First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should design their rock rail so a step(s) could be added when a person is not offloading. That way they we will not have to look at aftermarket options and they can make more money off they accessories. Maybe something with a nice 'Bronco' stamp, a horsey, or both.
Sponsored

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My better half is 6' 1" and all legs. I'm the one that's going to be struggling at 5' 9" with short limbs. Could be worse, though.

I lowered a Miata 1.25", so I'm pretty used to terrible ingress/egress.
My best friend is 5 even. I used to pick her up and put her in the seat of my old one. It had 31's. Can't wait to see how it works with this bad boy and 35's?.

Tarjea

Base
First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What ? Is 50 the new 90? im 53 and not anywhere near dead! and i can still climb stairs all by myself.
Some people made really bad choices when they were younger. Now they're paying for it. I'll admit im in the bad choices crowd, but i make due and power through. And I'm only 27. ?

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To save yourself from having to switch back and forth, RSE are the way to go. I’m talking with them about getting some Bronco steps made. They’re hoping to make it happen.
How do those work when the doors are removed? I know the amp research power running boards are activated by opening the doors, which would be problematic if they are off.

Sponsored

attworth

Badlands
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Land Rover D2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How do those work when the doors are removed? I know the amp research power running boards are activated by opening the doors, which would be problematic if they are off.
You wire in a switch (or to one or your aux switches) to turn them off. Same applies when you’re off-road and don’t want them going down into a rock or whatever.

Edit: when you turn the switch on again they’d go back down. So you can hop in, activate the switch to allow shorter passengers in and then turn them back off. If you’re short, just make sure you put the switch somewhere you can reach it from outside.

Mustang_75_99

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F150, 2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You wire in a switch (or to one or your aux switches) to turn them off. Same applies when you’re off-road and don’t want them going down into a rock or whatever.

Edit: when you turn the switch on again they’d go back down. So you can hop in, activate the switch to allow shorter passengers in and then turn them back off. If you’re short, just make sure you put the switch somewhere you can reach it from outside.
Thanks, I am not worried for myself...I am 6-3, but my 5-4 wife on the other hand...might need some help.

Stroopaloop

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GMC canyon all terrain
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like it, definitely not welded ... quick easy fix for the wife .. would get them day 1 if available...
Word! I'd get them for my wife, ya that's it. My wife, because I won't need those at all ?

Sponsored

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted this a while back. I expect someone to come out with a version for the Bronco.

Ford Bronco Vertically Challenged People 1607985855748

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My ex was about 4'9", 85ish lbs. She always fit just fine in the Thunderbird with plenty of room to spare on those big American sized seats. Except for almost sliding straight into the dash board at every stop sign or red light, of course (no seat belts, slick leather seats).

She always said that an advantage of being short is that she always has people to look up to.

Hopefully all you shorties feel the same way!

Daytona_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Word! I'd get them for my wife, ya that's it. My wife, because I won't need those at all ?
There is no shame in using steps, just not in a Squatch Bronco .. imo it's not that high off the ground, approx 24inch is ok for me ??‍♂ ... unless your my short wife of course ... that's why I like these .. easy to mount and low profile ... however those closer to the ground than others may feel differently ..

MrJoe

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'73 Bronco (sold), '99 Ram, '08 Explorer, '16 CMax
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no shame in using steps, just not in a Squatch Bronco .. imo it's not that high off the ground, approx 24inch is ok for me ??‍♂ ... unless your my short wife of course ... that's why I like these .. easy to mount and low profile ... however those closer to the ground than others may feel differently ..
Are you talking about the wife or Bronco???
Sponsored