Sponsored

Waiting out for the Warthog? Expected price?

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Wwheeler

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rock Monster was what the Black Diamond trim level was called in development.
Dang! Iā€™m still holding out hope for a solid front axle option to really put a knife in Jeep. IFS is fine for my needs right now, but down the road Iā€™d like another option beside Jeep for a SFA.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I suspect the trade in value of the Bronco will be very high for the first couple years on the Bronco, as demand will be high relative to supply. So, if you are the type that can afford to buy the halo model (Warthog or whatever they call it), you can probably afford to buy first year, and trade in a year or two later, when the halo model is available.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Look how far Ford went on the Bronco right out of the gate. There's also stuff we haven't seen yet that will be trickled out over the next few months. Hell, Ford probably already has an answer for the 392 Rubicon in case it does make it to production in some form.

That would be called GODZILLA !!!!

Sponsored

Deleted member 2346

I just dont see how they would have a warthog edition being as expensive as itā€™s big brother (F150 Raptor). I would expect the warthog to start around 60k for a fourdoor. Thatā€™s still 9k more than the next most expensive pkg (wildtrack). Iā€™m eliminating the first edition pkg since it was a limited production item.

GrabberBlue

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F-150 Raptor, 2021 Bronco FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I suspect the trade in value of the Bronco will be very high for the first couple years on the Bronco, as demand will be high relative to supply. So, if you are the type that can afford to buy the halo model (Warthog or whatever they call it), you can probably afford to buy first year, and trade in a year or two later, when the halo model is available.
This is something I am very curious about because I have a First Edition reserved. I don't mind buying it over leasing until the Raptor comes out but am worried about a hit when I trade it.

All I can think of is the 2015 Mustang's 2014.5 50th Year Anniversary Edition, they really didn't hold their value well once the GT350 hit.

Currently stuck between buying the First Edition and trading in on the Raptor or leasing the Wildtrak w/ the High package.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my understanding as well. Just because the transmission is scalable to 800 NM doesn't mean that is the configuration that Ford went with. Plus I think they fully expect people to tune these engines, so they wanted to be conservative with the safety factors. But I don't know these things for sure. I didn't actually work on the Bronco drivetrain, so these are just educated guesses. I will try to get some more concrete answers by the end of the week.
do you mind seeing if a hybrid model will arrive by next model year? Iā€™m SUPER interested in that. A Powerboost Bronco just sounds right! (Hopefully with 30 mi all electric range)

also wondering if the Warthog has the Aviator drivetrain as rumored a while back.

I think Ford definitely gave us enough so far. I just wish the warthog or hybrid or both was also available now lol. I want to get a badlands with the 2.7, lux, and Sasquatch package SO BAD! But Iā€™ll be kicking myself if I only had to wait one more model year to get the ultimate

captchathis

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just dont see how they would have a warthog edition being as expensive as itā€™s big brother (F150 Raptor). I would expect the warthog to start around 60k for a fourdoor. Thatā€™s still 9k more than the next most expensive pkg (wildtrack). Iā€™m eliminating the first edition pkg since it was a limited production item.
My first thought that ran through my head reading this thread was that the warthog is going to be priced above the raptor and thatā€™s insane.

Sponsored

Covfefe

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 pp vert
Your Bronco Model
Base
By the way, there is a lot more coming in the future with regards to Bronco. You haven't even come close to seeing everything yet. Let's just say that the plan is to keep the Bronco buzz going strong for the next several years.

Also, my understanding is that a lot of things will be available as standalone options that can be purchased after the fact. The idea is that you could buy a base model if that's all you could afford, but slowly add additional parts to make it more capable.
even heated seats and dual zone climate? Lol

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

By the way, there is a lot more coming in the future with regards to Bronco. You haven't even come close to seeing everything yet. Let's just say that the plan is to keep the Bronco buzz going strong for the next several years.

Also, my understanding is that a lot of things will be available as standalone options that can be purchased after the fact. The idea is that you could buy a base model if that's all you could afford, but slowly add additional parts to make it more capable.
So, question... I've got a reservation for a First Edition 2 Door. But now I'm all antsy about the Warthog. I clearly wanna blow my cash on the most tricked out option (DINK life), but if there's going to be a bigger/better engine in the Warthog, I can wait? But if it's like you said and it's all just accessories that I can get to make my First Edition into Warthog status, then I buy now?

Are you allowed to be that transparent with me and tell me to wait (bigger/better engine for the Warthog) or buy now (Warthog status achievable through aftermarket parts)? Trying to avoid buyer's remorse here because $60k is a lot for disappointment in a few years...

cowinsawdents

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE, 19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

So, question... I've got a reservation for a First Edition 2 Door. But now I'm all antsy about the Warthog. I clearly wanna blow my cash on the most tricked out option (DINK life), but if there's going to be a bigger/better engine in the Warthog, I can wait? But if it's like you said and it's all just accessories that I can get to make my First Edition into Warthog status, then I buy now?

Are you allowed to be that transparent with me and tell me to wait (bigger/better engine for the Warthog) or buy now (Warthog status achievable through aftermarket parts)? Trying to avoid buyer's remorse here because $60k is a lot for disappointment in a few years...
Tagging along, in the same boat. that's if I can get it for MSRP. My reservation sits at a dealer who is trying to sell a 2020 raptor for 18k over sticker...FE outlook not so good.

rkj__

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra, Countryman, RZR
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is something I am very curious about because I have a First Edition reserved. I don't mind buying it over leasing until the Raptor comes out but am worried about a hit when I trade it.

All I can think of is the 2015 Mustang's 2014.5 50th Year Anniversary Edition, they really didn't hold their value well once the GT350 hit.

Currently stuck between buying the First Edition and trading in on the Raptor or leasing the Wildtrak w/ the High package.
Off road capable SUVs historically have held their value very well. Wrangler and 4 Runner, and previously the FJ were always on the "best resale value" lists that get published. 4x4 pickups also are strong players on the resale value lists right now.

That said, high option vehicles can depreciate faster than more modestly equipped ones.

It's harder to speak of launch / first editions specifically, because there is a little less data there.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
... Warthog ...Trying to avoid buyer's remorse here because $60k is a lot for disappointment in a few years...
As long as this remains an unknown I won't go through with the reservation order. Since there is still significant reason to believe a better engine is still an upcoming option I'll just keep waiting.

There is zero chance of me buying one and turning it over to eat thousands in depreciation in order to get what I actually wanted in the first place. My POS car is obviously going to last forever no matter how badly I treat it anyway.
Sponsored