Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Finally got the Elite bumper installed yesterday along with a Zeon 10s. Wanted to share some photos and mention a few things that might be helpful for others with the install.

Install was relatively easy considering the weight of this bumper. I did the install 100% by myself with no second person to assist. The only way this way possible was I borrowed my dads HF ATV lift which worked perfectly. Install without the lift and WITH two people would have been a bit more difficult.

One thing I think that might be helpful for others to know is that the bottom edge of the bumper comes VERY close to the factory recovery points. I thought for a moment I was going to have to cut them off, since unbolting them would mean losing two of the skid plate mounts as the two are integrated. I’ve attached a photo showing how close things are (about 1/8in). The Warn bumper makes the factory recovery points basically useless, but at least I didn’t have to cut them off. The factory points aren’t necessary anyway as there are two very beefy recovery points on the Warn.
The winch installed easily as well and it’s a nice fit. The Zeon had just the right length of power and ground cables to reach the battery. The Elite bumper includes an optional control module mount that attaches to the underside back of the bumper, but it wasn’t necessary with the Zeon. Overall very happy with the looks and functionality of the combination of these two Warn products and can’t wait to get out and test them on the trail.

One downside of this setup is the weight. I believe the combined weight of the Elite bumper and the Zeon 10s is 200+ pounds, and I’m not looking forward to seeing what it’s going to do to my fuel economy. I’m curious how the weight compares with the factory modular bumper, as well as products from a few others that have come out, ie, 4WP, ADD, etc.

I initially had some concerns about restricted intercooler air flow, but based on what I’ve heard from others with more experience than I have on this issue, my concerns are likely unwarranted. I emailed Warn about the issue and they replied that they had tested the bumper on a bronco, driving over 200 miles without issue. I’m including some photos showing how air can likely enter through a hole in the bottom of the bumper and provide adequate air flow. There is also a fair amount of space behind the winch that help allow air in as well.

The stock fog lamps, while appearing to be the correct size for the openings in the Warn, do not mount directly to the bumper with the mounting points Warn has provided. A custom bracket could likely be fabricated that would allow use of the stock fog lights with this bumper. I emailed Warn this morning inquiring about what fog lights they used in their promotional materials for this bumper and will update the post if I hear back from them.

I utilized one of the security bolts made by Factor 55 in place of one of the bolts provided by Warn to mount the winch to the bumper. Very impressed with their products and customer service. I went with their flatlink as well. Highly recommended.

I’d be happy to answer any questions folks might have about the install that might be helpful.

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips D07EE19E-6754-4BBA-8FDA-1FC78A91FAC5

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips 3C484CD4-3BAF-48A9-8A7F-E55F04CD6A0D

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips F5582F66-518E-4BC0-BD02-56AD46B988E5

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips AB1D1F89-5AE5-4D4A-84BA-742E0F1F0496

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips A694A553-A37E-4B3A-A73D-9275E1AC59C0

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips 449F7564-6D68-480B-9CCC-2F1967E00596
Sponsored

Last edited:

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks great! Concerning the added weight, do you notice any difference in handling? Did you do any type of level lift to compensate for the added weight?

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Looks great! Concerning the added weight, do you notice any difference in handling? Did you do any type of level lift to compensate for the added weight?
Seems to handle a bit softer in the front but steering is the same as far as I can tell in the relatively short amount of time I’ve been driving it since the install. I didn’t add a lift but I probably will be adding one of the 1in spacer kits.

dbeyers

Base
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Finally got the Elite bumper installed yesterday along with a Zeon 10s. Wanted to share some photos and mention a few things that might be helpful for others with the install.

Install was relatively easy considering the weight of this bumper. I did the install 100% by myself with no second person to assist. The only way this way possible was I borrowed my dads HF ATV lift which worked perfectly. Install without the lift and WITH two people would have been a bit more difficult.

One thing I think that might be helpful for others to know is that the bottom edge of the bumper comes VERY close to the factory recovery points. I thought for a moment I was going to have to cut them off, since unbolting them would mean losing two of the skid plate mounts as the two are integrated. I’ve attached a photo showing how close things are (about 1/8in). The Warn bumper makes the factory recovery points basically useless, but at least I didn’t have to cut them off. The factory points aren’t necessary anyway as there are two very beefy recovery points on the Warn.
The winch installed easily as well and it’s a nice fit. The Zeon had just the right length of power and ground cables to reach the battery. The Elite bumper includes an optional control module mount that attaches to the underside back of the bumper, but it wasn’t necessary with the Zeon. Overall very happy with the looks and functionality of the combination of these two Warn products and can’t wait to get out and test them on the trail.

