Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe check to the bronco5g forums for 2.3 engine information...just a suggestion. I've been hanging out there the last few days...starting to really take interest in a Supercab set up for truck camping/light overloading. Practicality is pushing me that way...more capacity and more towing.......BUT not nearly as F IN badass as a Bronco!
Ranger5g*
Sponsored

mustangfamily03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The 2.3 is good. Let’s not make something out of nothing. The engine you get should be based on the purpose in which you intend to use it.

Medic2586

Big Bend
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
well, the 2.3 has been around for a very long time in one form or another. Pinto's initially, then rangers, and a turbo version was in the mustang svt (turbo 2.3) at one time. now the mustangs have them, the rangers and the bronco..... i think it has always been pretty reliable unless technology has caught up to it and screwed it like so many other things... i would like to have seen a 302 in the bronco myself but at 61, the four banger with more hp than my 5.4 or my old 82 f100 with the 5.0 gt40 will suffice and keep a smile on my face for now......just my opinion

heck, i had a couple of friends from england that i went to school with who absolutely loved their Pinto' with the 2.3--- they banged the heck out of those things at the dragstrip with no problems other than the occasional clutch failures
Sponsored

Last edited: