Sponsored

Ford, you can delay all you want on the Bronco release. I’m set for now.

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So today was a bitter sweet day because I traded in my 2013 JKU wrangler with 86,000 miles on the odometer for a beautiful platinum pearl white 2017 Honda SI with 21,000 miles on it and still under factory warranty. Pretty much a well used jeep for car trade, as Wrangler holds up in value at least for today. My Wrangler was bare bones stock from the factory with manual windows and door locks. It could use five new 35” tires, and brakes all around so I wasn’t crazy about the $2000 upkeep only to trade it away soon. The A/C just went out and it’s kinda needed from May- Sept living out here in the desert so that is another repair I don’t have to pay for ($3500+ repair for compressor, expansion valve and pressure transducer).

My big concern was that in another year or year and a half when my Bronco is built, the Ford dealers are going to tell Wrangler owners the market is saturated with used Jeeps and they can’t move Jeeps because the demand is not there. So I would not be surprised to hear wranglers in the future are not going to bring in the trade in value they are today with all the new future Broncos hitting the road. It would be like having to pay extra dollars for my new Bronco or getting less on the trade in, however you want to look at it.

I use to get upset at the delays Ford is having with everything Bronco related from the B&P release to the latest 6 week start build delay due to supplier issues. We are still not thru the flu/cold season and I would not be surprised to hear of more future delays. I use to configure a Bronco with out any of the “late delivery” items because I wanted my Bronco sooner than later. Now, I am not concerned with delays or being a 7 Sept reservation holder and can order the Bronco with whatever accessories and parts I want without concern to “late delivery” whatever that means as we have never been told when is a late delivery. I have a fun car under warranty to hold me over until that day.

When it’s time to get the Bronco I will be happy to get back to a off road 4wd vehicle and get rid of the car. It is nice to not think about when is build and delivery day or any delays.

Ford Bronco Ford, you can delay all you want on the Bronco release.  I’m set for now. 8109BE5E-1EC8-40C1-B8A2-3F834AB33ED5
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bronco is ready when you are :)

Hjhof

Badlands
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’ll be trading in my 19 WRX when I get my bronco, likely in 22 since I just places my reservation. As a devoted Subaru driver (this is my third) it’s weird seeing an Si at a Subie dealer ?

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dont delay, I want my Bronco now! Any issues that arrive, so be it!

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hell, I set up a second Reservation Oct 31 at Granger just to have the option of ordering my 1st reservation as an easy build to get right away and order my BaseManSquatch , green in color 2022 , white top etc etc on the second reservation.

...or not.
Sponsored