Sponsored

What happened to dealership instructed by Ford to not sell over MSRP?

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just contacted a dealership in Illinois that have a Wildtrack 4 door SAS, Lux, soft top with a MSRP of $58,855. They are asking $79,900 for it. This is a 2022 brand new model. I offered them $8000 more over sticker and they would not take it. If you look around the internet at 2021 and 2022 with under 500 miles on the odometer, dealers are still asking 20-25K over sticker price. Why isn't Ford coming down hard on these dealers???
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford's concern is with dealers charging big ADM on reserved units. If that was a stock or abandoned unit, or any unit for that matter, they are free to advertise it for whatever they want. I would not consider it a great business practice but the market will dictate what the transaction price will be.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford never instructed dealers not to add ADM's to the Bronco. The general consensus on the forum is that dealerships should sell to reservation holders at MSRP or whatever deal the negotiated. And that dealerships can sell abandoned orders at whatever they want as it is the price of not having to wait.

Tumbleweed

Base
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 trd or
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just started looking for a bronco and a dealer told me “The Mark up used to be 10k!! People would pay that hand over fist. But recently company policy changed and said we can’t mark up that high. So it went down to 5k”

Sponsored
OP
OP

davesell

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang GT, 19 Mustang Bullitt, 22 F150 PB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Interesting, but they are asking more than 5K for any model.

widnere12

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It was more like a suggestion than an order.

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
M"S"RP. Key word "suggested"

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Context. It wasn’t about Broncos.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So there are people out there still willing to pay that much over sticker... Doesn't do anybody any favors.

And yes, dealers can charge whatever they want on dealer stock.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just contacted a dealership in Illinois that have a Wildtrack 4 door SAS, Lux, soft top with a MSRP of $58,855. They are asking $79,900 for it. This is a 2022 brand new model. I offered them $8000 more over sticker and they would not take it. If you look around the internet at 2021 and 2022 with under 500 miles on the odometer, dealers are still asking 20-25K over sticker price. Why isn't Ford coming down hard on these dealers???
Perhaps if folks like yourself didn't offer them over MSRP, they would not ask for over MSRP? Seriously, it is hard to accept someone complaining about the amount of ADM when they are willing to pay ADM. It is just a matter of degree, not of right and wrong.

As a rhetorical question; you may want to ask yourself if you would put your car up for sale for $15000 and refuse to take $17000 if someone offered it? Perhaps you might think to yourself...if someone offered $1700, I might have it priced too low and there might be someone who would pay $19000 if I wait a bit.

Dealers are acting rationally. They do so because people (like yourself) will offer and pay more than the suggested (in good times, without shortages) price. If Ford was able and willing to put price caps/controls on vehicles, it would generate more scalpers. Supply and demand at work.
Sponsored

Reactions: DEC