One downside of this setup is the weight. I believe the combined weight of the Elite bumper and the Zeon 10s is 200+ pounds, and I’m not looking forward to seeing what it’s going to do to my fuel economy. I’m curious how the weight compares with the factory modular bumper, as well as products from a few others that have come out, ie, 4WP, ADD, etc.

I initially had some concerns about restricted intercooler air flow, but based on what I’ve heard from others with more experience than I have on this issue, my concerns are likely unwarranted. I emailed Warn about the issue and they replied that they had tested the bumper on a bronco, driving over 200 miles without issue. I’m including some photos showing how air can likely enter through a hole in the bottom of the bumper and provide adequate air flow. There is also a fair amount of space behind the winch that help allow air in as well.

The stock fog lamps, while appearing to be the correct size for the openings in the Warn, do not mount directly to the bumper with the mounting points Warn has provided. A custom bracket could likely be fabricated that would allow use of the stock fog lights with this bumper. I emailed Warn this morning inquiring about what fog lights they used in their promotional materials for this bumper and will update the post if I hear back from them.

I utilized one of the security bolts made by Factor 55 in place of one of the bolts provided by Warn to mount the winch to the bumper. Very impressed with their products and customer service. I went with their flatlink as well. Highly recommended.

I’d be happy to answer any questions folks might have about the install that might be helpful.

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips 449F7564-6D68-480B-9CCC-2F1967E00596

Could you post a side view at bumper level shot? 👍🏻

Sponsored

Broncotrax

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Bronco, '17 Superduity, '22 Badsquatch, CR 250R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
can you shoot a couple of additional pictures from a "stand back" look? Also a side profile so we can see how much it extends forward?
Thanks.

MDbeachguy

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
man ford really screwed the pooch with the 2.7/winch.

I guess the 2.3 guys really do have a giant leg up on the 2.7 guys since they can do stealth winches that look amazing and dont screw with the camera.

BeachShredder

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMG c63s, Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
man ford really screwed the pooch with the 2.7/winch.

I guess the 2.3 guys really do have a giant leg up on the 2.7 guys since they can do stealth winches that look amazing and dont screw with the camera.
Yeah, but then again, it's a 2.3!

Longbow

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seems to handle a bit softer in the front but steering is the same as far as I can tell in the relatively short amount of time I’ve been driving it since the install. I didn’t add a lift but I probably will be adding one of the 1in spacer kits.
I am concerned with the weight causing it to nose dive under breaking. Or change the sitting posture with the extra weight. ARB bumper and winch on my 4R was horrible until adding different shocks.

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips 1639412806306

Ford Bronco Warn Elite bumper and Zeon 10s install w/photos and tips 1639412806306

Can you get this bumper without the winch?
First I dont need/want a winch, and Second, aesthetically it looks so much better than any other bumper I've seen including Ford's modular bumper.
do they make a matching bumper for the back too?

Sponsored

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does the bumper impact the approach angle?

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

what about the center black box that is locted in lower center of the stock bumper? isnt that thing supposed to be a radar or something for collision avoidance? did you move that somewhere else? or do models lower than the outer banks trim / lux or high package not have anything behind that box?

Bronco Finder

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F150 , Broncos 76, 75, 72, 72, 68, 67, 66
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is all good news to me, I have the exact same set up and my bumper I ordered almost two months ago from 4 wheel parts just came in today, so cant wait to installed it , but still waiting on my Badlands that should be showing up to the dealership anytime now.
Thanks for your feedback of this bumper.

OP
OP
Jabberwock

Jabberwock

Big Bend
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Could you post a side view at bumper level shot? 👍🏻
Sorry this was taken in the dark- I’m a nurse and I work12hr shifts and it’s dark when I get home this time of year. I can take some more photos on Wed when I’m off.

0E1E12B0-2F71-4E2C-A6EB-A4C4914B5316.jpeg

4DE5CE8F-7DD2-477B-9B11-D2D39249F47F.jpeg

BFC51E9E-98C2-4B06-B985-8BA10F1894FD.jpeg
Sponsored