Sponsored

Video: Window-Down Feature on MY22 Warthog (Installed by Ford Store)

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The window down feature has been successfully added to a MY22 Warthog. Just picked it up from the dealer today.

Press unlock on RKA, windows go down approximately 1/2”.

Press lock on RKA, doors lock and then windows go back up.

Sponsored

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

is this to prevent excessive wear on the window seals when opening and closing the doors?

OP
OP
Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s so the door opens more easily. The window doesn’t go down quick enough and gets caught on the seal when opening.
is this to prevent excessive wear on the window seals when opening and closing the doors?

Batman

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assuming this was a software update?

ralexander1211

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Wildtrak 4dr, '12 911 GTS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This looks like something my '23 WT does from the factory. Is it something they added just for '23? If sitting in the cabin and I unlock the doors it also rolls down slightly.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Software had to be updated manually by the Ford Store to add the feature. If your Bronco was built on or after July 12, 2023, you already have the roll-down feature.
IMG_1689.png
I assuming this was a software update?
This looks like something my '23 WT does from the factory. Is it something they added just for '23? If sitting in the cabin and I unlock the doors it also rolls down slightly.

Batman

Badlands
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Software had to be updated manually by the Ford Store to add the feature. If your Bronco was built on or after July 12, 2023, you already have the roll-down feature.
IMG_1689.png
Thanks. My Bronco is a 2022.

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

To schedule this, is there a specific TSB or Customer Satisfaction Program that you told thee dealer about to get it fixed?
There is no information about this feature other than the older SSM that @Cactus Jack posted, so most dealerships won't even know that the programming is available.
You can ask them to check for a DDM and PDM update and some dealers will help out and reprogram it for you. But technically isn't a warrantable concern, so don't be surprised if they say there will be a charge.

Sponsored

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

There is no information about this feature other than the older SSM that @Cactus Jack posted, so most dealerships won't even know that the programming is available.
You can ask them to check for a DDM and PDM update and some dealers will help out and reprogram it for you. But technically isn't a warrantable concern, so don't be surprised if they say there will be a charge.
Ok, sounds good. So, I should just ask them to check for DDM and PDM updates for the door/window mechanism? Or, is there a specific name for the window up-down thing

Sorry, I'm not entirely smart when it comes to this stuff so I don't know what to actually call it. Thank you for the help!

Ducati1098

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2012 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ok, sounds good. So, I should just ask them to check for DDM and PDM updates for the door/window mechanism? Or, is there a specific name for the window up-down thing

Sorry, I'm not entirely smart when it comes to this stuff so I don't know what to actually call it. Thank you for the help!
I would just ask them to check for a potential DDM and PDM module update.
You can reference SSM 51895 also if you want and tell them you heard that the programming may be available for previous model year vehicles already.
I don't believe the programming is available for all model/packages yet though, as my 2022 2 door does not have this feature and also does not have any updates currently (which is probably why Ford hasn't updated the old SSM or released anything new yet)

soupcansam

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I would just ask them to check for a potential DDM and PDM module update.
You can reference SSM 51895 also if you want and tell them you heard that the programming may be available for previous model year vehicles already.
I don't believe the programming is available for all model/packages yet though, as my 2022 2 door does not have this feature and also does not have any updates currently (which is probably why Ford hasn't updated the old SSM or released anything new yet)
Ok, that makes sense. I'm assuming my 2 door BD also doesn't have anything yet but I'll ask when I take it for the wiper CSP. Thank you!

OP
OP
Cactus Jack

Cactus Jack

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
There is currently no TSB that I am aware of. I do know the Ford store spent a considerable amount of time to figure out how to add The feature. I believe they use Ford’s OASIS database. They also replaced the wiper components per Ford’s recall.

To schedule this, is there a specific TSB or Customer Satisfaction Program that you told thee dealer about to get it fixed?
I'm interested as well. Would love to have this and the wiper motor flash done at the same time!

ATLbronco

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just had this update and the wiper motor done at the same time.
The window drop feature on unlock is an improvement, but I’ve noticed it only triggers when you unlock the vehicle via fob. If I unlock by putting my hand on the door handle with fob in pocket, the windows don’t drop… pretty surprised by that oversight. Does everyone else’s behave this way?
Sponsored