Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I wonder if the problem is just the rear\cargo area and not the roof panels? That's kind of what I'm seeing, especially the area around the side windows. It seems here on the sides the roof tapers down and around those windows. Just speculation on my part.
Sponsored

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Very bad idea. If it's a de-lam issue the money you spend for painting will be wasted. Good chance Ford won't warranty it since it technically was modified.
I had the plan to paint to match for a while now, I'll rock the MIC for awhile and see what it does, if (a big if) it looks and functions great within a year of delivery I'll go ahead and do it. I fully understand once it's modified I own it 100% and am willing to accept that risk.

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Reiterating a ridiculous point doesn't mean it is smart or correct. If you think no planning went into the Bronco, then you are willfully ignoring facts.

There seem to be quality issues with the tops. These quality issues have held up production. Some appear to have skipped through, which is a problem.

So far, there are 23 pages worth of people hand wringing about shit we already know, and Ford already knows. The echo chamber is getting really loud.

So, folks shouldn't ignore the problems, but damn...step back from the ledge y'all.
So, we'll get a replacement hard top in a year or two. So what? I'll enjoy it in the mean time!

Sponsored

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DAMN! On a 60k vehicle! That’s effing unacceptable! What a cluster this has turned into!
the bigger question is why even go forward with the mic top at this point if they can’t make it with out issues. Why not just start the tooling for the modular tops and offer that to evryone free of charge for there fuck up

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

the bigger question is why even go forward with the mic top at this point if they can’t make it with out issues. Why not just start the tooling for the modular tops and offer that to evryone free of charge for there fuck up
Agreed

Sponsored

GreyBronco

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Element. 2 Civics and a Kawasaki ZRX1200R
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

That almost looks like bubble wrap pattern. Its slightly crinkled in some places. Wonder if they packed it right after making the top.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
you aren’t answering the question: What evidence is there that structure has been compromised?? Textured Plastic is porous. Pores collect wax. Wax build up is visible. All those things are known. What you are ASSUMING is that what you are seeing is “damage”.
If this is the case then why isn’t the rest of the top collecting wax in the pores?

Funkdoobiest

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Basesquanch First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I wonder if the problem is just the rear\cargo area and not the roof panels? That's kind of what I'm seeing, especially the area around the side windows. It seems here on the sides the roof tapers down and around those windows. Just speculation on my part.
The top looks like it was trimmed with a jab saw.
Sponsored