First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge 3500 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm ordering a shadow black top knowing full well I may have to wait. What's another several weeks, or months after waiting almost 18 months?

The shadow black is in the MIC top instead of the goofy grey MIC top?
Sponsored

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Will the MIC top ever be available in black or is the grey the only option. I thought i seen somewhere there was late availability on a black MIC, I’m not referring to the late availability hardtop.
No announcement at this time for any plans for Ford to offer a MIC black top

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad more people are deciding to wait so I get mine sooner. I don't care what the top looks like, even in a few years when it starts to fade. Probably raptor line it white anyway.
You really think it could be raptor lined and look good?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

You really think it could be raptor lined and look good?

Won't know until I do it, but how much worse could it look? I'm not even sure the raptor lining will stick long term.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Won't know until I do it, but how much worse could it look? I'm not even sure the raptor lining will stick long term.
Yeah that was my concern. I've seen Jeep people use the black raptor liner on their hardtops, so maybe white raptor liner done professionally on the bronco roof would look good. Although I would prefer to just trade my MIC for someone's white roof...

Edit: looking into linex that seems to be the way to go. They can do a "low pressure" spray that will give a smoother surface, in WHITE, and should make the roof even more indestructible!

Last edited:

Sponsored

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This stuff worked wonders for the plastic cladding on my 2005 Avalanche (no longer have it).
I think I'll try some out on the MIC top, and maybe just reapply yearly if it works.
Super easy to apply, and it's a dangerous poison, so you know it works.

Ford Bronco Top 1610741254645

Ford Bronco Top 1610741382340

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

@banditmask Randy, the Shadow Black, and MIC are two different tops. One is of course black, and the MIC has a grey molded in color. As BB22 said, I haven't heard of Ford making a black MIC top. Would be nice as I haven't the foggiest why they went with grey. I mean a Race Red Bronco with black bumpers, black grill, and a grey top would be an abomination in my book.

I had actually thought about taking the MIC top to my local body shop, and have it painted. But, the price difference between the MIC, and the black top is about what I expected the price would be to paint the MIC top. I don't have a problem with waiting a bit to not have to go through the process of having one painted. Wait time is also going to depend on how many reservations actually turn into orders also, so if I get the thing any time before fall of '22 I'll be happy. If I don't I'll just have to be happy with that too. :)

Last edited:

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more I think about it -- I'll wait get a black top. I'm assuming that would push my deliver date back?! . Disappointing but ... Oh well. The grey MIC looks like shit. For me it looks so bad on some colors it disqualifies them and at best looks just tolerable on couple other colors. It feels like you have to settle on MIC if you want any chance of gettin a Bronco this summer. Between the delays and the poor rollout if build and price Ford has fumbled the ball.
I totally agree

Kayak_Nick

Wildtrak
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The more I think about it -- I'll wait get a black top. I'm assuming that would push my deliver date back?! . Disappointing but ... Oh well. The grey MIC looks like shit. For me it looks so bad on some colors it disqualifies them and at best looks just tolerable on couple other colors. It feels like you have to settle on MIC if you want any chance of gettin a Bronco this summer. Between the delays and the poor rollout if build and price Ford has fumbled the ball.
Am I the only one who thinks a $1200 premium for black...whenever it is ready...is not worth it? Price independent it is a different decision.

banditmask

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge 3500 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
@banditmask Randy, the Shadow Black, and MIC are two different tops. One is of course black, and the MIC has a grey molded in color. As BB22 said, I haven't heard of Ford making a black MIC top. Would be nice as I haven't the foggiest why they went with grey. I mean a Race Red Bronco with black bumpers, black grill, and a grey top would be an abomination in my book.

I had actually thought about taking the MIC top to my local body shop, and have it painted. But, the price difference between the MIC, and the black top is about what I expected the price would be to paint the MIC top. I don't have a problem with waiting a bit to not have to go through the process of having one painted. Wait time is also going to depend on how many reservations actually turn into orders also, so if I get the thing any time before fall of '22 I'll be happy. If I don't I'll just have to be happy with that too. :)
You are referring to the Black Modular top right? Reason I ask, in build and price that top is $1895, thats alot of coin for me, i could get the bigger engine for that much.

Sponsored

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You are referring to the Black Modular top right? Reason I ask, in build and price that top is $1895, thats alot of coin for me, i could get the bigger engine for that much.
Yes sir. And you're right, it is expensive.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
The modular top is $1800 difference than the MIC top. But to purchase it alone would be what, $3000+?

Deleted member 13817

If you have not seen the MIC top in person, you are going to be surprised at its appearance.

It almost looked like a skin at the seams. If you have ever handled a sharks skin, that was the first thing I thought of in person.

For me, late available Black interior made my decision. Black seats and black top.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
When modular became late availability, I resigned myself to the MIC. Since I am a 7/14, wanting lux and leather, and it looks like I will be deep into the fall probably, I'm starting to think the black painted will look much better on an CG OBX. Definitely more contrast and it complements the black painted grill. If your going to be late, why not just pull up the rear all together and get it right.
Sponsored