First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I see the 2024 mustang is getting an updated 2.3 engine with port and direct injection.

Will the 2024 Bronco receive this update too or just the same 2.3 as before?
Really hope not. That would be the kiss of death.
Unless they gave us the 5.0/Manual as an option.

For whatever reason, Ford won't pair a stick shift with the new 2.3. Going forward, if you want a Stick in the 'Stang you need to pony up (heh) for the GT.
Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For whatever reason, Ford won't pair a stick shift with the new 2.3. Going forward, if you want a Stick in the 'Stang you need to pony up (heh) for the GT.
Because manual 2.3 mustangs were rarely sold.

mjcutri

Heritage
First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco HE
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Really hope not. That would be the kiss of death.
Unless they gave us the 5.0/Manual as an option.

I wish they would have brought that mentality to the Bronco too and paired the MT with the V6 instead of relegating it to the 2.3 only. Probably would have sold more that way.

OP
OP
McLovin80

McLovin80

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 M240i, 95 Prelude
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At least Ford decided to keep going with the manual. It won't be long until manuals are completely gone with all of this EV BS.

I'll take whatever engine I can get it with.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wish they would have brought that mentality to the Bronco too and paired the MT with the V6 instead of relegating it to the 2.3 only. Probably would have sold more that way.
It won't mate up. The 2.7 was designed for the F-150, which no longer has a stick. So, to save money, the bell housing is part of the engine housing.

But the manual mates up to the 5.0 just fine.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Because dealers didn't order them.
Yep dealers or customers.

It won't mate up. The 2.7 was designed for the F-150, which no longer has a stick. So, to save money, the bell housing is part of the engine housing.
It could’ve if they wanted it to.
The MT-88 in the bronco could’ve just as easily had a different case made for the 2.7
Transmission bell housings are not part of the engine on any Ford setup.

For example, the 10R80 in the F150 has a completely different transmission case between the 2.7, 3.5 and 5.0 all because of the bell housing differences.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

the american market highly discourages ordering a vehicle (unless it's a MINI or a preMY24 Bronco
Alright I'll need an explanation.... cause I've never understood this one.

I've ordered every single vehicle I've ever owned except one—to be honest I actually thought most people did that until this Bronco launch. Vehicles are the second largest purchase most people will make, so why settle for anything less than what you truly want?? Feels like there is every incentive in the world to order, so... I'm struggling a bit to understand the discouraging part.

I could get it on a used vehicle, but on a new vehicle?? Does not compute in my head. 🤷‍♂️

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ordered every single vehicle I've ever owned except one—to be honest I actually thought most people did that until this Bronco launch. Vehicles are the second largest purchase most people will make, so why settle for anything less than what you truly want?? Feels like there is every incentive in the world to order, so... I'm struggling a bit to understand the discouraging part.

I could get it on a used vehicle, but on a new vehicle?? Does not compute in my head. 🤷‍♂️
I agree with your comments on ordering a vehicle exactly as you want it. With my previous vehicle, a Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, I bought it new. I was going to order one, but I am an extremely impatient person, and opted for one to be brought into my local dealership from out of town that was 98% what I was looking for. That 2% always bothered me though - Any new vehicle I've purchased has been off the lot, and I've had to give up on some features I wanted just so my impatient self wouldn't have to wait.

Then I factory ordered a Bronco and almost lost my sh*t waiting more than a day for it :ROFLMAO: It did teach me patience... kinda. And at least I got the vehicle I truly wanted...Well, until the mods started - But I just call that "creativity" 😁

Used vehicles I've purchased are a different story - Need to shop around locally for something that fits your needs and wants. It can be difficult to find a used vehicle that you would have ordered from the factory with all the features you're after. But with some patience, and depending on the vehicle, you may find exactly what you're after.

Sponsored

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Agreed. I would never consider buying new if it wasn’t the exact options I wanted. Especially an option as important as auto vs manual. But I understand not everyone shares that opinion I guess

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've ordered every single vehicle I've ever owned except one—to be honest I actually thought most people did that until this Bronco launch. Vehicles are the
i've ordered my last four vehicles (R53 Mini (MT), Subaru Forester in green and 6MT, VW golf R (MT) , and a Bronco (MT)).

my friends and neighbors, they go from dealer to dealer and find the one with closest match to their subset of desires and typically get 60 to 75% of their wishlist (in black, grey, silver or white)

with a lot of pressure from the sales staff to 'BUY IT NOW!" off the lot

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ever since I was a teen, I always thought ordering a new vehicle was the goal, picking color and drive train components (when there were more choices) and etc. It didn't always happened in my youth, a killer deal on a new/old stock VW Corrado for example was just too good to pass up.

But 20 years ago, I stared buying off lease, low mileage, CPO cars & trucks I found that to be the sweet spot for deprecation and near new with an extend warranty, my last one, a Tacoma, I owned for 10 years. But a vehicle like the Bronco screams order me, there are so many options. Ford wanted to copy Tesla with the reservations/order model, the dealerships just got in their way.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i've ordered my last four vehicles (R53 Mini (MT), Subaru Forester in green and 6MT, VW golf R (MT) , and a Bronco (MT)).

my friends and neighbors, they go from dealer to dealer and find the one with closest match to their subset of desires and typically get 60 to 75% of their wishlist (in black, grey, silver or white)

with a lot of pressure from the sales staff to 'BUY IT NOW!" off the lot
I guess I can understand that.

I totally get it if you are shopping for a used vehicle. Pricing can be hyper competitive on used vehicles, and at some point beggars can't be choosers. But when I'm buying new and am looking at writing a check for over $20,000 (or... I guess more like $40,000 these days) the dealership pressures really have no impact on me.

---

On a totally different topic whoever is responsible for this fricken' Honda CR-V ad that pops up and blocks 95% of the screen on Bronco6G can go suck a beehive. I don't block ads on websites that I enjoy so bills can be paid, but this ad alone is going to get me to change my tune.

Ford Bronco Updated 2.3L coming? 1693064036466

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no way they are going to do a big expensive new generation after only 5 years, especially with how well this is selling. I think we'll be lucky to get the mid-generation refresh. Square fenders, updated motor all seem likely, maybe a few other low-cost surprises entice us holdouts? (Not that it's needed)
So..... G6.5 it is....
Sponsored