Sponsored

What do we know about the default stereo?

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yes I searched - didn't find anything at all other than threads about replacing speakers with better ones.

I'm curious about the functionality of the stereo that comes in the base Bronco. Can it play MP3 CDs? Both of my other Fords can do that. Can it play MP3 files from the USB thumb drive? I do that regularly in my Escape. Except that it's annoying that it will occasionally decide that it has too much information and a really rude voice will complain about it every time you start the car. And the only way to reset it is to stick a couple of different USB drives in, then put the original back in. I don't care about connecting to my phone for music.

So, is this information available somewhere currently?
Sponsored

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Good questions. I'd like to know if the B&O will ever be a stand alone option. PLEASE MAKE THIS A STANDALONE OPTION. Or at least a High package option. LOL.

JGuske23

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep compass
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes I searched - didn't find anything at all other than threads about replacing speakers with better ones.

I'm curious about the functionality of the stereo that comes in the base Bronco. Can it play MP3 CDs? Both of my other Fords can do that. Can it play MP3 files from the USB thumb drive? I do that regularly in my Escape. Except that it's annoying that it will occasionally decide that it has too much information and a really rude voice will complain about it every time you start the car. And the only way to reset it is to stick a couple of different USB drives in, then put the original back in. I don't care about connecting to my phone for music.

So, is this information available somewhere currently?
Definetly no cd player, curious why you don't want to use your phone for music? Wireless carplay and Android auto make playing music from your phone a breeze

Skeletor

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Whip
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have not seen a CD player on any interior shots of the new Bronco. The Sync system will handle MP3's from a thumb drive just fine.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Can it play MP3 CDs? Can it play MP3 files from the USB thumb drive?
I doubt it can play MP3 CDs, as I see no CD-slot. Seems that is almost becoming obsolete.
I'd like to know whether it has an old-fashioned audio-jack input to plug in an external device, or if it has only wireless options.

Sponsored

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn’t come with an audio output for my record player. That much I DO know...

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I think it has already been established..... standard audio is an “8” track player. You need to upgrade to High to get the “12” LP player!

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Other then the number of speakers, is there any info on the B&O? Does it have a HD tuner? I saw no mention.

We are ordering sight unseen. You would think there would be a little more info on this stuff.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think it has already been established..... standard audio is an “8” track player. You need to upgrade to High to get the “12” LP player!
LOL, I saw that in one of the other threads....
Ford Bronco What do we know about the default stereo? Player

Sponsored
OP
OP
Scott R Nelson

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Okay, thanks for the replies.

I'll just get a box of USB Flash Drives and stick all of my music on those. My phone isn't big enough to hold everything I would want to be able to play and I don't really want to deal with trying to put music on a phone and organize it how I want anyway.

As for the CD and MP3 CD being obsolete, I still have a bunch of those that I use in my current cars. It takes more work to organized it all on a different medium. I would probably have more on USB flash drives if the stereo in the Escape weren't so screwed up when it gets a big list of music.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Okay, thanks for the replies.

I'll just get a box of USB Flash Drives and stick all of my music on those. My phone isn't big enough to hold everything I would want to be able to play and I don't really want to deal with trying to put music on a phone and organize it how I want anyway.

As for the CD and MP3 CD being obsolete, I still have a bunch of those that I use in my current cars. It takes more work to organized it all on a different medium. I would probably have more on USB flash drives if the stereo in the Escape weren't so screwed up when it gets a big list of music.
Obviously do what works best for you, but since the new bronco will have Apple CarPlay - if you have an iPhone and pay $9 per month for Spotify, you can have unlimited access to 99% of all available music (including custom radio stations) that will populate and be controllable from the touch screen whenever your phone is plugged in.

This has worked great for me and i don’t miss mp3s at all. You don’t have to store the music locally it just streams them as you play. Or you can store playlists or individual songs locally on the phone if you frequently don’t have cell service or unlimited data. It sounds complicated but it’s really not.

I believe you can use an android phone also but I’m not positive.

also CarPlay means all your other apps sync up to the car screen as well, like google maps. It basically just turns your cars touch screen into an extension of your phone, if that makes sende

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It doesn’t come with an audio output for my record player.
You would need an audio INPUT jack for that, not OUTPUT.
But further to the point, an audio input jack to a stereo head unit is useful for hooking up many devices - most of them a bit more modern than the record player. Yes, wireless is the new norm, but audio jacks are not obsolete.

Sampsonrustic

Base
First Name
Sampson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I like to go places with zero phone signal. That's specifically what I'm getting Bronco to do. So something like CarPlay isn't going to work up in the hills.
like I said you can still use this setup without cell service. CarPlay itself does not require cell service, it’s just how the car interacts with your phone.

with an application like Spotify on your phone, you can store as much music locally as you want .Again do what works for you but I think the new CarPlay systems have come a long way and are awesome once you learn how to use them and are worth a look.

If you need 10+ GBs of music then I could see why you would want to use a thumb drive,so again it depends on your situation.
Sponsored