Sponsored

What’s all needed to have color changing ambient lighting?

Broncobren

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WT High Pkg MIC Mod Bumper
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

following
Sponsored

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice. So looks like it can work...at least so far. Simple plug-n-play on the lights? Can you share part numbers needed and possible sources?
Still working on a bit more before a write up. with what I ordered drivers side was plug and play passenger side I had to change the connector. The forscan to turn things on. Still have not sure if ford has a light with the proper connector without having to swap for the passenger side. Not sure if the stock lights were this way but the passenger side seems dimmer than the drivers side. I ordered these they are identical in size to stock. I have to say they are not as bright or colorful as the aftermarket setups. But also very clean install and controls in the settings screen. Now a guy I’ve been working with to figure out cup holder ambient lighting has said the ‘22 F150’s the forscan is not letting them fully enable the color change. So for the ‘22’s this may not work.
Ford Bronco What’s all needed to have color changing ambient lighting? D1F55957-EC0B-4609-8953-B6E82483025A

goalie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Still working on a bit more before a write up. with what I ordered drivers side was plug and play passenger side I had to change the connector. The forscan to turn things on. Still have not sure if ford has a light with the proper connector without having to swap for the passenger side. Not sure if the stock lights were this way but the passenger side seems dimmer than the drivers side. I ordered these they are identical in size to stock. I have to say they are not as bright or colorful as the aftermarket setups. But also very clean install and controls in the settings screen. Now a guy I’ve been working with to figure out cup holder ambient lighting has said the ‘22 F150’s the forscan is not letting them fully enable the color change. So for the ‘22’s this may not work.
Ford Bronco What’s all needed to have color changing ambient lighting? Nd9GcRj0h-YMid8xOBmF864I8mkPIkYhAop5sH8wQ&usqp=CAU

How is this going? any news?

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to take my console apart and do the measurements but I think I have a replacement for the cup holder to get ambient light in them like the explorers and such have. Found a guy who makes harnesses for the ambient lighting on another forum he’s doing his thing. Hoping by the end of the month I can do a good write up.

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting closer 😳
Ford Bronco What’s all needed to have color changing ambient lighting? 9E19D5F8-92F7-4EC6-AC55-3F79BAAAD8B5

Last edited:

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You really need to make a detailed guide

but so far, order the f150 pieces for the footwell?

how plug and play is it, ill have to find a forscan guide later

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Part number for copy and paste

Fl3z-14a318-l
Fl3z-14a318-n

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You really need to make a detailed guide

but so far, order the f150 pieces for the footwell?

how plug and play is it, ill have to find a forscan guide later
yes for drivers side under dash plug and play. Passenger side the part I ordered which is listed in the post came with the wrong connector but I just swapped out the connector between the two lights. I unsoldered it from one led circuit board to the other. A guy could easily cut and but connect the wires back together. The cup holder well that’s just a mock up in the pictures and I have a lot of work to do to make it look good. That part is definitely not plug and play. Lots of trimming the console and new cup holder had to be done. Wiring harness I found a guy in a other forum but could easily be done if a guy could find the connector part numbers for a LOT less $$. Waiting on parts to finish the under seat lighting.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just need to find someone in Jersey or nyc who can FORScan it for me at that point, Id provide the parts

Sponsored
OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just need to find someone in Jersey or nyc who can FORScan it for me at that point, Id provide the parts
Forscan is worth downloading and activating. I’ve only done the free two month version. I hear guys having problems buying licenses as they are based out of Russia. It’s basically a forum site. I hope it doesn’t go away completely as it really is a useful tool. It’s worth it just to get rid of the double honk and ignition on chimes.

JoeSpeed

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr 2.3 Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Forscan is worth downloading and activating. I’ve only done the free two month version. I hear guys having problems buying licenses as they are based out of Russia. It’s basically a forum site. I hope it doesn’t go away completely as it really is a useful tool. It’s worth it just to get rid of the double honk and ignition on chimes.
oh I know, just didnt realize it was still around

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Awful nice of ford to put a rectangle hole the size of an ambient light under the seats. Just needs a little trim to sit flush. I’m getting close to wrapping this up and getting good pictures and info put together.
Ford Bronco What’s all needed to have color changing ambient lighting? 37942C02-2566-41D7-9DAF-756CD84101ED

FairPlayInc

Wildtrak
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Very cool stuff! Can’t wait to see the final write up. Thank you for this!

OP
OP
‘21OBX

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very cool stuff! Can’t wait to see the final write up. Thank you for this!
I’m trying to get a good write up going the weather is not cooperating for me to get some good pictures. And trying to type a big thing up on the phone is for the birds lol. Everything has been in and working well. I haven’t forgot about it.
Sponsored