Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The more I think about it -- I'll wait get a black top. I'm assuming that would push my deliver date back?! . Disappointing but ... Oh well. The grey MIC looks like shit. For me it looks so bad on some colors it disqualifies them and at best looks just tolerable on couple other colors. It feels like you have to settle on MIC if you want any chance of gettin a Bronco this summer. Between the delays and the poor rollout if build and price Ford has fumbled the ball.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What's the weight difference going to be between MIC and Modular? Curious if it will be enough to matter. There's already payload concerns, I'd hate to make it worse.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The more I think about it -- I'll wait get a black top. I'm assuming that would push my deliver date back?! . Disappointing but ... Oh well. The grey MIC looks like shit. For me it looks so bad on some colors it disqualifies them and at best looks just tolerable on couple other colors. It feels like you have to settle on MIC if you want any chance if gettin a Bronco this summer. Between the delays and the poor rollout if build and price Ford has fumbled the ball.
Totally agree on the mod top. If I can't get the mod top, I'm not buying a Bronco. I'll wait a reasonable time (August) and likely move on if still not available.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Totally agree on the mod top. If I can't get the mod top, I'm not buying a Bronco. I'll wait a reasonable time (August) and likely move on if still not available.
I see you have AMB icon. That's a perfect example. A great color ! But the grey MIC doesn't fit imo.

OP
OP
Hornet

Hornet

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Mic looks better to me than painted top. Although I don’t like the lighter/grey looking mic. I’m hoping it’s the blacker looking pics I’ve seen. I also plan on having a Bimini on mostly.
Good point. The lighter one, if there is actually a lighter one, looks the worst. This is why we should be able to see one before ordering.

Skeeterjack

Outer Banks
First Name
RON
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018MUSTANG GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The more I think about it -- I'll wait get a black top. I'm assuming that would push my deliver date back?! . Disappointing but ... Oh well. The grey MIC looks like shit. For me it looks so bad on some colors it disqualifies them and at best looks just tolerable on couple other colors. It feels like you have to settle on MIC if you want any chance of gettin a Bronco this summer. Between the delays and the poor rollout if build and price Ford has fumbled the ball.
I couldn’t agree more. Ill wait too ,then be stuck with that shitty looking MIC top. Where is the promised colour top first announced for the OB ? Can’t believe i have to pay extra for a solid roof on top of a $60.k vehicle. Rag top is standard. Who does that. Ford does that.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I'm a top waiter.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Glad more people are deciding to wait so I get mine sooner. I don't care what the top looks like, even in a few years when it starts to fade. Probably raptor line it white anyway.

Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sas Badlands, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've thought seriously about waiting and still am but I'm also hearing about painting options. If the dealer can just paint mine black or maybe AMB, I may just do that.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Mic looks better to me than painted top. Although I don’t like the lighter/grey looking mic. I’m hoping it’s the blacker looking pics I’ve seen. I also plan on having a Bimini on mostly.
Painted top will look better once a white wrap is put on it.

Stu baby

Outer Banks
First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Audi
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I keep going back and forth. My biggest issue is the late availability. If we could get a general idea that would help. If it’s waiting much past Labor Day ,forget it
Sponsored