Sponsored

What happens once it shows up at dealer?

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer, Ciocca Ford in NJ keeps telling me that there is no paperwork that can be done until the Bronco shows up there. I’m trying to not have to go twice because it’s a little far.
I gave a CC deposit and gave zero paperwork except my reservation emails etc
I most likely will not use their financing unless they can beat my credit union price so I’d rather be able to show up with a check and complete everything and leave and not make 2 trips.
The last time I ordered a truck (long ago) I’m pretty sure I had a sales contract before it showed up at the dealership.
Anyone else have this happen? What am I missing? They verbally said MSRP was the deal.
TY
Sponsored

Jdmandtacos

Wildtrak
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I was able to have a purchase order done and even financing filled out before the bronco arrived.

Kjbeggs

Outer Banks
First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Once mine had shipped, I was able to secure my own financing, as well as have the dealer try and find me a better financing rate (they couldn't), and complete the bulk of the paperwork a week before my Bronco hit their lot.
They did say this was not something they normally like to do, but I've bought several vehicles from them over the years.
when my Bronco was ready for delivery, it was about 3 signatures and I was out the door.

dadjoke

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Big Bend 4-Door 2.7 MIC Auto Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My Dealer (CA) also said there was no paperwork to be done beforehand...

Mine arrived too late in the day for them to do the Pre-Delivery Inspection AND paperwork that day, but my salesperson had already received enough calls from me that he'd told them to pull mine off the truck asap :ROFLMAO:

Between arriving at the dealership to pick it up, test drive, paperwork, gas, wash, and gone was done in just over an hour. I'd already driven a Bronco at a local event, as well as gone to the Off Roadeo, so once I had basically seen every 'box i'd checked' I just wanted to hit the road.

I DID arrive with prearranged financing (through my Credit Union), I wasn't hassled about the warranty (politely offered/declined), I had already sold my other car to Carvana, had notified insurance, had all my paperwork in order, etc etc etc....

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Check with your credit union to see if they are able to electronically transfer funds to your dealership or if they will have to issue a check. You should be able to give your CU an approximate sale amount. Most dealerships don't want to do any final paperwork until you are in the office so the the finance guy can steer you into their financing, add-ons and extended warranties.

Sponsored

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a lot paperwork that can be done pre-arrival but you most certainly could have signed a sales agreement confirming MSRP sales price. Hopefully no surprises when you sit down to finalize.

I too went to the dealer with my credit union pre-approved financing thinking the dealer wouldn't be able to beat their rate however, surprisingly, they were able to find financing through Bank of America 1.5% lower than my credit union. Wouldn't hurt to let them have a shot at beating your CU rate.

BroncoWTFAN

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MachE FE & BL SAS 22
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Most dealers will not finalize paperwork until the vehicle arrives onsite and is inspected. There are so many reasons for this and most of which has already been covered in other threads.

Summary, never sign sight unseen.

OP
OP
OuterJersey

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks for all the great tips and information!

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
It's not in your interest to sign sight-unseen anyway. Your inspection is the last chance to see if anything is missing or damaged.

Sponsored

Jim Walter

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had 50% set aside as my downpayment...was going to finance remainder with NFCU, but FORD beat their great rates. Was notified one evening this past June (after 23 months of waiting) that it had arrived. Went over next morning around 9:00. Took it for its test drive. Returned and filled out most of the paperwork. Took most of the day to process the financing, warranties, etc. Took a break for lunch while they processed the final paperwork. Drove it home around 4:00pm. Went very smoothly. My dealership kept to the NO ADDS ON...MSRP only. Loving it...just went over 7500 miles

OP
OP
OuterJersey

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's not in your interest to sign sight-unseen anyway. Your inspection is the last chance to see if anything is missing or damaged.
True

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Whatever route I decide the finance manager is not going to like me. Ford has already screwed me over enough. That said if you do your homework and have multiple options, that is your best leverage.

OP
OP
OuterJersey

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yup. I guess they want you there sitting in your new vehicle that you don’t own yet for their best leverage. When I finish at a car dealership they never like me. I’m not looking for car salesman friends in the end. Real estate agents hate me the most!!

Pileofrocks

Black Diamond
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond 2 door Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Dealer (CA) also said there was no paperwork to be done beforehand...

Mine arrived too late in the day for them to do the Pre-Delivery Inspection AND paperwork that day, but my salesperson had already received enough calls from me that he'd told them to pull mine off the truck asap :ROFLMAO:

Between arriving at the dealership to pick it up, test drive, paperwork, gas, wash, and gone was done in just over an hour. I'd already driven a Bronco at a local event, as well as gone to the Off Roadeo, so once I had basically seen every 'box i'd checked' I just wanted to hit the road.

I DID arrive with prearranged financing (through my Credit Union), I wasn't hassled about the warranty (politely offered/declined), I had already sold my other car to Carvana, had notified insurance, had all my paperwork in order, etc etc etc....
It sounds like you had a pretty good experience with your dealer at delivery. Which dealer did you use?
Sponsored