First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 2023 Heritage Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Based on the suggestions I’m leaning towards Ford 2” lift that comes with the Bilstens and 35s

Noob question, but can the dealer install these?
Sponsored

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I intend to do some moderate to above off-roading so it would have been nice.
what would you do?
Do the off-roading first, then decide if you even like/ enjoy it. You're chasing something right now before you've even been on the field.

Your BD is very capable right out of the box, there's always something better, faster, stronger out there. Spend a year or two using it and see where it takes you.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Based on the suggestions I’m leaning towards Ford 2” lift that comes with the Bilstens and 35s

FP 2" is a fine choice, and if you are on a 2dr is a better choice that a straight up Bilstein, because the springs on those are too strong for a 2dr. However they a) cost more than 6112s and b) are not adjustable. Some here have repoeted ending up with quite significant rake, to the tube of 2".

As to if a Ford dealer can install them - don't. These techs rarely, if ever, do off-road mods. Take the truck to a local ASE certified 4x4 shop, that is all you need to get warranty coverage. Many for the true 4x4 shops are not ASE certified, but unless you do crazy things a coilover will not cause a failure. And putting a 35 on a non SAS trim may be reason enough for a dealer to refuse warranty coverage for transmission problems.

FilmcoBronci

Black Diamond
First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 6G
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Hey sigmafloyd,
Option 3 would be your best route. You get all the capabilities you will ever need for your off roading needs, and you can, customize your Badlands into looking like a Heritage model at a lower cost, vs trying to turn a Heritage model into a Badlands.
I agree with @Roger123 that you need to try your BD on some things you feel are extreme first, saying this as an ecstatic owner of an “original” ‘21 BD.

Then if you feel you need to upgrade Heritage is fine but cosmetics.
@the poacher is 100% correct. B/L is logically your better upgrade platform. Love our NonSas BD on 33’s now. We’re not doing Extreme rocks, but we do lots of blizzards and pretty nasty snowy, muddy, rocky rutted mountain backroads for work all winter and muddy spring, and are undefeated. 1” level works for us.

Heritage is nice but folks have said they feel reluctant to Rinse and repeat something with such an elegant Interior.

Btw we are 60k miles in so we’re not guessing here. Lol

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I agree. Get out there with it to get a feel for what it will do now. Just be aware that your plastic transmission oil pan is exposed. Slide under it and get an idea of what’s going on under there, so you’ll know what those big rocks you may be straddling will rub on. And if it’s a 2 door, you have less chance of high centering than a 4-door would.

Sponsored

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have a 2023 Black Diamond non-Sasquatch. I really wanted the heritage but they were impossible to find. I’m mostly loving the BD but regretting not getting the Sasquatch. I intend to do some moderate to above off-roading so it would have been nice.

after pricing out upgrades I’ve gotten tk thinking of trading up next year. Here are my options:

1) don’t trade, upgrade BD
2) Trade up for Heritage: I love the looks and with sas it’s got 35s and lockers. Worried that the interior could be hard to clean
3) trade up for badlands Sasquatch. Quite a bit more expensive but pretty much has it all

what would you do?
you bd is more capable then you could imagine as it is how sure any upgrade will just simply be better if and when you go to that next level its about money at this point

OP
OP
sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

Black Diamond
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 2023 Heritage Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the advice everyone. There is a really good offroad driving class around here so I’m going to do that stock and only upgrade when I hit some limits

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What I see when I watch that video is some moderate clearance (different from lift!) and spinning tires that could bounce. Bigger tires on an M190 will mean more stress on a weaker axle and steering rack, so pay attention to overall wheel weight (lighter tires). The heavier the tire, the more likely you are to snap an axle or CV joint or tie rod (and damage the housing worst case), especially when doing a suspension lift that changes the geometry around the suspension parts.

You get clearance, however, with the tire height upgrade, which is half the difference in diameter under load. So 2" equals 1" of clearance. So you'll need full skid plates, which are heavier, and will drag you down some, depending on how heavy they are (3/16" steel is heavy but preferred). You also want some good rock slides. Also heavy.

If I had a BD with an M190 axle, I would upgrade the springs, upgrade the shocks for additional dampening, upgrade the tires to 35" focusing on lower weight and hopefully more clearance, and get steel skid plates and some good rock slides. (If I were cutting one thing, I'd hold off and do a grippier 33" and see how the plates/slides work for you.)

Then, with larger tires, I would expect to eventually upgrade to HOSS 3.0 rack and an M210 axle upgrade eventually in the front. In other words, expect you'll break both and you probably won't be disappointed. If you learn how to use your slides and skid plates, you may never need anything else.

Last edited:

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would upgrade,

Boss4x4.com has 4wp Coilovers for $1000
35" Mud Tires
Spare inner tie rod
Rough Country Bushings
Transmission skid plate

People forget that SAS pricing is through the roof. You will find that between trade in and new pricing your going to be better off adding things. I would buy the coilovers and go from there. The extra clearance goes a long ways in savings the bumpers.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@GroovyGeek touched on this a bit, but it depends on the dealer.

Many dealers (as @GroovyGeek mentioned) stick with the standard Ford playbook and are unwilling to install modifications—even Ford Performance modifications.

Other dealers are perfectly willing to install aftermarket mods. Many even have full-service aftermarket departments that can completely customize a vehicle to your liking.

My dealer, for example, doesn’t have an aftermarket department. But they are perfectly willing to install aftermarket components as long as they come from a reputable company, and they have installed Ford Performance parts for me in the past.

bjpatten

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 2023 Black Diamond non-Sasquatch. I really wanted the heritage but they were impossible to find. I’m mostly loving the BD but regretting not getting the Sasquatch. I intend to do some moderate to above off-roading so it would have been nice.

after pricing out upgrades I’ve gotten tk thinking of trading up next year. Here are my options:

1) don’t trade, upgrade BD
2) Trade up for Heritage: I love the looks and with sas it’s got 35s and lockers. Worried that the interior could be hard to clean
3) trade up for badlands Sasquatch. Quite a bit more expensive but pretty much has it all

what would you do?
Badlands. I love mine and didn't want to settle for anything else. Well maybe a Braptor but they were too much money. I didn't get the SAS on mine and did my own. I haven't been disappointed with it. It's more than capable to run anywhere a Rubicon can. I have done rock climbing in it at Sand Hollow here in Southern Utah. Highest rated trail so far a 7. The non-sas already has a .67 inch lift on it compared to the others. I added a 1.75" leveling kit and it has been perfect. I run 35's on it. It looks like I could run 37's but haven't spent the money on them to find out.
Ford Bronco Upgrade Black Diamond or 2024 Heritage/Badlands bucke1
Sponsored