Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

We have seven cars (Bronco, Atlas, Elantra, Versa, Yaris iA, Samurai, 1966 Olds 442) and three drivers ages 17, 19, and 21 and my youngest is getting her license soon. It isn’t pretty.

Jason
Let's see that 442.
Sponsored

FreddieLee

Wildtrak
First Name
Freddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Unfortunately, I live in the car capital of the world, and to make matters worse (as far as insurance), I live in Los Angeles County. No accidents, no tickets, perfect driving record, and the drive to work is 5 miles. My insurance is $178 per month.

On the brighter side, I own my Bronco, so no car payment.

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
700-ish per 6 months. I never do payments if it can be avoided.

HolidayDog

Everglades
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

I’m in MT and I was shocked when my new insurance bill came….i am paying $225/month.

I need to shop around or get a higher deductible. I got a quote before I bought the car….she said it’s not that much more, only like $180 more….she was referring to $180 more per month, not $180 for 6 months.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some of you probably need to review your policy and see what you are actually paying for. There is no such thing as "full coverage". You are only covered to the limit of your policy. There's about 10 or so options that most car insurance companies provide. Some of it you need, some of it you may not. You also should know what your liability limits are and whether it's realistic or not. I have assets and do not want sued.

Your deductible should be a realistic number that you could pay at any given time without having to worry about other bills. That might be a little or a lot. If you only have one vehicle, you should probably have rental covered, but if you have a fleet it's not needed. You may or may not need off work assistance from an injury. Gap coverage, full replacement, etc. Lots of options.

It's always hard to tell how much you really pay for one vehicle when you have several bundled together as different companies structure policy rates differently.

I have USAA and live in an at fault state. My state does not require PIP, UD, or UID insurance as some do, although I do carry all that. My state, like almost every other state, has liability minimums based on the cost of things in the 70s. I'd be a fool to only carry that amount.

I have 300/500/300, comp, collision, UD, UID, PIP, towing/road side assist with $1000 deductibles. Cost is around $80/month for the Bronco portion of the four vehicles on the policy. I'm sure if I only had one vehicle the price structure would look different.

The crazy thing about insurance is I have a 2017 RAV4 that costs 30% more than the 2021 Bronco to insure.

Last edited:

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

By full coverage I mean: $150k/$300k/$150k, $300k underinsured motorist coverage, $100k hit and run, $100k personal injury, $200 comprehensive and collision deductibles, 30 day rental coverage, no roadside coverage (I have it through Ford, AAA, and a couple of credit cards). I’ve never had an at-fault accident, and my last speeding ticket was 23 years ago. All this for under $75 a month. Sure, you can pay for more coverage, but this is a good balance for me.
There is no such thing as "full coverage" Why not a $1,000,000 CSL?

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

$60 per month.