First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone else concerned by this. Leather-trimmed implies that the majority of the seat is still vinyl.

I'm also not clear if upgrading to leather on the 2door Badlands adds carpet, since power seats are apparently not available on the 2door, and the power seat is why ford is adding carpet when upgrading to "leather."
Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
correct- this vehicle doesn't actually offer any leather seats. not a simple black or brown leather seat! best we get is vinyl with "leather trim"! I actually don't get it. it never occurred to the designers to offer leather seats on a car that options up to 60k! then think about how little you can spend on a vehicle and get leather these days. i'm pretty sure a honda civic offers leather

evoaire

First Edition
First Name
Evoaire
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
maybe a bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
correct- this vehicle doesn't actually offer any leather seats. not a simple black or brown leather seat! best we get is vinyl with "leather trim"! I actually don't get it. it never occurred to the designers to offer leather seats on a car that options up to 60k! then think about how little you can spend on a vehicle and get leather these days. i'm pretty sure a honda civic offers leather
Sure does, my daughter has one, a civic with leather, moon roof, dual climate control, on and on. I bought it used, but man it’s loaded.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anyone else concerned by this. Leather-trimmed implies that the majority of the seat is still vinyl.

I'm also not clear if upgrading to leather on the 2door Badlands adds carpet, since power seats are apparently not available on the 2door, and the power seat is why ford is adding carpet when upgrading to "leather."
Not concerned at all once I saw and felt the "vinyl". This rig needs that MGV. It's amazing and nothing like what every thinks vinyl is... It's hard to describe what it's like.

Sponsored

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Even Lincoln isn't all leather. It's usually the seating surface that is leather and the sides and back are coordinating vinyl.
true- many seats for years have been "leather seating surfaces" but this is vinyl with leather trim

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If it's good enough for BMW, MB, and Porsche...

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
At least they offer black and $600 cheaper then Bronco.
Also, perforated leather for a little more. Ford should have looked at this before they chose what we have currently.

Portapot

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cj7, RX350, f250,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I looked at every Motor Trend SUV of the year contender, and granted they are not topless vehicles, none of them had two tone seats. One had a few minor contrasting accents but not bolsters in one color and seat and back in a totally contrasting different color. Yes I am whining, for a 60k car I expected better options and the fact is all the prototypes had better options.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Dick_Castlesmurff

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not concerned at all once I saw and felt the "vinyl". This rig needs that MGV. It's amazing and nothing like what every thinks vinyl is... It's hard to describe what it's like.
I'm sure it's the top of the vinyl pyramid, but I have no interest in it, especially in black. I've had it in boats, where it makes sense and worth the trade offs of comfort. It also doesn't hold up to dog claws.

I don't want the black "leather" either.

It's not a deal breaker, just disappointing. I'll put the $2k ford is charging for "leather" and put it toward aftermarket leather in a light gray to match the dash.

If it's good enough for BMW, MB, and Porsche...
It's the leather-trimmed vinyl not vinyl-trimmed leather.

CobraKaiSG

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi TTS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm sure it's the top of the vinyl pyramid, but I have no interest in it, especially in black. I've had it in boats, where it makes sense and worth the trade offs of comfort. It also doesn't hold up to dog claws.

I don't want the black "leather" either.

It's not a deal breaker, just disappointing. I'll put the $2k ford is charging for "leather" and put it toward aftermarket leather in a light gray to match the dash.

It's the leather-trimmed vinyl not vinyl-trimmed leather.
that's my plan is i'll save on some options and do katzkin once they come out with something for us- that way can get custom leather however i want it - just kind of weird no leather seats

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands