First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Got sick of being told Ford's allocation policy didn't allow Ford to honor Ford's 8/20 reservation for my Bronco ... bought a Jeep.
I’m also a 9/20 reservation holder and waiting. Keep in mind that those that placed their orders within this year are not receiving a build identical to ours. Their Broncos are a bit stripped down…not fully loaded (i.e., Sasquatch, hitch, Badlands, etc.). While they do have a Bronco, it’s not one I would have ordered. I’m willing to wait for the exact model and build that suits me.
Why is it hard to understand that Ford is prioritizing dealer allocations???
These points are all valid but do know, an early reservation means absolutely nothing.

You can look at the build week threads and find people with early reservations who got bumped then look in the build week spreadsheet and find new orders with the same configuration.

You can't blame this on dealer allocations. Nor can you use the excuse that new orders have simpiler configs.

I was in a build week with 60 people in the sheet. Just when the window stickers started coming out, two people got bumped. Both of the bumped builds had 7/16/2020 reservations, and the sheet shows newer orders with similar configs.
Sponsored

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

The forum needs a new category: New guy with new order, immediate build date...
Then an ignore tab to that subsection.
no, People just need to have the common sense (or decency which ever you prefer) not to post that they received a build date for an order that they just placed with no reservation when people with reservations that have been waiting since day one are still getting fucked by Ford.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nautilus, Samurai, 12v Dodge, Fiero, Karma Ghia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
no, People just need to have the common sense (or decency which ever you prefer) not to post that they received a build date for an order that they just placed with no reservation when people with reservations that have been waiting since day one are still getting fucked by Ford.
I think a lot of people placed orders with big dealers because they believed those big dealers about getting it faster that way. I almost did too, but decided to support my small town Dealership. I will also say that my local dealer is owned and run by good people. So that made the choice much easier.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think a lot of people placed orders with big dealers because they believed those big dealers about getting it faster that way. I almost did too, but decided to support my small town Dealership.
I ordered from one of the medium size dealerships that had given me a reasonably fair price on a New 2020 F-150. They only had around 400 orders at the time. Cities are allowed to charge sales tax here, and they are also one of the lower sales tax rates.

Just about every dealership in the state got an initial allocation of roughly 1/3rd their orders for MY21, and none of them got their full allocation because of all the issues.

Literally the only thing I added to my build was the AUX switches and Rapid Red (now changed to Hot Pepper) paint.

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I ordered from one of the medium size dealerships that had given me a reasonably fair price on a New 2020 F-150. They only had around 400 orders at the time. Cities are allowed to charge sales tax here, and they are also one of the lower sales tax rates.

Just about every dealership in the state got an initial allocation of roughly 1/3rd their orders for MY21, and none of them got their full allocation because of all the issues.

Literally the only thing I added to my build was the AUX switches and Rapid Red (now changed to Hot Pepper) paint.
I would think they have sold more than they had allocated and you were just to far down the list. I would be interested to here what the dealership is saying now. Because if it has been over a year and they still have your deposit, I would be pissed. If over a year, does that mean your order was 2021? How much deposit did you put down?

Sponsored

BottleShark

Badlands
First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order was April of 2021. It's not a year until next week. Missed the price protection cut-off by two weeks.
How much did you put down, and the dealer has been holding?

Nateandapril

Badlands
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands non Sas Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Each Dealer gets so many vehicles based on market and sales history. They aren't lying to you about limits but are leveling out some info. Ford puts a plan for how many Broncos they think will sale. Then look at the market and each Dealers sales and order history. Using that info they "Allocate" a how many each dealers are guaranteed. So then each dealer has their guarantee number of Broncos.
Then they start filling orders. If a dealer "A" has 50 allocated to them but 100 orders, they fill the 50 and then move to dealer "B" in line. Now the dealer "A" will get the 50 more on order. They just won't get them until all the guarantees are filled.
This is done to keep dealers happy and keep big city dealers from pushing out smaller dealers. My small dealer had around 10 allocated for 2022 and I guess I got lucky to get one of them. No conspiracy, just how it works.
Thank you for the answer. Makes sense now. So I may have inadvertently got lucky when I placed my order with a larger dealership in an urban area?

