Sponsored

What are you trading in to get your new Bronco?

Jer

Badlands
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands,2017 F350, 2023 F150L, 1976 K20
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Trading in 56000 greenbacks for the “privilege” of buying a Bronco.

jcgcbns22

Outer Banks
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My baby. 2016 Nitrous Blue Ford Focus RS. In heaven due to a winter accident. Bronco is winning me over, but I miss her. JCG

05A28828-9DF8-4C66-BD79-A67CA5469CFF.jpeg

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I wanted to create a fun thread about what your trading in to get your new bronco. I'm thinking about either my 2019 ranger or my 2017 mustang gt. Mustangs in Colorado are summer vehicles only and my ranger xlt is soo nice that I'm having heartache trading it in. What are you trading in? and why?
2013 FJ!

1B4BBC64-8C79-4DFE-9299-4B4758E4CBFF.jpeg

RSHart

Badlands
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2013 FJ Cruiser, 2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Mommyrocker

Black Diamond
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki Vulcan 650
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Sold my bmw M 235i at the end of December. Hopping to come out of production limbo while I can still get the sales tax credit. This was the best car I’ve ever driven but impractical for my life.
Ford Bronco What are you trading in to get your new Bronco? F938338B-0440-4F08-A704-50D5A746A41C

Feeleyman_

Base
First Name
K.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Base
I wanted to create a fun thread about what your trading in to get your new bronco. I'm thinking about either my 2019 ranger or my 2017 mustang gt. Mustangs in Colorado are summer vehicles only and my ranger xlt is soo nice that I'm having heartache trading it in. What are you trading in? and why?
2019 wrx with performance package.

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sold my bmw M 235i at the end of December. Hopping to come out of production limbo while I can still get the sales tax credit. This was the best car I’ve ever driven but impractical for my life.
Ford Bronco What are you trading in to get your new Bronco? F938338B-0440-4F08-A704-50D5A746A41C
Tell me more about this “sales tax credit”. Bronco will be my first new car purchase and first trading in a car as well.

As for me, a 2009 CRV base model with 145k on it :p

Mommyrocker

Black Diamond
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki Vulcan 650
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Tell me more about this “sales tax credit”. Bronco will be my first new car purchase and first trading in a car as well.

As for me, a 2009 CRV base model with 145k on it :p
so I know in Missouri this is how it goes…. you only have to pay sales tax on the difference between the cost of you old car and the price of your new car. So I was charged sales tax on my bmw when I bought it. now I sold it for let’s say $20k. And I bought my bronco For let’s say $30k. i have a bill of sale saying I sold my bmw and the price. And I have the purchase of the new bronco. So with that I only pay taxes on the $10k difference. it saves a chunk on taxes.

your crv could knock a couple hundred off. Dealers are being decently generous with trade ins. Just use Kelly blue book to see what yours is worth. Some dealers are offering Kelly blue book for cars or even a little more since used cars are in high demand. Hondas have decent resale. My daughter drives a 2006 crv and that thing just keeps going! I figured selling mine outright would get me the Best deal So that is why I went that route. It sold in 24 hours. People are out there searching!

one word of recommendation. Don’t ditch your car until the bronco says shipped. I sold mine right before i expected it to go into production. Now I’m in production limbo with an estimated delivery date of end of May. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Snappy22

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Honda Pilot, 2022 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so I know in Missouri this is how it goes…. you only have to pay sales tax on the difference between the cost of you old car and the price of your new car. So I was charged sales tax on my bmw when I bought it. now I sold it for let’s say $20k. And I bought my bronco For let’s say $30k. i have a bill of sale saying I sold my bmw and the price. And I have the purchase of the new bronco. So with that I only pay taxes on the $10k difference. it saves a chunk on taxes.

your crv could knock a couple hundred off. Dealers are being decently generous with trade ins. Just use Kelly blue book to see what yours is worth. Some dealers are offering Kelly blue book for cars or even a little more since used cars are in high demand. Hondas have decent resale. My daughter drives a 2006 crv and that thing just keeps going! I figured selling mine outright would get me the Best deal So that is why I went that route. It sold in 24 hours. People are out there searching!

one word of recommendation. Don’t ditch your car until the bronco says shipped. I sold mine right before i expected it to go into production. Now I’m in production limbo with an estimated delivery date of end of May. 🤦🏻‍♀️
Thanks for the info! I will research here in NJ. Sounds like you have a time limit between the transactions, and sorry to hear you’re in limbo! Good luck!!

Sponsored

Mommyrocker

Black Diamond
First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kawasaki Vulcan 650
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Thanks for the info! I will research here in NJ. Sounds like you have a time limit between the transactions, and sorry to hear you’re in limbo! Good luck!!
Yes. The tax credit is good for 6 months. So hoping the bronco shows up in the next 5 months. Good luck to you! enjoy!

whitejb3

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Area 51
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Sold my 2022 Genesis GV70. Wish the bronco had auto hold brakes in traffic. I miss that feature.

hsun85

Base
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Off Road Premium
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Im trading in my fiat, currency, not the car brand.

KAB

Badlands
First Name
Karim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 MB W460 G-Wagen MT, 2008 BMW M3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1984 MB W460 G-wagen (280 GE) Manual Transmission (Still for sale)

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Traded 2019 Tundra double cab SR5 4x4 and 2007 2 door manual Wrangler Rubicon. I figured with a Bronco I wouldn’t need a Jeep and my budget would be a bit tight without trading the Tundra.

I’ll be looking for a little trailer to fill the gap of not having a truck bed available.
Sponsored