Sponsored

What are you cross-shopping the Bronco against?

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So I'm all in on the Bronco, but when it comes time to actually place my order, I will be looking at a few different vehicles to get an idea if the Bronc is really what I want to buy. So tell us, what are you cross shopping the Bronco against and why?

If I order a Bronco, it'll probably be a 2-dr Badlands, 2.7 auto, High Package, Towing Package, Roof rack. Looking at about $50k invoice w/ destination.

Here's what I'm looking at to compare:
2021 F-150 XLT Super Crew w/ 3.5 Hybrid (or 3.5 EB / 5.0 V8) FX4 package - $49k MSRP
2020 F-250 XLT Super Crew w/ 7.3 V8 & Tremor Package - $51k MSRP
2nd Gen. Raptor Super Crew - $45k-$55k depending on miles

And then out of left field:
Jeep TJ soft-top/half doors w/ I6 + 18ft. bowrider boat - $30k-$40k total

The topless cruising that the Bronco and Jeep provide call to me, but also I like big vehicles and big engines, so that F-250 w/ Tremor is really enticing (especially if I can find one with $10k on the hood like most full-size trucks). I have NO need for a truck (but I also have no need for a Bronco).

What will you all be looking at instead of the Bronco? I assume lots of 4Runners and Gladiators?
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Cybertruck - Electric, more comfort, can tow more, less off-road capability, no convertible
Raptor/TRX - More performance, more comfort, can tow more, somewhat less off-road capability, no convertible, $20-$40k more cost
Jeep Gladiator - Same as the Bronco in most things, Truck bed utility, looks like shit unless you lift, change wheels/tires, and modify it, less comfortable (Guessing)

OP
OP
SuckItMcGee

SuckItMcGee

Base
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Flex EB, 2020 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

People are thinking about buying something besides a Bronco?
Hey, it's a lot of money, I'd rather take the time to look at my options (which is all we have right now - lots and lots of time) and make the right decision, hoping I wont have buyer's remorse afterwards.

I also look at my other options which I can buy used, and let someone else take the brunt of the depreciation. Can't do that on the 2021 Bronco which doesn't exist yet!

Sponsored

Phil_68w10

Big Bend
First Name
Phillip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Currently Iā€™ve got a ā€˜16 F150 with the 5.0. Iā€™m eying a Bas Bronco with the 2.7 and keeping my F150 as a dedicated work truck and the bronco as my daily.

However, Iā€™m also looking at trading my truck in for a gladiator if I canā€™t find a good deal or if I have a bad experience with my chosen dealer.

1st4rd

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crosstrek, Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm comparing it to all the other extremely capable off road, 4-door, body on frame trucks that are fun to drive, have removable roof / doors, and have a manual with a crawler gear. It's gonna be a tough choice...

ausherpharmd

Black Diamond
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Tucson
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not a lot right now. There isn't much of there I like. Nothing excites me. Maybe the Rivians, but don't think I'll have the dough for it.

Sponsored

Steamroller72

Black Diamond
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM Sport Quad Cab
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RAM Rebel or Power Wagon, but I'm not willing to pay 55-60k for something I want less than a Black Diamond 7 speed, which comes in under 40k.

MJJ

Wildtrak
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon, Jeep Wagoneer, Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Originally considered a

1) raptor especially with the rumored predator engine (gt500 mill) - too big to fit in the garage
2) new defender - like the Bronco better
3) Shelby cobra 427 - unpractical but desire factor high, dangerous, expensive since I already have a JL Rubicon
4) Ford Bronco badlands/wildtrak. Why? Because the wife likes to steal the Jeep and drive it often on nice days. I want my own open sky 4 wheeler so I donā€™t have to share.

The likely plan - purchase Bronco and then custom order 427 replica in 2023.

icd70

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m cross shopping a Bronco Wildtrak with a Bronco Badlands. ?
Hey that's the someone I'm cross shopping against. Let me know what you choose! I'm probably going to end up with the Wild Trak as it will spend a lot more time on the road than off. But then I'm like, in a few years I might want to just make it a off-road toy. Then I will be sorry I didn't get the Badlands. Man my first world problems really suck...LOL

NCOBX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
H2 Hummer, Holden Commodore
Your Bronco Model
Base
I donā€™t need anymore vehicles but I imagine the only other thing that strikes my fancy right now and could take place of the Bronco would be the F250 Tremor with 7.3L and 4.30 rear end. That engine/gearing package is sex.

I think, after my experience with the 2.7L Iā€™m going to be sorely disappointed in both Bronco drivetrains by means of how well they deliver power alone. So the F250 is always a realistic choice as a nice daily driver that can quickly hop off road in a pinch. Obviously Iā€™d still keep my current off-road truck as it has been an absolute beast.

Spooled

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

2019+ Ram 2500 Power Wagon
2020+ F-250 Tremor 7.3
2017+ F-150 Raptor