I went to hardwire a dash cam (with the help of many of you good people here) and saw... that fuse 36 had already been tapped. I was not expecting that, because I sure didn't put anything there. I searched here, but didn't find any info on what this is or where it came from. Does anyone know what this is? Also... three ground wires?? MY22 4DR OBX SAS with Lux. And, yes, I am the only owner. Thanks!

UPDATE: Solved.

Ok, remember very early on, when I made the disclaimer that this could all very likely be the result of me having a true dumbass moment? Well, rejoice trolls; that prophecy has been fulfilled.

This is powering the Katzkin heated and cooled seats (the one thing not installed by Rabid btw).

Why did this not occur to me? Probably because I had these done as part of my original mods when I took delivery in December, I haven't used the heat in months, and I certainly haven't used the A/C yet at all. Worth the investment? Time will tell. But you know the saying, once you go cooled back...

How did I figure it out? I got home after Mrs. Thumbnails had gone to bed, forgot that she would let the house get to 80 degrees without my intervention, woke up in the middle of the night and was like, "goddammit it's hot. I'm turning on the A/C. Even my back is hot--D'OHMYGOD!"

Did some 4 a.m. Youtubing, went out the truck this morning, pulled the fuse, and sure enough. Definitely going to tidy up and heat shrink that nest, though.

I am sorry that I set this great community up for failure. Still, I had fun. Hope you did, too.

Welp, I guess that's a wrap. Until next time, sports fans!

Now, where to tap for ACC power for the dash cam....

IMG_0834.jpg

IMG_0987.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.