Sponsored

What did you fit in your jack area cubby hole?

dweskamp

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GMC truck
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 frag grenades, 500 rnds 223, CMMG banshee, 10 30 rnd mags, Rambo knife, and a snickers bar. Not a joke folks.
Sponsored

Last edited:

bytheway

Badlands
First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jump box & a small tool kit so far. Room for more.

Dangerdad1101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘12 Ram Cummins
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I also jumped on that Tough Stuff deal when it was posted and picked those black and yellow shackles. You got some style, OP.

Superstition

Badlands
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Rubicon unlimited tricked out
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
carb cleaner, starting fluid, electrical tape, spare set of spark plugs, as many hand tools as will fit, WD-40 and zip ties.
Sounds like a guy who's been way out in a jeep ;)

Seriously though, if you're 100 miles from anywhere like I often am in my Rubicon, it drivess the list of recovery gear, tools and repair stuff that you'll want haul around. I once lost a serpentine belt 88 miles from the pavement. That ain't no fun, but if you carry one for a Jeep it's an easy replacement in the field.

If I ever get my Badlands/SAS I plan to be very far from pavement quite often. If you're wondering what kind of stuff you should be carrying to be in far out remote places check out this website. It is Jeep specific, but 95% of this is needed for a new Bronco too: https://www.thelonejeeper.ca/Become-a-Lone-Jeeper.html

Sponsored

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Isn't that the cocaine compartment? ;)

RyanRallyX

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Tacoma, '12 Pilot, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Quite possibly true. I wondered the same right after I posted it.
I plan on doing some research on it.
To start I’m going to search old posts where people were talking about the different makes and models of compressors before I buy.
But I AM getting one to put in it directly on delivery.
plan on doing some desert trails and airing down on my way home. Be nice to get them back up out there in the remote areas.
cheap ViAir 300P 33% duty cycle and takes 5 min per tire. I want better but not $1000 unit, either.
https://sherpa4x4.com/products/sherpa-12v-air-compressor-big-air

That’s the best bang for the Buck I have found.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Pretty interesting, never seen it before, read up on it.
It has an insane amp draw (100!?), but an equally insane CFM. That's a hoss of an compressor.

I'm looking hard at this one below (or the ARB equivalent).

I'm not a "brand snob" by any means and will be more than happy to buy an off brand or different main brand if it performs and lasts. US made preferred heavily...

Amazon.com: VIAIR 450P-RV Silver Automatic Portable Compressor Kit (45053), 1 Pack : Automotive

Sponsored
OP
OP
Werkedperformance

Werkedperformance

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 4dr 7MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty interesting, never seen it before, read up on it.
It has an insane amp draw (100!?), but an equally insane CFM. That's a hoss of an compressor.

I'm looking hard at this one below (or the ARB equivalent).

I'm not a "brand snob" by any means and will be more than happy to buy an off brand or different main brand if it performs and lasts. US made preferred heavily...

Amazon.com: VIAIR 450P-RV Silver Automatic Portable Compressor Kit (45053), 1 Pack : Automotive
It seems to have reviews to back it up. Its a beast, but relatively cheap, but I cant see that not getting too hot down the Hole. I'd like to see the right rear panel room where the sub box would be. I could see rigging up a relay to cut on the compressor power and turn on a small fan with a vent hole or two in the panel.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It seems to have reviews to back it up. Its a beast, but relatively cheap, but I cant see that not getting too hot down the Hole. I'd like to see the right rear panel room where the sub box would be. I could see rigging up a relay to cut on the compressor power and turn on a small fan with a vent hole or two in the panel.
Yeah, I may abandon the whole "storing it in the cubby" idea now that I've spent some time really investigating these systems. Probably just put some recovery gear in there (tree savers, soft shackles, gloves, etc).
I already have a small HD canvas bag of recovery strapping, D rings and such, may just get a portable compressor (talked about it in another thread just now) and just got with that for a while until I decide to hard-mount and wire in one.
I like to portability aspect, but as we all know, space is premium. And once you have a small bag of recovery stuff, a relatively small compressor bag, First Aid kit, etc...you can really start to run out of usable room for gear/luggage and just have too much "gear-type stuff".

TiredOldMedic

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 Mercury Grand Marquis, 86 Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So thinking about on board air…. I’d be worried about overheating the compressor without air flow? It can’t breathe well in there, without a vent…. Thoughts on this?

Im still torn on going powertank or compressor. Both have trade offs
I just pulled the trigger on a powertank.

EBG

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71EB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

A forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.
Sponsored