First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
You forgot the goofiest of the goofballs, the Toronado. Based on a borrowed RWD platform chassis from the Riviera, Massive 455ci/7.5L V8 engine mounted longitudinally, and FWD. But wait, it gets better, in it's third generation, the Toronado was available with the messed up 350ci/5.7L olds diesel that was a converted gas engine which became notorious for catastrophic engine failures.
I had to look that up to read more. I'm surprised I never heard of it before. Thanks!
Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Wait... did you just say the 2.7 in the Fusion Sport isn't transverse...?
No. I know that it isn't transverse because I own it, and recognized the difference in the BroncoNation photo.....

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You forgot the goofiest of the goofballs, the Toronado. Based on a borrowed RWD platform chassis from the Riviera, Massive 455ci/7.5L V8 engine mounted longitudinally, and FWD. But wait, it gets better, in it's third generation, the Toronado was available with the messed up 350ci/5.7L olds diesel that was a converted gas engine which became notorious for catastrophic engine failures.
I grew up roasting the front tires of my Dad's '75 Toronado. It had a speedometer that went to 100MPH, but didn't have a "stop" for the needle. I made that speedo needle "disappear" on several occasions.

Gloff

Big Bend
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.serramonteford.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ford Bronco Big Bend, '03 BMW Z4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I grew up roasting the front tires of my Dad's '75 Toronado. It had a speedometer that went to 100MPH, but didn't have a "stop" for the needle. I made that speedo needle "disappear" on several occasions.
Similar thing on my 87 Grand Prix, Federal mandate required speedos only go to 85, the Pontiac went faster than 85...

Sponsored

Jrod0486

Black Diamond
First Name
Jarrod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

No. I know that it isn't transverse because I own it, and recognized the difference in the BroncoNation photo.....
I think you're confused on what transverse is. Fusions are all transferse mounted. The Bronco is not. The BN photo is different because the Bronco is longitudinally mounted, and your Fusion is transverse.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think you're confused on what transverse is. Fusions are all transferse mounted. The Bronco is not. The BN photo is different because the Bronco is longitudinally mounted, and your Fusion is transverse.
Yeah, I wasn’t clear in either of my posts (Don’t drink and post, kids). Yes, I know the Fusion’s engine is transverse. In my post where I pointed out the oil filter cap In the Bronco Nation 2.7 photo being in a different spot than the Fusion’s, I meant that the Bronco’s engine was mounted ”normally” (not transverse).

wolfpackinva

Black Diamond
First Name
Santiago
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Focus, '08 E350, '13 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
E3DD2049-FE7A-4F77-B41F-CE8530E6B6BD.jpeg

What do you mean you can’t tell the engine is straight. The picture clearly shows, It’s plain as day ?
This picture makes my anxiety go up.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This picture makes my anxiety go up.
That engine pic just tells me extended warranty is not an option. Considering labor runs about $140 an hour

frinesi2

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'92 Pajero 2.5TD, '99 Land Cruiser '15 Golf TDI
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I love when a google image search text string turns in to a three page thread.
Sponsored