Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

Well, shit happens and we just gotta move on!!!!!

P.S. don't beat me up to bad this is my first doors off vehicle.......
Ouch... I always fear this in the jeep.. Also when u get the new door..just don't even worry about bolting them down. It's a hinge mechanism once the door shuts the bolts serve no purpose. All four doors on my jeep the bolts are off and nothing happened.
Sponsored

shieldsy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No reason to hold back now. Might as well send it!!

Krimzun

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JEEP/JEEP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In the Jeep circles this would be considered your first badge of honor. An off road vehicle is meant to have some dings, don’t sweat the small stuff you will get more.

ReimundKrohn

Big Bend
First Name
Reimund
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rav-4, 2005 F-150 Lariat, 2005 PT GT Conv
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So this morning I decided to reinstall my doors for the first time since I took him off over a week ago I've absolutely love the doors off experience can't say enough for it but I want to put them on cuz she needs a bath cuz I took it out in the mud yesterday well suffice it to say the first one did not go so well I was having trouble lining up with the top hinge when I finally got it I let my hand off of the door to grab the bolt and apparently it wasn't seated all the way and fell off after looking at the top hinge the way it mounts there is a four-sided square that has two recess onto I guess I was just sitting on the top of it and just catching so a word to the wise don't take your hand off your door until you put a bolt in preferably the top bolt

20210725_100615.jpg

I was able to take vise grips and a towel and bend it back so the door closes fine and everything seals and actually it's not that noticeable yeah right

20210725_101348.jpg

My biggest concern now is that the crimp on the edge is broken open so it's just rust waiting to happen and considering how everything's made today are they going to be able to fix it or do I have to get a whole new damn door skin
20210725_102905.jpg

Is the door skin not aluminum? There would be no rust issue in that case.

Sponsored

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Brave of you to share and thanks for sharing. Man...sorry to not just read but see the damn-age.

Good luck with a repair if/when you get it repaired. I dont think I will take off my doors until I get some kind of jig/jack to assist with removal and store.

BroncoDude

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F-150 3.5EB, 2021 2DR Base 2.7L Auto
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sorry you had that happen. I would be bummed out but the good news is a body shop can fix it. Won't be cheap but better than smashing up the rest of the doors to match 😄

BuckingBronco72

First Edition
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Ouch. Sorry. I’m sure there are others that have done it but thank you for sharing. I’m sure even now knowing this can happen I will be a little too relaxed one day or pressed for time and make the same mistake but hopefully your post saves some people the pain.

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ouch... I always fear this in the jeep.. Also when u get the new door..just don't even worry about bolting them down. It's a hinge mechanism once the door shuts the bolts serve no purpose. All four doors on my jeep the bolts are off and nothing happened.
The Bronco hinge design is different than the Jeep, and I think you'd want to have the locking bolts installed. My CJ/TJ though have simple hinges with long pins, drop the door onto the hinges and you're good to go.

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes good to know. Thanks for being the first and as already said…you won’t be the last.

Maybe the door bags stay on a bit for me till I get them fully attached.

Sponsored

JimiVegas

Base
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade, Nissan Altima
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ouch, its ok, first of many battles cars. It gives it character.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It happens. Carrying a door I scratched the wife’s JK door with my knife clipped on my front pocket. Also, every Jeep that has that dent in the side cowling from the mirror on the door, I laugh because I know what they did… because I did it.
You won’t feel so bad when you notice other Broncos with the same dent. Besides if it’s common enough, they will make a plastic door corner cover. Or maybe consider starting a Club!
Some nice rubber corner protectors is a great idea. I could see aftermarket coming up with something pretty robust. Maybe have a light duty bungee cord connected that you can pull over the opposite corner to hold it snug while carrying the door and storing it.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

20210725_100615.jpg

20210725_101348.jpg

20210725_102905.jpg

I’d Be sick to my stomach if my new bronco was ruined like that how the hell are you going to get that fixed it’s on a seam a bad spot will you need to get a new door that could be a fortune

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thank you for sharing your misfortune. It sucks. No way to sugar coat it, but hopefully others can learn from it. I expect more dents from dropped doors on the 2-dr as they will be closer to 80 lbs each. There is a reason why we haven't seen Ford, BN, or others demoing the doors off on a 2-dr. Sean from OBL is probably the only one physically capable out of those who have demonstrated it so far.

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

you were just too excited about your new bronco experience is all, now you know what to do next time.
Sponsored