Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've watched a couple of his videos but I've become very suspicious of him lately and think his videos are 100% staged and stopped watching them.

Free publicity for him and free publicity for the Bronco drivers who have their own companies selling off road "leveling kits", lights, etc.

Think about it, the "stuck" drivers pay Matt $100 an hour to get them unstuck in exchange for their trucks to be seen on his channel by millions of people.

Kind of like "Storage Wars" where A&E would buy items and put them in the storage units and even tell the cast members what's in it.

https://www.looper.com/12634/untold-truth-storage-wars/

Evidence:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/matts-offroad-recovery-of-a-bronco-in-desert-dunes.51161/

The last video is from DV8 Offtroad and in their YouTube channel description they write:

"It's our mission to make the best looking and most durable & functional aftermarket Bronco, Jeep, & truck products on the market. "
Recently they have had some staged rescues. And Matt looks annoyed about it. You can tell because it's someone like BrocBuster.

But the vast majority are real.
Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think about it, the "stuck" drivers pay Matt $100 an hour to get them unstuck in exchange for their trucks to be seen on his channel by millions of people.
Most of the ones that make it to the tubes don't pay. He's said it a few times, but it's no official policy so he can still charge someone if he thinks they got stuck on purpose.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've watched a couple of his videos but I've become very suspicious of him lately and think his videos are 100% staged and stopped watching them.

Free publicity for him and free publicity for the Bronco drivers who have their own companies selling off road "leveling kits", lights, etc.

Kind of like "Storage Wars" where A&E would buy items and put them in the storage units and even tell the cast members what's in it.

https://www.looper.com/12634/untold-truth-storage-wars/

Evidence:

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/matts-offroad-recovery-of-a-bronco-in-desert-dunes.51161/

The last video is from DV8 Offtroad and in their YouTube channel description they write:

"It's our mission to make the best looking and most durable & functional aftermarket Bronco, Jeep, & truck products on the market. "
I have no idea if you're right but it's absolutely a fair question to ask in 2023.

Rwhite692

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Blazer, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I don't think that very many of the recoveries are staged but for off-road products companies, it's an irresistible marketing win for them to go out and have a "breakdown" in Matt's backyard. Huge exposure.

Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don’t personally believe there’s a ton of staging going on in their videos but even it there was I don’t necessarily see the big deal. We either enjoy the entertainment and watch certain things or we don’t.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Good to see hard work pays!
Thanks for posting. Matt's generosity is great to see, the teen drives the Banana up a difficult section on his birthday . . . Nice to see the community behind Matt's OffRoad.
ALSO, you see the off-road community of different makes and models, all enjoying each other's rigs and supporting each other.

mike8675309

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco ManSquatch, 2023 Chevy Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's likely because you've only seen less than a handful of them. His channel has been going on for years. The area he covers is extremely popular so it's not necessarily a surprise to find people going crazy and breaking stuff there. Now for sure these guys know about his company, no he films stuff, and surely will be calling him first. But the reality is there isn't many other options in that area. Their are only so many folks in the area that have equipment built sufficiently to do that kind of work.

Here is one from 3 years ago where he was pulling out buried pickup trucks with his CJ.
Sponsored