Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Which means 5 more years before Doug starts trying to send us to bronco7g.com
That is presuming he wants the current community. Watching the current circus here at B6G, Doug might opt to lock the door behind him and start new.

Willub

Badlands
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With the current DI, no fuel (Tier 3 or additives) will wash off the build-up that the PCV can introduce into the airstream, which tend to adhere to the upstream side of the intake valve.

This isn't the cast with PI, as it will introduce fuel to the upstream side of the intake valve and by doing so, helps to clean the upstream side of the intake valve.
Right. I was hoping the sales rep for Chevron I quoted would respond as itā€™s just false information.

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Alright I'll need an explanation.... cause I've never understood this one.

I've ordered every single vehicle I've ever owned except oneā€”to be honest I actually thought most people did that until this Bronco launch. Vehicles are the second largest purchase most people will make, so why settle for anything less than what you truly want?? Feels like there is every incentive in the world to order, so... I'm struggling a bit to understand the discouraging part.

I could get it on a used vehicle, but on a new vehicle?? Does not compute in my head. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Honestly this is my first new American vehicle, anything else I typically scoured looking for a dealer that had exactly what I wanted so I don't know if I could have ordered it or not. Only other new vehicle I ordered was a BMW when I was stationed in Germany and got it just how I wanted!

Sponsored

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Alright I'll need an explanation.... cause I've never understood this one.

I've ordered every single vehicle I've ever owned except oneā€”to be honest I actually thought most people did that until this Bronco launch. Vehicles are the second largest purchase most people will make, so why settle for anything less than what you truly want?? Feels like there is every incentive in the world to order, so... I'm struggling a bit to understand the discouraging part.

I could get it on a used vehicle, but on a new vehicle?? Does not compute in my head. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
I ordered 5 broncos
Not one with a manual

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The "BIG" advantage w/the port/direct injection combo is due to the problem w/the carbon buildup on the valves w/the present direct injection system.
The valves don't get washed off w/direct injection, as they do w/the port injection.
So it's a combination of the best of both worlds.
Toyota has been using this combo for a while now.

The best way presently to keep the valves free of the carbon w/the present direct injection system, as best you can that is, is to:
1. Use a good detergent Tier 3 Fuel like Chevron w/its Techron.
2. Perhaps the most important thing, not to do shorties around town, especially in the winter, which don't allow for the engine to get up to full operating temperature. Take her on the highway in order to get her up to the full operating temperature.
Add some Techron additive to the fuel tank once a month.
Iā€™m quoting this again because I just got a check engine light for catalytic converter. 30k. Lots of 1-5 mile drives lately.

Just picked up a bottle of Techron at NAPA.

Iā€™ll keep THIS THREAD updated while I figure this out.

Tricky Mike

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That is presuming he wants the current community. Watching the current circus here at B6G, Doug might opt to lock the door behind him and start new.
He's not a Bronco guy, he admins multiple forums and only follows the money.

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It has been a while, so..... any news about when FoMoCo will start putting the updated 2.3L in the Bronco's?

The Pope

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 F250/2007 Mercury Mariner/2014 Infiniti Q60x/2011 Kawasaki C14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bump to the top.....

Any updates??????

Dialtone

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend Mid
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This circus has a lot less angry monkey's than any car forum I've ever been a part of.
Sponsored