Sponsored

What do all of us future Bronco owners do for a living?

WillyS

Big Bend
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The thread about how old everyone is got me thinking. I'm curious what new Bronco buyers do for a living.

I'll start - I own a rum distillery. Used to own www.corvetteforum.com. Was in software prior to that.
I'm a manger for a large printing company, aka dying breed.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is a really cool thread. I was a Wildlife biologist making no money and bored so I bullshitted my way into a job in aerospace (unmanned systems) and now I run special projects for a division of the company. Next step is to start something of my own and get out of the corporate world.

I wanted to be a wildlife biologist growing up. I had planned to go to a particular school for that when my Dad, a former football coach turned HS guidance counselor, told to to check 3 things first. Degree required, job availability, and pay. After doing that, I figured out the schooling with masters degree would be more than I could afford, I'd probably have to move somewhere I didn't want to live for a job, and I'd make less than a school teacher.

Best advice I ever got. Still think it would be a cool job, but glad I didn't try to feed the family doing it.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wanted to be a wildlife biologist growing up. I had planned to go to a particular school for that when my Dad, a former football coach turned HS guidance counselor, told to to check 3 things first. Degree required, job availability, and pay. After doing that, I figured out the schooling with masters degree would be more than I could afford, I'd probably have to move somewhere I didn't want to live for a job, and I'd make less than a school teacher.

Best advice I ever got. Still think it would be a cool job, but glad I didn't try to feed the family doing it.
Yeah I knew what I was getting into pay wise when I went into it, and I had a blast doing it for a while. It was more that I got bored and didn't like working for the government.

I had a lot of experiences I'll never forget so I don't have any regrets from it, but glad I moved on.

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is a really cool thread. I was a Wildlife biologist making no money and bored so I bullshitted my way into a job in aerospace (unmanned systems) and now I run special projects for a division of the company. Next step is to start something of my own and get out of the corporate world.
when i was a kid i wanted to be a marine biologist it was the time of j. Cousteau went to see him at a confrence and after i was able to meet him he said when i get older i could work for him wow.
Then i got my wings and though i still love fish and the sea the rush was too much to pass up! Funny how you life path turns out,thanksgiving dinner a brother of my gf told me about his job all night hes an accountant . I couldnt do what he does ,and he couldnt do what i did .

Sponsored

MotownSpartan

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Escape XLT 6cyl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Raised in MI outside of DET, MSU BS CS/EE Grad... +30 years in Semiconductor New Product Development. TI (Texas, 24 short years) > LSI (MN, 2 long years) > RFMD (now Qorvo) (NC, 8 years).... Texas too hot, MN too cold, NC Just Right!

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

when i was a kid i wanted to be a marine biologist it was the time of j. Cousteau went to see him at a confrence and after i was able to meet him he said when i get older i could work for him wow.
Then i got my wings and though i still love fish and the sea the rush was too much to pass up! Funny how you life path turns out,thanksgiving dinner a brother of my gf told me about his job all night hes an accountant . I couldnt do what he does ,and he couldnt do what i did .

My son-in-law is a fish biologist (yeah, don't know the official title). I've taken him flying several times and tried to convince him to get his license and try to get on with the US F&W Service as a flying biologist. Seems like that would be a cool job.

Slotshot

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

COO for a radiology company. We provide a large percentage of the radiologists for the N. Texas area.

Pl8to

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My son-in-law is a fish biologist (yeah, don't know the official title). I've taken him flying several times and tried to convince him to get his license and try to get on with the US F&W Service as a flying biologist. Seems like that would be a cool job.
I didn't fly, but did ride in a ton of rotary and fixed winged aircraft while doing surveys and captures. Was a ton of fun and is definitely the highlight for a lot of biologists. I think it might be the highest cause if death for biologists as well, but it is what it is.

Much of it will be getting replaced with UAVs soon enough though, so that part of the job will start to go away. Not as much fun but safer.

Sponsored

WCP-82

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Police officer, sort of. I am the patrol division captain. Last time I was driving a cruiser it was a Crown Vic with just a radio and light/siren switches. I joke with the kids, yes kids, several are younger than my daughter, that they would have to train me if I ever had to go back on the road again.

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Engineer wrangler. My folks use robots and lasers to make airplanes.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After reading 53 pages of mostly bad asses, I realize Iā€™m just a loser. Actually just a welder, but Iā€™m hoping the 3 kids Iā€™ve raised on my own will be able to be successful.

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

After reading 53 pages of mostly bad asses, I realize Iā€™m just a loser. Actually just a welder, but Iā€™m hoping the 3 kids Iā€™ve raised on my own will be able to be successful.

I do NOT consider a welder a loser job. Don't fall into that woke trap. YOU are what keeps this country moving along with many other professions. Ever heard of Mike Rowe ??? Dirty Jobs ??????

Hilarious !!!!! But he always makes the point that without these people, doing these jobs, WE WOULD NOT HAVE COUNTRY.

TonySTL

Outer Banks
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Geologist, but primarily spend my time managing clients and preparing environmental reports.
Sponsored