First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Who on here is blaming a consumer who got lucky? I haven't seen it.
Saying that someone shouldn't post about their new Bronco and keep it a secret out of respect to those who have been waiting a long time is certainly punishing the consumer.
Sponsored

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
How does this make any sense? You make it sound like somehow I cheated to get my build. What needs to happen is people to get some thick skin. No one is controlling anything, except ford. It's beyond our control.
This whole process has made people a little bitter, but you deserve to be excited. Hope you get it sooner than later

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have not heard anything yet on my 4 door OBX/SAS/LUX/MIC/2.7 7/20/20 reservation. It was first ordered in January of 2021 and reordered in October when the 2022 order banks opened. I never had the tow package or paint protection film on that order.

On 12/9/21 I placed a second order with the same dealer and dropped the MIC and SAS knowing that those are constraints. I’m thankful that my build date is 3/29 for the second one but what doesn’t make sense is my dealer has delivered a couple fully loaded OBX/2.7/LUX/MIC Sasquatch Broncos that had no early reservation and were first ordered by customers last October.

zrizik99

Black Diamond
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 2016
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

"walk-in order" lol congrats! I am 100% jealous and slightly bitter.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reservation or dealer priority absolutely mean something. It’s the preview order at the dealer you ordered from. Ford’s system has been the same for the last 20 years. Reservation just trumps retail priority. They go through the preview in order looking at each dealers no 1 order. Each round preview is 3000 orders, second round 3000 looking at dealer’s #2 orders. Depending on where your dealer lands in the preview, commodities could be gone by the time they preview your order. If the dealer has no allocation or if the commodities are exhausted they just jump that build and the dealer will have the next build in his order previewed the next round. This is all done systematically.
I acknowledge everything you said. You make a valid point and I agree. My point is, even after you get through the preview, get selected, squeeze into an allocation, and get a VIN, I see early reservations getting bumped when equivalent builds for newer orders are getting built in the same build week. Reservation timestamps have proven to be meaningless.

Sponsored

Flip17

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I acknowledge everything you said. You make a valid point and I agree. My point is, even after you get through the preview, get selected, squeeze into an allocation, and get a VIN, I see early reservations getting bumped when equivalent builds for newer orders are getting built in the same build week. Reservation timestamps have proven to be meaningless.
I didn't have a reservation but I did order in Oct 21 and I'm being bumped by newer orders as well. No rhyme or reason to the whole process from Ford.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree they are meaningless as are priorities AFTER you are selected. I’m Ford’s system priorities and timestamps are used to set the preview order. That’s it.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I agree they are meaningless as are priorities AFTER you are selected. I’m Ford’s system priorities and timestamps are used to set the preview order. That’s it.
Ford promised reservation timestamp will be "used to determine when your Bronco gets produced". Clearly, this is not the case.

Last edited:

maxey143

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My hope of getting a Bronco died long ago, I guess I am a masochist because I keep checking these forums. Reserved 9/16/20 and put orders in each time they started accepting them.

Edited: Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, after this I figured I would check the Ford backdoor link and says it's scheduled for the week of my birthday. No VIN but after nearly 2 years of nothing at all I'll take any shred of activity no doubt about that.

I guess even being a 2DR/SAS/2.7/hard top removing the tow package helped!!!! So friggin' excited!

Is this the backdoor link everyone is referencing?
https://www.ford.com/buy/manage.html?reservationId=1053XXXX

Sponsored

Luv9rove

Big Bend
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I got an official Ford email Friday stating a build date of 4/25/2022.

I dropped the whole 2021 model fiasco and placed a new order with a new dealer for a 2022 officially on 12/7/21. On 1/21/22, my dealer called me with my VIN and stated a build date of 3/14.

That date flew by like a bird, and obviously didn't happen. So, when I got the email, I don't think I even got excited.

However, this is the first time I have EVER got a direct email from Ford about my order, so I am at least cautiously optimistic.

HeatherJ

Outer Banks
First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No email from Ford, but I did call a few weeks ago and got not only my vin but my build date.

Jason Sandsux

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22? Bronco and 77 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
No email but my neighbor who ordered bare base the day before me got his email
This is a perfect example of what's wrong with how Ford's doing this. Your neighbor waited 2 months and just got notified and I've been waiting for the exact same vehicle for over a year now and haven't hear a thing yet. They're simply choosing short term profits over long term relationships.

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model