Sponsored

What’s this metal piece under my Bronco?

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

My’23 has the deflector as well, just noticed it the other day as I gazed out the window of a Cafe. I find it ironic that my 2006 Honda Pilot had standard steel skid over the plastic gas tank… 🤨
lol yeah and now I can’t unsee it. I’m so hung up and confused about the fact they put a “deflector” and the skid plates on ford’s website are all for modular bumpers only. Mine is the regular one so I might need to look at other options
Sponsored

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Can you pls send me the link to the skid plate?
Sorry, don’t have a link at the moment, many manufacturers make skids. I chose RCI Off Road as they offered two different kinds, metal or aluminum. Aluminum was lighter, and like $200 more expensive. I wanted metal anyway. Here’s a quick pic, I’m in the middle of prepping my Bronco for Baja in a couple of weeks
IMG_3195.jpeg

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sorry, don’t have a link at the moment, many manufacturers make skids. I chose RCI Off Road as they offered two different kinds, metal or aluminum. Aluminum was lighter, and like $200 more expensive. I wanted metal anyway. Here’s a quick pic, I’m in the middle of prepping my Bronco for Baja in a couple of weeks
Ford Bronco What’s this metal piece under my Bronco? IMG_3195
Gotcha thanks yeah I was just looking at RCI. Are the fuel tank skid plates enough? There’s also skid plates for the transfer case and others for the transmission so I’m confused as to which ones to get. Also enjoy the trip!

OP
OP
TXBronco1313

TXBronco1313

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Gotcha thanks yeah I was just looking at RCI. Are the fuel tank skid plates enough? There’s also skid plates for the transfer case and others for the transmission so I’m confused as to which ones to get. Also enjoy the trip!
If you don't have any, I'd look at getting a set that has everything matching. Note that you want to try and get ones that work with the stock mounts.

I got the SFR full plate set, which is much beefier than the OEM and most other plates. They also have options for the different bumpers.

https://www.stinkyfab.com/collectio...cts/coming-soon-6g-bronco-full-skid-plate-set

Baja Bronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco, 20 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Get what you want / need. I did not get a transfer case one, it’s metal so it can take some abuse. Same with fuel tank, using stock skid. Plastic underneath IMO, is an accident waiting to happen.

Thanks! Going to Baja is really fun!

Dirtrider

Black Diamond
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Strange. Wife's WT doesn't have skids covering the gas tank, but doesn't have this either... But you are missing the crossmembers that connect.

Ford Bronco What’s this metal piece under my Bronco? IMG_3195
Looks like you have the tapped hole/nuts in place. Might be a worthwhile and easy add-on/update to the 2024 design change.
Sponsored