M4Madness

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
People just need to have the common sense (or decency which ever you prefer) not to post that they received a build date for an order that they just placed with no reservation when people with reservations that have been waiting since day one are still getting fucked by Ford.
I may be going against the grain here (and nothing against you personally), but this sentiment goes against the spirit in which this website was created. I'm new here, but I have no doubt that this place was created so that like-minded people could hang out in a friendly atmosphere and share in the excitement of a new Bronco owner and swap technical advice.

Instead, it is being tainted daily by some who have been waiting a long time for their orders to be filled. They wanted to be the first on their block to have a Bronco, and now others with short-time walk-in orders are "stealing their thunder".

Yes, the early reservation holders have a right to be upset, but they're directing their anger at the wrong entity. It is ZERO fault of an individual if their order is filled before a reservation holder's. NONE! There is no rite of passage that says someone has to "suffer" X amount of days before getting their Bronco. New Bronco owners are excited about getting theirs, and that excitement shouldn't be diminished. They aren't posting about new builds to "rub it in the faces of reservation holders", and shouldn't be chastised because of it.

Lay the blame where it belongs.

Sponsored

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
I may be going against the grain here (and nothing against you personally), but this sentiment goes against the spirit in which this website was created. I'm new here, but I have no doubt that this place was created so that like-minded people could hang out in a friendly atmosphere and share in the excitement of a new Bronco owner and swap technical advice.

Instead, it is being tainted daily by some who have been waiting a long time for their orders to be filled. They wanted to be the first on their block to have a Bronco, and now others with short-time walk-in orders are "stealing their thunder".

Yes, the early reservation holders have a right to be upset, but they're directing their anger at the wrong entity. It is ZERO fault of an individual if their order is filled before a reservation holder's. NONE! There is no rite of passage that says someone has to "suffer" X amount of days before getting their Bronco. New Bronco owners are excited about getting theirs, and that excitement shouldn't be diminished. They aren't posting about new builds to "rub it in the faces of reservation holders", and shouldn't be chastised because of it.

Lay the blame where it belongs.
Who on here is blaming a consumer who got lucky? I haven't seen it. But I'm absolutely grumpy much of the time when I see such a thing but yes it's not the poster's fault obviously. We're allowed to feel grumpy same as those who recently ordered and received their bronco are allowed to feel happy. 👍🏼

OP
OP
SZairborne

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

How does this make any sense? You make it sound like somehow I cheated to get my build. What needs to happen is people to get some thick skin. No one is controlling anything, except ford. It's beyond our control.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hope you’re not serious

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I also think Ford is targeting big Jeep areas. Around here you can not swing a dead cat without hitting a jeep and I now see new Broncos almost every time I go for a drive.
if that were the case, I'd have had mine the next day lol...I live in Houston, the 4th largest city in the US? And there are literally thousands of Jeeps. You can't walk out your front door without seeing a dozen of them drive by.

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

These points are all valid but do know, an early reservation means absolutely nothing.

You can look at the build week threads and find people with early reservations who got bumped then look in the build week spreadsheet and find new orders with the same configuration.

You can't blame this on dealer allocations. Nor can you use the excuse that new orders have simpiler configs.

I was in a build week with 60 people in the sheet. Just when the window stickers started coming out, two people got bumped. Both of the bumped builds had 7/16/2020 reservations, and the sheet shows newer orders with similar configs.
Reservation or dealer priority absolutely mean something. It’s the preview order at the dealer you ordered from. Ford’s system has been the same for the last 20 years. Reservation just trumps retail priority. They go through the preview in order looking at each dealers no 1 order. Each round preview is 3000 orders, second round 3000 looking at dealer’s #2 orders. Depending on where your dealer lands in the preview, commodities could be gone by the time they preview your order. If the dealer has no allocation or if the commodities are exhausted they just jump that build and the dealer will have the next build in his order previewed the next round. This is all done systematically.
Sponsored