Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I have a Badlands on order, since last December, and had opted for the leather. I have heard so many good reviews about the vinyl. Can some people with the leather let me know if they are happy with their choice? Also, if I make a change to my order; from leather to vinyl do you think that will make me lose my price protection?
Sponsored

8cam

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I ordered leather and I'll be picking mine up later this month, so I can't get you a direct review. But my reasons for ordering it have not changed and after seeing and sitting in both, I'm still happy with my decision. The leather gets you more adjustability and my last off road truck had leather with carpets, and I had no issues at all. I know folks are fans of the MGV and it is nice, but for me the leather was an obvious choice.

Chippewa-Pin

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Santa Fe, Tucson, Z4, T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You will not lose price protection. I changed from leather to MGV and did not lose it.

Gizmo

Outer Banks
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Alfa Romeo Stelvio 2020 Porsche Macan 23 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have a Badlands on order, since last December, and had opted for the leather. I have heard so many good reviews about the vinyl. Can some people with the leather let me know if they are happy with their choice? Also, if I make a change to my order; from leather to vinyl do you think that will make me lose my price protection?
I am kinda torn as well, i like the idea of the power functions, and i think i read the headrests may have more adjustability-

Compta38

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been in every trim and to me the mgv felt the best and most comfortable. Not to mention you lose that hard rubber flooring if you go leather. The only plus to leather I see is adjustable headrest.

Sponsored

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The leather seats are mostly vinyl anyways, it's just a leather pattern vs the weird cross hatch pattern on the MGV. The rubber floors are loud AF. If you got a soft top it's kind of irrelevant, but on the hardtop the road noise is way more pronounced.

Black_Stallion13

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have cloth on my order, but I don't think I'd pay the extra $2k for leather, plus I think you lose the wash out floor if you pick leather. In my experience, if you plan to ride with the top off quite a bit YOU WILL get rained on at some point... main selling point of the MGV to me.

Also - I asked my dealer about a couple of changes a few weeks ago. He told me anything other than a color change would screw up the price protection but then again you would be going from something more expensive to less expensive so maybe it wouldn't matter? I would bank on Ford doing anything to screw us over though so I'm guessing you won't be pleasantly surprised.

F OR D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD Green Machine
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i can only comment on mgv but i love it. heard great things about leather too, and got to demo one with it. both great choices imo.

Big Barney

Wildtrak
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Escape, 2000 F150,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can’t attest to the MGV but the leather seats in my WT are nice. Love the power functions and they are a nice color contrast to A51 exterior.

alexg823

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Bronco OBX Cyber Orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
leather seats are about 80% MGV anyways. It's just the edges on the sides and the bottom that are actually leather.

Sponsored

motocane

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I debated over this for a while as well, but then I decided to go 2dr instead of 4dr and that made the decision to go MGV a no brainer. I had heard positive feedback on the MGV (incl washout floods and molle back) and the 2dr loses electronic seats even with leather but the $2k upcharge is the same.

I've had my Badlands since this Feb and haven't regretted the MGV at all. Ford leather isn't exactly luxury grade anyhow and it seems the MGV will hold up better as well. MGV is great for dogs by the way (probably kids too). Only downside to MGV that I see is the back can get a little sweaty, but it's not like the leather seats are ventilated or have A/C either.

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
All of the vehicles I've had over the last 30 years have all had leather seating and carpeted interiors so I was a little apprehensive about going with MGV and washout rubber floors when I ordered my BadSquatch.

Then people were writing about the horrible road noise in Broncos with the MIC top and MGV really had me more nervous.

Now that I've had my Bronco for a couple of weeks and 300 miles, those worries were completely unfounded, I'm reallly liking it. My wife is very particular about road noise and has no issue with the Bronco.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Happy with the leather seats and power.

ricstang

Black Diamond
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Black Diamond with MGV rules! This is after having nothing but leather in my last 8 vehicles.....so easy to maintain. Looks and feels great!

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My opinion… get vinyl unless the following is important to you:
  • Carpeted flooring
  • Electric adjustable seats
  • Rear cup holders (on 4-door)
If you hate it you can always swap out to aftermarket leather (such as Katzkin) later.
Sponsored