Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Does the a/c drip out lower spoiler?

Haven’t driven in the rain, drove home with windows down, no humidity, no a/c. Vehicle had been parked for 2 hours at time of video. Noticed a puddle under the front end. Coming from the weep/drain hole.

Is this normal?

Do they all do this?

Update : Good news drip has slowed to approx 2 per minute. About 1 inch of what looks like water in bucket. I didn’t put the bucket under right away until I noticed puddle on the floor. No I still have not asked the wife to taste it. Her answer would still be: ‘No, are you crazy?’. Definitely looks and feels like water no smell with my limited sense. Seems to be coming from drain/weep hole in bumper. Still this would have been a sizable puddle on the garage floor.

Update part 2: Since the fluid appears to be just water (emptied pail on lawn and did not immediately die) I took a chance and drove the 15 miles to work, did not run A/C.

Plan: Leave work early at 1 to mow lawn. Check parking spot before leaving. If puddling/dripping will investigate further ie: remove plastic skid plate (there does appear to be hoses/lines with t-fittings that run from passenger side scuttle towards radiator and down). Will keep you updated.

Dealership would be next if I can't figure source. Probably don't have any loaner vehicles as they barely have any cars to sell.

I did not expect answers form this forum but I hoped and got a few laughs. Maybe a Ford engineer will chime in and say it's a drain plug and nothing to worry about.

Update part 3: So far the problem/issue fixed itself (my favorite fix). Ran a/c on the ride home last night and was dripping from middle of vehicle like all cars do normally. My bronco does have the forward camera so maybe the sprayer was leaking or valve was stuck? It was quite a bit of water coming from that side of bumper so thought it odd for not having been in the rain or through a car wash lately. Maybe mine was one of the cars caught in the flooding at MAP and it finally decided to leak out? Will keep an eye on it to see if it happens again. Thanks for all the suggestions and advice.

Sponsored

Last edited:

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Probably normal.

AC in modern cars run a lot more often than just when you have the “AC” on through the HVAC.

Or it could be a leak that needs to be addressed.

The question is what does it look/feel/smell/taste like.

If the answer to all 4 of those is “water” then I wouldn’t worry about it.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The question is what does it taste like.
Great, now we’re going to have a B6G member licking their driveway. Do you know what you’ve done now?!?

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great, now we’re going to have a B6G member licking their driveway. Do you know what you’ve done now?!?
Some of us already lick windows, it can't be much worse?

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Probably normal.

AC in modern cars run a lot more often than just when you have the “AC” on through the HVAC.

Or it could be a leak that needs to be addressed.

If the answer to all 4 of those is “water” then I wouldn’t worry about it.
Looks like H2O? Still haven’t gotten smell and taste back since November, thanks Covid.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Haha, this is the first thing that came to mind after reading that. Gives away my age, lol!

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Well typically AC systems release condensate near the evaporator, hot air over cool metal = condensation.

You're seeing liquid near the condenser / radiator so I don't know what to tell you.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Most of the time and A/C system "drains" by the firewall. This appears to be coming from just behind the bumper. I guess I'm confused as to why would a drain be behind the front bumper ?? Condensation from the A/C condenser ??? I've never seen that before. 🤔

coolant would not be clear H2O.

LSU Jonno

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I licked the high level instrument panel once.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most of the time and A/C system "drains" by the firewall. This appears to be coming from just behind the bumper. I guess I'm confused as to why would a drain be behind the front bumper ?? Condensation from the A/C condenser ??? I've never seen that before. 🤔

coolant would not be clear H2O.
Maybe it is condensation from the AC, following the “spaghetti” wiring under the hood (hope @Tricky Dick doesn’t mind me using that), and dropping closer to the front of the vehicle?

If you’re concerned, take it to your dealership for them to check it out. No harm in that; that’s why there’s a warranty.

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still dripping 4 hours later and I didn’t run the a/c on the way home. Would the condenser still be running if a/c was off?

I would ask the wife to taste it but I already know what she’ll say…

Last edited:

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Condensate. If it’s any color other than clear or doesn’t taste like nothing(water), it’s a problem.

edit: Just watched the video. If you aren’t running the a/c something isnt right.
Sponsored