Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco 2-dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What happened? Is this a known flaw?
I had one of the manual transmissions with the grinding/scraping noise. Could only hear it in the winter/colder months. Could hear it in winter of '22 but didn't pay much attention, until this thread came along and it was a widespread issue.

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...n-scraping-noise-grinding-sound.33282/page-65

Heard the sound sometime in the summer of '23. Sound was pretty constant in winter of '23, took it to the dealer with the TSB. They ordered parts, took apart the transmission, found other damage. Those parts were on national backorder forever, so they just ordered a new transmission. They had my Bronco for about a 2 weeks total, nice quick turnaround. No grinding/scraping sound now after about 2k miles, knock on wood.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Too bad you couldn't keep this too. That's a beautiful ride.
Yah, only had about 50k on it as well. It was tough. I lost a decent amount on the trade in.

I was considering keeping it, but it would just sit around. To be honest, I got it because I always wanted to have an FJ. As cool as it was, it just wasn't quite what I wanted. I figured someone else will enjoy it way more than I, so I traded it in on my FE. No regrets (other than these annoying electrical gremlins my Bronco possesses - and I use that word with purpose. Sometimes I think my Bronco electrical system is possessed).

drmdwebb

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4-door Wildtrak in Hot Pepper Red
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 4dr Wildtrak Sas replaced this:

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? IMG_6581

I decided to go with the Bronco when this happened:

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? IMG_2031

No regrets whatsoever!!

91tii

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, BMW E30
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I sold my 2011 BMW 328i touring. It was a nearly fully optioned RWD/sport package (most are AWD), that also had the extremely rare OEM performance Aero bodywork, m-performance exhaust, etc... I sold it to a friend and now I see it all the time lol.
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? 1705594106358

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? 1705594212441

I do miss it and I'd probably still have it if it was a manual, but I have been enjoying the Bronco so much I don't regret the change at all.

What I do regret is selling the car that the touring replaced... 1999 BMW M3, Alpine white on Modena interior. It wasnt the cleanest example, but that was the most fun daily driver and part time racecar I've ever had. I'd buy another in a heartbeat if I had the space and values hadn't exploded immediately after I sold it.
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? 1705594603397

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? 1705594804499

Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? 1705594396490

Last edited:

Sponsored

KingWillard

Black Diamond
First Name
Willard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Black Diamond 2.3 MT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? IMG_1983

Sometimes I miss it a little, but the Bronco is more fun to drive and looks better.

Lock

Base
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? IMG_7950

2006 Nissan Xterra. Dealership only offered me $500 for trade-in so it’s going to WV to be a plow truck on my parent’s land.

CapeCodCash

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco and 14 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco ("Shifty") replaced my 3rd and last 2013 Jeep Wrangler. It wasn't an easy decision. I bought a LIFETIME Warranty on the Jeep (for obvious reasons). So if something major STB, I only had to pay $100. Plus it only had 48K miles on it, so I had more miles to go. But the first Bronco commercial I saw turned my head around like Linda Blair in the Exorcist and I only looked back at my Jeep to say Bah Bah Bye 👋 👋 😆

Hannaboy78

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Nissan Armada
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2001 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab. 4.7L V8. Loved that truck but it was beginning to cost me time and money almost every time I drove it.
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? PXL_20210411_191418270
Ford Bronco What did your Bronco replace? PXL_20210411_191241514
Sponsored