Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah because this looks stellar. Imagine having a car for as long as this customer has and these lines, gaps, inconsistencies were your purchase. It’s not 1990. Manufacturing is better then this. Especially for 2021 prices.
I didn’t say the roof was perfect. I just pointed out that your call out of a “bad line” was the intentional indentation for the roof rack. The roof isn’t perfect for sure. But OP’s wax job probably caused the honeycomb, and I wouldn’t notice the panel edge finish issue if I wasn’t looking for it. If the panel layers start separating, that’s a warranty issue. If I got my bronco with that roof, I wouldn’t wax it and I’d be a happy camper.

Sponsored

rdass623

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma TRD Off Road, Fiat 124 Abarth
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

[/QUOT
my bad 2023, glad you caught that. someone might have stroked out thinking someone might get a modular top before them... great catch!!!! (sarcasm font)

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If they can't produce why would Ford want to buy them?

Best to find someone who can do the job properly.
Ford may not need to buy Webasto SE USA? If the loss of revenue and breach of contract damages keep piling up? The damages may amount to Ford at least assume controlling interest? Then Ford can make the necessary changes to put out a quality product without having to start from scratch with another supplier. Of course we don't know the details of Ford's contract with Webasto. I.E. Required number of units delivered, deadlines, etc. It shouldn't be too difficult to turn these problems around and start cranking out quality MIC tops. It ain't Rocket Science! 😎

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
ME.
WANT.
HONEYCOMB!!!

Thread winner

Not blaming the OP here because I’m not sure applying whatever specific wax this is to the top SHOULD have any undesirable side effects, but I do suspect this has something to do with whatever was applied to the top. I’m not sure I would personally wax non-gloss/clearcoated surfaces, but I also wouldn’t expect this to be the result if I did.

I guess this is why they tell you to try such things out in an inconspicuous place and see what happens before continuing

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

problem is, I'm not a fan of the rear windows on the soft top. Every pic I see of them looks like this.
soft top.jpg

What are you guys seeing in the one's you've taken ownership of?
All the ones with soft tops at the Chicago Auto Show had it too.

Sponsored

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well Dett, I'm just kidding here but if your top honeycombs or snakeskins over the whole thing you will have one very Unique Bronco 😉 all kidding aside, calling your dealership up is the right thing to do, good luck hope it turns out well for you, God knows we deserve better then this 😎

Last edited:

CZYHORSVA

Black Diamond
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Report it to the dealer asap. My JL hard top is on it's 2nd Vegas summer - outside all day almost every day without any fade or issues. You should not expect any less from yours.
Bummer to see that on your new ride.
I feel you on that, but Jeep has had someone making hard tops for years now. This is a brand new product on a brand new vehicle. We are going to see issues the first year or two.

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I applied the wax almost exactly 24 hours ago. Didn't notice anything this morning. Went to get pick up the kid and get groceries. Were out maybe 3 hours total. I just noticed when we returned and unpacked.
Did not see this while you were applying the wax? Does it appear only under certain light conditions (as an example; not in the sun but yes under flourescent).
To add; I know the top is not painted but I do know I have been advised to never wax a brand new vehicle...let the paint cure! I would also check the OWNER'S MANUAL to ascertain what products you can use on the MIC roof and what you are supposed to avoid.

RG7

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
B8 A4, 2018 Triumph Street Triple R
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Honeycomb showing through could be due to the spray wax, but that doesn’t excuse the fact that the seams still look like dogshit. Why aren’t they coated?

You can see the layers for God’s sake. What happens when it takes up with water?

Tried to support Ford a little bit, and accepted the reasoning of delays for making sure the quality of the tops is there. I was completely cool with that. But then they still shit out a barely put together top like that? Nevermind the honeycombing. The seams look like someone took a jigsaw to them and didn’t even bother to recoat the edges.

Guess we two door folk are up shits creek. Even if they came out and allowed us to factory order a soft top, I still want a hard top. I can’t mount a rhino rack to a soft top.

Guess we’re entering the “My Bronco arrived massively jacked up” phase of launch. Wonderful.
Sponsored